Movie script

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Roonil Wazlib said:
Umm... all that is building castles without sand. Without the script, this thing is 100+ pages of crap. That's right Atravir, we're waiting. :(
But it is not like you can't think of all the great things you can make with the sand when you get there, but only to be more disappointed and upset when your parents didn't have the time to stop at the sandpit, even though it had been months since the last time you went there...

*hits Atravir with guilt*
*Atravir loses 546hp*

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:36 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I will post the PDF of what I have (not much in the way of changes since the last time), you can expand on that, but I still want what I have to stay unedited; I will eventually finish it. Eventually.
The Link is as follows. Download it to your computer, I will delete the link in 24 hours or less.
(Deleted Link)

Sep 16, 2008 at 9:42 PM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Cool, thanks. :confused:
Oh, wait, do you have an editable version? I'll keep it the same, I just want to be able to have it in Word.

(By the way, I've been reading this topic since it was first started, in fact I've been following this forum since December of '06. I just recently got off my lazy ass and registered.)

Sep 16, 2008 at 10:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
"Quote" said:
I don't see the toaster thing...
I never knew that a 'bot of few words would have such great lines! (Scary thing is that none of Quote's lines feel out of place)

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
(Deleted Link)
Can you PM it to me? I couldn't get to my computer last night (got home at 11:15pm yesterday).

Sep 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Thanks. :D

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:36 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
On a closer read-through (I saved it to my HD before the link went down), why do you have Chaco and Kazuma calling Quote by his name?

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
raekuul said:
On a closer read-through (I saved it to my HD before the link went down), why do you have Chaco and Kazuma calling Quote by his name?
XD that was a fail by Atravir.

Actually, no, in the first versions of the script Atravir had the narration say "the boy" and "boy" instead of "Quote" every time (because even the audience are not supposed to know his name), but then realised that it sounded crappy that way and auto-replaced every occurance of "the boy" or "boy" with "Quote" seeing as its just the script.

Santa was actually supposed to say "Hey there! Boy!" but after replacement it became "Hey there! Quote!", and Chaco's "What a nice boy" became "What a nice Quote". I also remember someone's "Oh Boy!" turning into "Oh Quote!" lol

Sep 17, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Umm... all that is building castles without sand. Without the script, this thing is 100+ pages of crap. That's right Atravir, we're waiting. :D
Well, 100+ pages of off topic spam pretty much amounts to 100+ pages of crap.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:00 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That reminds me of a Twilight Princess walkthrough I once read. The author auto-replaced all right with left, so we got such gems as "Ran left into it" or "Bleft" instead of "Ran right into it" and "Bright"

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
innocent.bystander said:
Two issues:
1) You need to have the two rooms before the core room. The second is important as it leads to the waterway after the fight. You only need 2 seconds for both rooms, maybe even a set of stills showing Quote and Curly starting to get along. Don't be in a rush to jump from one boss fight to another.

2) Core should not be seen before the fight. Have him slowly rising out of the water in the background during the robot scene (off in the distance, directly behind quote, and quote facing the camera). Then do a closeup of core, the water literally pouring off of him. Switch back to quote with the wide eyes (and the core in the background view again) as he stands up and slowly turns around.

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:29 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
What about finding the tow rope? Or will that be after the fight?

Are you omitting the fight with Balrog, or did Atravir already cover that?

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
Are you omitting the fight with Balrog, or did Atravir already cover that?
Already covered.

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:51 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Also, I second Andwhyisit's first point. I'm not sure about the second.

You could also put a little more into the control room – remember how one door was stuck, and the final door was opened from a different terminal? Now, I'm not saying it needs to be done exactly as in the game, only that it seems to have been oversimplified.

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Also, I second Andwhyisit's first point. I'm not sure about the second.

You could also put a little more into the control room – remember how one door was stuck, and the final door was opened from a different terminal? Now, I'm not saying it needs to be done exactly as in the game, only that it seems to have been oversimplified.
Thirded. Also, to solve 2 problems at once, why can't the Tow Rope be the cause of the jam in shutter #4?