Movie script

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:56 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Atravir said:
Jacob is right; writing is also slower and lacks spell check, which is vital to the script's existence.

True it can be slower and does lack a spell check (hell its lacking a ctrl+z xD).

But... If your somewhere where you cant type, but can write. Then isn't it slower that you accomplished nothing during the time you were gone? You could just add it on the computer later and spell check it when your done along with fixing mistakes. Then your off with writing the next part xP. I'm just sayin.

This will be the last post about this matter. I'm not one who sticks with the past for too long xP.

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:16 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
An important lesson in all of this. Don't hack at jellyfish at the beach, each piece will grow into a new jellyfish after the tide sweeps them back out. Kids think they are killing the jellyfish when really they are just creating more.
I've heard that of earthworms, but not of jellyfish... and it makes more sense for earthworms than for jellyfish.

andwhyisit said:
I've also heard of animals that can change their own gender.
So've I.

...So how's the Mimish coming?

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Went on hold due to organizing my sister's birthday party and watching two seasons of the X-Files. :p

Though I still need to cut down on some symbols. I get the feeling that some of those symbols can be represented by multiple symbols, so I need a large amount of help in heavily refining my work.

Sep 4, 2008 at 4:32 PM
In front of a computer
...No progress here? I thought there would be a few pages in the past two weeks!

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:04 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Atravir said:
Hi all you people with no life.

I'm trying to make a manuscript out of cave story. It seriously would make an excellent Anime movie. Any suggestions on things to add/remove/alter?

The movie plays as a mix of easy/hard mode. Booster and curly live, but Quote never actually learns about Ballos.

Note: Also, if anyone has any concept art, please email it to me! I'm having to write descriptions of characters based on 8-bit sprites. Not easy.
First, Curly must die, it adds depth to Cave Story's storyline. Booster can live, his death is unimpressive. But Curly sacrificed herself for Quoe, and to stop the Doctor. I was disappointed when she died, but after beating the good ending, I realized it was one of the few things that added depth to the story.

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:44 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
1) You do know that Curly isn't supposed to die, and that Quote rescues her in the best ending, right?
2) I know death adds depth to the story, that's why both King and Toroko die. But seriously, I really didn't want to kill of everybody because then there would only be about 4 good characters, and that pretty much takes the depth out of the story itself. It would be like one of those corny monster movies where they always kill off the funny and interesting guys, which totally kills the mood of the story.
3) If you're going to make a suggestion, don't word it as if I have to do what you want me to do. It's insolent, and is shows that you take for granted that I'm even taking suggestions at all.

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:31 PM
This Troper
Also, we could expect a huge outrage from Curly-lovers if Atravir let her die. Y'understood? You do not kill da robot!

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM
In front of a computer
JacobX891 said:
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
First, Curly must die
First off, you're an idiot.
Second, Curly is one of the few female characters. without her, the amount of pr0n is halved. The one good thing coming on my end from this movie is a vast increase of pr0n. More publicity=more pron, ESPECIALLY when the mvie is animated.
Third, Curly is Quote's counterpart. Without her, Quote's character isn't shown to its full effect. Without her, he is just another killer robot, with barely enough emotion to feel that maybe he should save the guy stuck in the shack. Without her, a vital emotional pillar is missing: Love.

So you see, we need Curly.
Do you see that now? Do you? Apparently not. You jerk.
You score 1/3 there. The third point is definitely valid... though I think it's more likely sibling love than romantic.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:59 PM
This Troper
Celtic Minstrel said:
though I think it's more likely sibling love than romantic.
I'd say it's a brothers-in-arms relationship, but tell that to Quote/Curly shippers. Admit it, the implications are there.

Lvl. 3 Blade said:
First, Curly must die
Atravir's right. Killing off more than two characters means a) a horror movie, or b) crapping crappy crap-movie crap. We don't want either one.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
JacobX891 said:
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
First, Curly must die
First off, you're an idiot.
Second, Curly is one of the few female characters. without her, the amount of pr0n is halved. The one good thing coming on my end from this movie is a vast increase of pr0n. More publicity=more pron, ESPECIALLY when the mvie is animated.
Third, Curly is Quote's counterpart. Without her, Quote's character isn't shown to its full effect. Without her, he is just another killer robot, with barely enough emotion to feel that maybe he should save the guy stuck in the shack. Without her, a vital emotional pillar is missing: Love.

So you see, we need Curly.
Do you see that now? Do you? Apparently not. You jerk.

Stop the insulting or ban.

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:10 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
He does it naturally to noobs. Change him.

Curly makes Quote look very much quiet. Kill her.

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:35 PM
This Troper
freezit4 said:
Not in the movie, she doesn't. She must survive.

Sep 14, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Guy with Sword
freezit4 said:
Um, FYI, he is quiet. Always.

Sep 14, 2008 at 10:25 PM
Guy with Sword
Double post, but for good reason. I've been wanting to say this for a while...
For the people who have been diligently (or at least with much impatience) keeping up to date with this thread, it's very obvious that I don't update. Ever. The general excuse I give you is that I'm busy, no? Well, that's true, but it's not the whole reason I don't update.
Every time I get the chance to sit down and take a look back at the script, I generally get through the first two or three pages before closing Word with a resounding "Eh...". The problem isn't that I don't know what to write, it's just that what I've written so far is on such a lower level of writing that I probably would have to start from the beginning to make the script sound competent to me at all. And I would gladly do this, but given that I wrote this only one year ago I can only imagine that in the near future I would probably return to this, see a lack of deeper meaning and corny, cliche dialog like I do now, and would opt to rewrite it again.
As great as a fan service a script were to be, writing one without professional technique or guidance can only end in failure to create a creditable movie. In my spare time, I will probably still work on it, reformat it, and generally use it to practice my writing skills (which is really what it was intended for in the first place). But if you people still want a community fan-service that I might be able to help on, there is an alternative that might bring forth the same result...
Over the last year, I've done some research on independent animations and movies, and movie production in general. A novel concept for you: the vast majority of anime, American/European animation, and even some big-screen live action movies, originate from one simple franchise: comics. But you all knew that, right? What you might not know is that even the worst written comics and manga can result in an astoundingly sturdy OVA, as long as they are publicized and have at least some reader base. And comics are indubitably affordable to produce. Just look at webcomics.
This is just an idea. I can tell you now that the movie script (at least this version of it) is crippled, in hospice, and awaiting death. A comic is a decent, cheap, and fan-creditable alternative; but all I would offer to do is provide the script, the rest of you would have to draw and publish it. I'm leaving the choice up to this forum, but the movie script is going nowhere.
Atravir Out.

Sep 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Double post, but for good reason. I've been wanting to say this for a while...
For the people who have been diligently (or at least with much impatience) keeping up to date with this thread, it's very obvious that I don't update. Ever. The general excuse I give you is that I'm busy, no? Well, that's true, but it's not the whole reason I don't update.
Every time I get the chance to sit down and take a look back at the script, I generally get through the first two or three pages before closing Word with a resounding "Eh...". The problem isn't that I don't know what to write, it's just that what I've written so far is on such a lower level of writing that I probably would have to start from the beginning to make the script sound competent to me at all. And I would gladly do this, but given that I wrote this only one year ago I can only imagine that in the near future I would probably return to this, see a lack of deeper meaning and corny, cliche dialog like I do now, and would opt to rewrite it again.
As great as a fan service a script were to be, writing one without professional technique or guidance can only end in failure to create a creditable movie. In my spare time, I will probably still work on it, reformat it, and generally use it to practice my writing skills (which is really what it was intended for in the first place). But if you people still want a community fan-service that I might be able to help on, there is an alternative that might bring forth the same result...
Over the last year, I've done some research on independent animations and movies, and movie production in general. A novel concept for you: the vast majority of anime, American/European animation, and even some big-screen live action movies, originate from one simple franchise: comics. But you all knew that, right? What you might not know is that even the worst written comics and manga can result in an astoundingly sturdy OVA, as long as they are publicized and have at least some reader base. And comics are indubitably affordable to produce. Just look at webcomics.
This is just an idea. I can tell you now that the movie script (at least this version of it) is crippled, in hospice, and awaiting death. A comic is a decent, cheap, and fan-creditable alternative; but all I would offer to do is provide the script, the rest of you would have to draw and publish it. I'm leaving the choice up to this forum, but the movie script is going nowhere.
Atravir Out.
The post I was dreading for a long time now. :rolleyes:

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:02 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
SOB
Atravir, can you send me the script so far? I consider myself a competent writer and would be honored to continue it.

(Hi there S.P., on another note.)

(Edit: There's definitely SOMETHING going on between Quote and Curly.)

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:32 AM
Guy with Sword
JacobX891 said:
I think we all kind of knew this was coming, but, well, it was fun while it lasted to delude ourselves that this would be finished..
I might still finish it. When I'm in my late twenties and come across it in the back of my closet, and am rich and have nothing better to do.
What? Doesn't everyone become rich and famous by age 30?

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:41 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Is there still a chance that the script will be finished?

If we can get this into manga form and ship it over to some Japan publisher and hopefully some in the US or sold online:

a) we may be able to eventually afford the film if the manga sells well
b) Japan can do the job for us if the manga sells over there
c) or maybe the whole thing could fall down around us, who knows.

Worth a shot though.

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:06 AM
In front of a computer
Well, there's likely copyright issues if you're going to make money from it...

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
Well, there's likely copyright issues if you're going to make money from it...
Yeah. We'll need to show it to Pixel first before going ahead. It seems like the only way we can fund a movie.

..if a script is one day finished. *sigh*