Movie script

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:54 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
How about this:
Prof. Brace never had children.
Can't decide whether the fact, that someone's kids can kick Ballos' ass, really sucks or really rocks...

Atravir said:
Keep in mind, if 1 page = 1 minute of screen time, then this movie will be around 2 1/2 hours at this rate. So I only have so much space to put everything in.
Somewhere on the first few pages of this thread someone suggested making this OVA series instead. I could imagine ending one episode by a shot of Quote's face, while he was drowning, then the next episode would begin with that "I can breathe??" moment... Anyway, that would give you as many time as you needed. But on the other hand, I'm not sure it would be possible to keep the pace up throughout all the episodes, so that the viewers wouldn't get bored halfway.
But there are other ways to show the Sisters: blooper reel (along with Ma Pignon and others: "Why the hell did they drop US out?"), deleted scenes, director's cut...
You see, I really loved their expressions...

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
An OVA would just be more complicated to make, especially on our budget of diddly-squat. It be easier to make one movie than try to break it up into a miniseries that would probably end up being stuck together at the end anyways because it's not this would air on TV or anything...

Jul 3, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
do you want it to sound stiff (each word flat, as if there is no emotion) or do you want me to actually speak as a human being?
Speak as a human being, else it would be too obvious that he is a robot. No-one is supposed to notice that he is a robot until after grasstown. Plus you want audiences to bond with the character, but you can't do that if he gives off the impression of a emotionless robot can you?

So yes, human voice.

p.s Thanks for doing this. ;)

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
Does anybody know how I can record sound from my microphone?
1. Go to volume control.
2. Use the options to switch to recording control.
3. Enable microphone and set recording volume to max.
4. Record using Sound Recorder located somewhere under the "Accessories" folder in your start menu on just about every version of windows.
5. Save .wav file.
6. Convert to mp3.

p.s. The microphone needs to go into the Aux In/Microphone plug, but I am assuming you did that for your AVI file.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:33 AM
In front of a computer
andwhyisit said:
:rolleyes:

You mean Misery (Miza) and Balrog right?

I think that scene should have just have them unoticable in the background and instead of Date (the Doctor) saying anything it should just have walking though the dark room with his footsteps echoing (no background music in this scene btw) until he stops in front of the crown. He pauses for a moment then lifts it up, a grin slowly spreading across his face. Date starts chuckling, the camera changes to behind him and then he starts laughing manically. The camera rises to the inky blackness of the roof. The screen then lowers as the laughing starts to fade out (like it is now from a distance), but it lowers onto Quote in first cave. The camera focuses on Quote's face. You hear Kazuma's voice like it is coming from a bad quality radio. Quote's eyes open. Background music doesn't start until he leaves the first room. Lighten up the next scene by throwing in some humour as Quote adjusts to his surroundings.
If you were going to do this, then I think Misery and Balrog in the bubbles should only appear after the crown has been claimed by the Doctor.

Atravir said:
I actually did a joke like that in the labyrinth. But yeah, I get your point.
Keep in mind, if 1 page = 1 minute of screen time, then this movie will be around 2 1/2 hours at this rate. So I only have so much space to put everything in.

Of course, the script can be as long as it needs to be, but if the movie is actually MADE, then it would have to be cut in places.
Yes, I'd definitely say that you shouldn't worry too much about duration when you're writing the script, since parts can always be cut later.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
Yes, I'd definitely say that you shouldn't worry too much about duration when you're writing the script, since parts can always be cut later.
I am personally against this idea. I think Atravir can create a better script the way he is doing it now. Better than rewording the script for every scene you cut (or maybe not, I mean who is going to notice around 20 plotholes anyway :rolleyes:).

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:02 AM
Guy with Sword
JacobX891 said:
Does anybody know how I can record sound from my microphone?
Anyway, I had to record as an .avi because I don't know any other way because I'm stupid. Here's my attempt at finding Quote's voice over the course of 10 minutes.
Nice try. Firstly, your trying too hard, and it shows. Secondly, don't try funny voices, it sound's like your trying to make a funny voice. Real voice actors either use their normal voice, or really have to get into the character they're trying to personify. Think of it this way, people hear how you talk. If you talk like your trying to change your voice, people will hear someone trying to change their voice; it sounds strained and unreal. Talk normally, and people will hear a normal voice.
In truth, I think the voice actors should be Japanese. Not just since it's designed to be an anime, but if the game was Japanese to begin with, it's only fair. Either way, voice acting would make or break this film if we were to do this, so professional quality acting would probably be needed.

Also, enjoy this.
Awesome. :rolleyes:

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:52 AM
Guy with Sword
JacobX891 said:
What about my Monster X voice? D=
Stunningly brilliant. :rolleyes:

JacobX891 said:
See, I've got this perfect voice in my head, and I can't quite get it right.
I'll try again tomorrow, my head hurts...
Maybe if I had a line to read this would be easier...
Maybe if my voice wasn't so dry this would be easier...
Maybe if my throat wasn't so dry this would be easier...
I don't know.
Record your voice and mess with it in SoundBooth or something like that. Change the pitch, volume, and mess with the equity until you get what you want, then try to mimic what you came up with. It's a lot easier.

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I might be able to do a voice, maybe....No real experience, I admit, but I think I'm pretty good at getting into character. I think my voice is deeper than Jacob's, I might be able to do something like the Doctor, maybe, I dunno.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
True Hitoare said:
I might be able to do a voice, maybe....No real experience, I admit, but I think I'm pretty good at getting into character. I think my voice is deeper than Jacob's, I might be able to do something like the Doctor, maybe, I dunno.
Well can you by any chance record then post here a few examples of you voicing one or more characters.

Free help is always good with a movie budget of $0. :rolleyes:

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:30 AM
In front of a computer
Will there be a second release of the script soon?

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:27 AM
Guy with Sword
If by 'soon' you mean 'some time between now and judgment', then yes.

JacobX891 said:
D=
THERE ARE NO MONOLOGUES OF QUOTE!
*sigh*
Oh well, I'll just have to pick a single line.
>.>
At least now I have something to read off of, I guess...
Pick five or six lines that express different emotions (joy, excitement, shock, sadness, etc.), and use those.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
If by 'soon' you mean 'some time between now and judgment', then yes.
:(

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:28 AM
Guy with Sword
Roonil Wazlib said:
@ Atravir
You prolly need to explain exactly how Quote's character is first.
Quote's attributes:
Usually confused, moderately shy, somewhat curious, pretty brave, slightly childish, thinks things out, man(bot?) of few words, sympathetic for others, strong morals, positive outlook (mostly). Did I miss anything?

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Atravir said:
Quote's attributes:
Usually confused, moderately shy, somewhat curious, pretty brave, slightly childish, thinks things out, man(bot?) of few words, sympathetic for others, strong morals, positive outlook (mostly). Did I miss anything?
Basically Kenshin. I think we need someone with a softer voice to play him. Like MetaSeraphim or WarriorX if they're willing to play. Jake can play Jack and King and people who need stronger voices (I was seriously surprised to hear him sound like he's 15 or 16 O_o)

Jul 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Basically Kenshin. I think we need someone with a softer voice to play him. Like MetaSeraphim or WarriorX if they're willing to play. Jake can play Jack and King and people who need stronger voices (I was seriously surprised to hear him sound like he's 15 or 16 O_o)
We can't use just anyone. But they are welcome to audition if they want.