Movie script

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:03 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Damned Rule 34... I'll never be able to look at certain things like before...

CURSE YOU, RULE 34! CURSE YOU I SAY!!

Jun 28, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
JacobX891 said:
D=
YOU HAVE TO USE HIM HE'S ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS! NOT INCLUDING CTHULU IS LIKE NOT INCLUDING THE ChInFiSh!

No, he's not. He's a support character. Also, I have no way of rescuing him at the end of the story and don't give me anymore shit about how I can waste half an hour explaining how every fucking character fits in Momorin's helicopter. Don't need him, he's out.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:36 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
You could make him the uber weird characters who don't give a fuck about living or dying, and I personally see him as a guy who wouldn't associate himself with the helicpoter escape, but it'd prolly waste a bit more time of the movie to show his weirdness.

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It would be nice if he was a guy just coming up to quote here and there telling him something, or giving him an item or whatever, and in the end everone assume his dead.

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have him not present but leave a chisel next to the incomplete statue of Date.

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM
This Troper
It would be nice to include him, at least for a bit of foreshadowing. Remember, he's the first one to notice Quote comes from the Surface. Also, he could provide some funny bits...
And don't bother with saving him. The game doesn't say anything about him surviving, too.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Guy with Sword
Or instead of explaining anything at all, I'll just add him in the sequel as a "WTF!?!?" factor.

Curly: What is this place?
Cthulu walks up from behind.
Cthulu: Remnants of the floating island. Jenka's magic is still holding them up.
Quote turns to acknowledge Cthulu, then does a double take.
Quote: Wait, what?? How are you still alive?!?
Cthulu: Why wouldn't I be?
Quote: But you...I mean the island...never mind...

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Jul 1, 2008 at 2:18 PM
This Troper
...mustn't let this thread out of first page...

If I remember correctly, Atravir said (wrote) he's letting out the Sisters. Well, I'd like to see their :ps in the movie. Actually, the fight doesn't have to occur in that smashed building. Maybe Quote could just run down the corridor while being pursued by the two dragons. What do you think?

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Guy with Sword
I already did that with monster X.
It really depends on what Boss battles I can make the most interesting, so Sisters might be in or might not. I just can't have every boss in the movie, it would make it too long and repetitive.

Jul 1, 2008 at 3:22 PM
This Troper
I suppose there would be MANY more classical bossfights than these chases, even with Sisters, so no repetitiveness to be afraid of. And Sisters would be more of a funny part than serious fight. (Yup, Monster X again...) Well, Egg Corridor? part should be there, because it serves some purpose as "What the hell happened here?" factor.
I see it like:
Qoute teleports to Egg Corridor. He looks around ang geoes on until he finds a Sky Dragon carcass. He inspects it and one Sister appears behind him. He turns around and probably thinks she is peaceful, until the sister opens her mouth to spit a fireball at him. He raises his weapon (which one?), but is poked from behind by the second sister. He barely dodges the fireball, sees it destructive and runs.
Quote, burned a bit, runs into the Egg Observation Room, slams the door and leans on it. He shakes as one of the Sisters slams into the door from the other side. He sighs in relief, secures the door and proceeds to the hatched egg. "Outside", one Sister shoots tongue at the other and the other one snaps her jaws in the first one's direction.

It could certainly be written in a better way, but it's just a suggestion anyway.

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:53 PM
Guy with Sword
I actually did a joke like that in the labyrinth. But yeah, I get your point.
Keep in mind, if 1 page = 1 minute of screen time, then this movie will be around 2 1/2 hours at this rate. So I only have so much space to put everything in.

Of course, the script can be as long as it needs to be, but if the movie is actually MADE, then it would have to be cut in places.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:04 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I dunno what I'm gonna do here, I seriously suck at voicing or anything that involves physical/vocal participation, and then again I suck at everything else too. I guess I'll help Atravir out with the script if he needs a proofreader prolly ._.

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:48 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
I dunno what I'm gonna do here, I seriously suck at voicing or anything that involves physical/vocal participation, and then again I suck at everything else too. I guess I'll help Atravir out with the script if he needs a proofreader prolly ._.

You dont suck at failing, dont be so hard on your self ;)

<.< >.>
yeah i suck at voicing too, its more a confidence thing :o

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
It's all about the flexibility of your voice. You either can do it or you can't, which is why we might have a bit of trouble in that area.

Also, I'll probably be recording some voice-samples soon once I find the right medium for Quote. What's he supposed to sound like? I have no idea.

I'm kind of in the dark myself about who I'm voicing for and who I'm not.
A male teenager (mid-teens) voice but a tiny bit on the mature side. Quote needs to sound more like a young human than a robot.

Just give us several voices for Quote and we will choose one.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:07 AM
Guy with Sword
You know, I always pictured Quote's voice as closer to a kid. Like, around 13 or 14. Not squeaky, but still obviously a kid.
If it needs explaining, Prof. Brace used smaller voices to lure enemies into a false sense of security. Or something like that.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:13 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Holy crap! 180 pages?! ;)

Atravir said:
You know, I always pictured Quote's voice as closer to a kid. Like, around 13 or 14. Not squeaky, but still obviously a kid.
If it needs explaining, Prof. Brace used smaller voices to lure enemies into a false sense of security. Or something like that.
How about this:
Prof. Brace never had children.

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:10 AM
Guy with Sword
Hence the "or something like that".