Movie script

Jul 22, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Atravir said:
I'll probably add the bubbler in, I'm just too lazy right now.

As for the nemesis, no way. Blade stays, it's a moral thing. That and I need the lvl3 thing for the finishing move with the doctor. The littles were kind of pointless story wise, so even if they're in the movie, it will be a small part.

Lightshow? Probably not. It'd require giving up the spur. And the spur rocks.

As for Sue getting out of her cage, I don't think it was as much of time as it was that she explains the what the doctor's plans are to King and Jack, who realize the spectrum of the whole thing and let her out. Because up until then, they had no real concept of who the Doctor really was. That's kind of hard to explain though in the movie. Maybe I can make that scene longer, and go back a bit to show the start of the conversation.

EDIT: And do you really want Quote to go get the jellyfish juice five times? Honestly? That's a lot of repetition. And it'd kick the movie length up fifteen minutes, and it will probably already be bordering 2 1/2 hours.

I never said I wanted the item collection to be 2 1/2 hours long. I'd already mentioned that you'd done well to cut those parts in a previous post. What I meant is, in the game, you're so engrossed in advancing through grasstown that you temporarily forget the story and it works all well. But that isn't the case in a movie. I dunno, it all depends on how long Quote spends in GT.

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:59 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I think he's pretty determined to find Kazuma, although he does take a detour to get Santa's key. As for forgetting the story, I don't really think he had much of an idea of what's going on to begin with. Like in the game, the story really isn't truly understandable until the end of grasstown, when you find out the doctor is trying to take over the world.

Jul 23, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Atravir said:
As for the nemesis, no way. Blade stays, it's a moral thing. That and I need the lvl3 thing for the finishing move with the doctor. The littles were kind of pointless story wise, so even if they're in the movie, it will be a small part.

I remember hearing that there was a way to trade the bubbler instead of the blade in the actual game, but as I said Mr.Little can fight with the nemesis if needs be or a different trade-off (maybe as a token of gratitude from Mr.Little) since I am 100% AGAINST Quote EVER giving away the Blade. I just think that after Undead Core is.. um.. dead, it would be both cool and funny if Quote shot it with a duck from the lvl3 Nemesis before running to jump off the island.

Oh and try to have a way in which as many people (humans, mimigas, puppies, Balrog, Pooh Black, sky dragon, Littles, Quote & Curly, Korons, Numahachi, Cthulthu, Chaba, Malco, Dr Gero, Nurse Hasumi, etc.) can survive the falling island as possible.

I can see this being an awesome movie!

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
andwhyisit said:
I remember hearing that there was a way to trade the bubbler instead of the blade in the actual game, but as I said Mr.Little can fight with the nemesis if needs be or a different trade-off (maybe as a token of gratitude from Mr.Little) since I am 100% AGAINST Quote EVER giving away the Blade. I just think that after Undead Core is.. um.. dead, it would be both cool and funny if Quote shot it with a duck from the lvl3 Nemesis before running to jump off the island.

Oh and try to have a way in which as many people (humans, mimigas, puppies, Balrog, Pooh Black, sky dragon, Littles, Quote & Curly, Korons, Numahachi, Cthulthu, Chaba, Malco, Dr Gero, Nurse Hasumi, etc.) can survive the falling island as possible.

I can see this being an awesome movie!

About the puppies, did they actually die when Balrog attacked Jenka? Since for the rest of the game, there's only the one puppy you brought in when Jenka was down already. It should also be the same one that brings you the life capsule.
The ones in the credits should be a new generation then.

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Guy with Sword

I'll think of something for the littles when I get there. As for people who survive:
humans: All leave on the helicopter. There's only like five. Oh, and Malco and Booster teleport to the plantation and get on the helicopter as well.
Mimigas: They're terrorizing the countryside while you kill the undead core. After the island go boom, they all return to normal
puppies: Jenka and friends teleport out.
Balrog: he saves misery and runs. I need them for the sequel.
Pooh Black: I don't think he's even in the movie. Too many bosses in the labyrinth.
sky dragon: Leaves with Kazuma
Littles: In quotes pocket, if need be.
Quote & Curly: Via Sky Dragon
Korons: Read 'Mimiga'
Numahachi: Who?
Cthulthu: Usless advice guy? He no in movie.
Chaba: Questioning whether to add him or not.
Dr Gero & Nurse Hasumi: They just pop up in the sequel for no reason. Quote is like "What?? You were... but how did you?..."

About the puppies, did they actually die when Balrog attacked Jenka? Since for the rest of the game, there's only the one puppy you brought in when Jenka was down already. It should also be the same one that brings you the life capsule.
The ones in the credits should be a new generation then.

Actually, in the movie, they're all there, just cowering from Balrog. And there are no life capsules in the movie. That's just way to videogame-ish.

Speaking of lvl. 3, how difficult for Quote are you gonna make getting to MAX charge in spur. I mean, you can't have him shoot maxes against every critter, can you?

Takes about five seconds to charge. He just usually uses the normal blast, although the charge makes a good finisher.

Sorry for the long post. :D

EDIT: Oh, I had to add this. In the movie, Dr. Gero has a deep voice and a fancy British accent, despite his goofy appearance. Weirds everybody out. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and 100th post! Huzzah! :D

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
I'll think of something for the littles when I get there. As for people who survive:
humans: All leave on the helicopter. There's only like five. Oh, and Malco and Booster teleport to the plantation and get on the helicopter as well.
Mimigas: They're terrorizing the countryside while you kill the undead core. After the island go boom, they all return to normal
puppies: Jenka and friends teleport out.
Balrog: he saves misery and runs. I need them for the sequel.
Pooh Black: I don't think he's even in the movie. Too many bosses in the labyrinth.
sky dragon: Leaves with Kazuma
Littles: In quotes pocket, if need be.
Quote & Curly: Via Sky Dragon
Korons: Read 'Mimiga'
Numahachi: Who?
Cthulthu: Usless advice guy? He no in movie.
Chaba: Questioning whether to add him or not.
Dr Gero & Nurse Hasumi: They just pop up in the sequel for no reason. Quote is like "What?? You were... but how did you?..."

1. Does that include the Hermit Gunsmith?
2. Numahachi is the statue carver.
3. Cthulthu were the first to notice Quote was a robot and left a few clues that you don't notice til' your second playthrough.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:37 AM
Guy with Sword
I'm not sure about the hermit gunsmith. I'll think of something...eventually.

Oh yeah, the statue carver. Don't think he's in the movie.

I need to go back and see what those guys say. And there's more than one, so I don't know what to do with them.

Jul 24, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
xristosx said:
hows the movie going and how is it being made? :D

Something you gotta keep this thread informed about.

Well, how're you gonna make the island survive [Correct me if I'm wrong, but the island descends and goes boom as soon as you jump off with Sue, doesn't it?]

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Guy with Sword
Again, the island doesn't survive. It crashes. Most of the people/creatures survive though.

As an update, I'm working on the waterway at the moment. I'm not going to release another script (as I said before) until it is finished and registered. But I will give excerpts...

Cut to: Full shot of a door. The boy runs on-screen and, seeing the door, opens it and dives inside.

Cut to: Other side of door. The room is small and dimly lit, the walls made of the same material as the ones in the hall. The camera faces the boy, who stands in front of the door, panting. All of a sudden he stops and looks up in realization of what is in the room.

Cut to: Rest of room. There is a large wooden table surrounded by ten or fifteen chairs, some benches along the sides of the room, and a counter, on which are a few glasses full of beer. Sitting on the chairs and benches are in all about thirty gaudis. They all stare at him silently.

Cut to: Mid shot of boy. He stares for a moment at the things, then grins with that “please don’t kill me” look on his face.

Boy: Heh heh…

Cut to: Hallway, camera facing the same door. Loud banging and yelling can be heard from the other side of the door, followed by a laser gun being fired off several times, and more banging. The boy bursts out of the room, slamming the door behind him and bracing it with his body. Loud banging is heard from the other side as the gaudis try to get out, but the boy holds the door firmly shut. He then looks down at the door knob, and promptly rips it off. He steps back slowly, and the banging continues, but that seemed to have jammed the door. The boy walks quickly down the hall...

I'm also going back and changing the Monster X battle, I didn't like how I wrote it the first time. The boss room is going to be extremely long, and Quote and Curly start out just running from it, although Quote actually blows it up later on.

EDIT: Here, while you're waiting on me to finish the script, play this game.

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:13 AM
Guy with Sword
Sorry about the double post.

Does anyone know if there is a technical term for that sweat drop thing you get in Anime? Like when somethings embarrassing? Or is it just the sweat drop thing?

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:52 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Atravir said:
Sorry about the double post.

Does anyone know if there is a technical term for that sweat drop thing you get in Anime? Like when somethings embarrassing? Or is it just the sweat drop thing?
Nah, not really. It's just called a sweat drop thing. But did you know that when a character's feet are moving at a fast rate and moving from side to side as if they were sliding is called Tokyo feet?

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:51 AM
Guy with Sword
Jester Frog said:
Nah, not really. It's just called a sweat drop thing. But did you know that when a character's feet are moving at a fast rate and moving from side to side as if they were sliding is called Tokyo feet?

Wait, like when it looks like they have a whole punch of feet, or a swirly thing for feet with the dust coming up behind them?

EDIT: Random idea.
diph.php

Jul 25, 2007 at 11:14 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The sweatdrop is called "sweat mark" or "ase maaku/汗マーク" in Japanese.
The same thing for angry characters is called "anger mark" - "ikari maaku/怒りマーク".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_drop

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:04 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Atravir said:
Wait, like when it looks like they have a whole punch of feet, or a swirly thing for feet with the dust coming up behind them?

diph.php
Whole bunch of feet. It looks like they're sliding on the ground.

Jul 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM
Guy with Sword
Roonil Wazlib said:
And what about the sequel? How'll you show hell with the island sunken?

He's not in hell in the sequel. The sequel is mine to make of what I want (well, within reason). I think I posted the outline for it somewhere on this thread.

Jul 25, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Atravir said:

diph.php

hehe frog GO CHRONO TRIGGER!! ;)

Jul 26, 2007 at 12:49 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Atravir said:
He's not in hell in the sequel. The sequel is mine to make of what I want (well, within reason). I think I posted the outline for it somewhere on this thread.
Yep, you did. It's on page 2 or 3. Here it is:
Atravir said:
Here is the outline of my sequel:

-Ballos is now free of his island prison, and although he is still insane, his powers have deteriorated. His goal is to gain more power and destroy the Earth.
-Misery and Balrog survive the crash, but have nowhere to go, and no power. Ballos strikes a deal with Misery to give her power as his servant.
-Sue and Itoh still try to find a cure to their Mimiga curse, but overall failing, decide to try and find Misery, for only she can undo her own curse. Of coarse, Quote is ready to help.
-Since the only other Mimigas ever seen on the surface were the mutants 10 years ago, the Mimigas, who must now live on the surface due to their destroyed island, are not welcomed by the humans. They still think that Mimigas are dangerous, and the government plans to send in military to destroy them. Can Quote and Curly stop them?

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM
Guy with Sword
Yeah, something like that. I also want to add another main Mimiga character, since by the end of Cave story I'm down to Jack. I need to outline the sequel.

"Because the more the public is on our side, the faster we can get clearance to wipe out the rest of the damn Mimigas! And the faster we wipe them out, the faster we can start looking for that crown..."
-General Berrict, Cave Story Sequel

Muahahahahaha!