Oy!
Thru wall Fireballs are mine!
MINE!

Thief
=P

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:54 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Really amazing work with the new content. I have a few bugs/glitchs to reveal, though...
1. Is it supposed to be possible to access the 2nd part (Puzzle room) of the Land of Enchantment by dropping down the pit with the spikes above it BEFORE defeating the Demonic Dragon Twins?

2. Whenever I try to use any combination with the black stone (The one exactly on the left side of the set of stones) in the puzzle room, the game locks up entirely, forcing me to Ctrl+Alt+Delete out. I only hope I don't have to move this one to complete the puzzle...

3. Though probably intentional, the Dark Dragons in Mortanro's Castle are now able to shoot through the floor, while the giant bats cannot.
Also, I'm late with this reply, but...
I could've sworn the Titan of Thunder would've used Ballos' 1st form AI...
wedge of cheese said:
Also, be sure to play from the beginning so that you can see the new intro sequence.
I second this, it's very nicely done.

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Bad Beholder said:
Really amazing work with the new content. I have a few bugs/glitchs to reveal, though...
1. Is it supposed to be possible to access the 2nd part (Puzzle room) of the Land of Enchantment by dropping down the pit with the spikes above it BEFORE defeating the Demonic Dragon Twins?

2. Whenever I try to use any combination with the black stone (The one exactly on the left side of the set of stones) in the puzzle room, the game locks up entirely, forcing me to Ctrl+Alt+Delete out. I only hope I don't have to move this one to complete the puzzle...

3. Though probably intentional, the Dark Dragons in Mortanro's Castle are now able to shoot through the floor, while the giant bats cannot.

1. I put a temporary shortcut in the first half of LOE, so I could skip most of the level. Maybe I forgot to take it out again.

2. Hmmm... that's weird because I tested the puzzle, it worked, and I did move that stone. This will probably take some time to fix.

3. That was intentional. The giant bats can't shoot through walls to not make the mod too hard, and the dragons can shoot through walls to force you to kill them at the beginning, because if you don't kill them, they'll keep shooting at you for the rest of the level! I also made sure the dragons only appear if you enter the level from the door at the bottom (they're not there when you enter from the top or the savepoint).

EDIT:

Oh, snap, I just realized something. On some computers, you can't hold jump, shoot, and down arrow at the same time, which makes Mortanro's tower ridiculously difficult. I think I'll make an alternate version of the tower which is easier, and at the beginning is asks you "Do you have a screwey computer?" and if yes, it does the alternate tower.

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM
graters gonna grate
Ok, sorry about the double post, but I felt this was important enough to deserve its own post rather than an edit in the previous post.

I fixed both of the problems that BB pointed out. The first one was just as easy to fix as I suspected (took me a grand total of about 5 seconds), and the second one turned out to be a lot easier to fix than I though. Anyways, to fix the problems, simply download these two files and put them in the "data\Stage" folder, replacing their already existing counterparts.

loe.pxm
god2.tsc

Also, I just realized that there's a pretty big plot hole right now, which I will fix in the next release (major spoiler coming up, don't read unless you know what the Godspeak Medallion is).

The whole point of going through the Underground Passage, Dragzelire Fist, Mysterious Place, Titan of Thunder, and Land of Enchantment was to get to the end of the Land of Enchantment, so you can talk to Solagicove. However, if you get the Godspeak Medallion from the Oracle, then it defeats the purpose of that whole section of the mod, because, by all rights, if you have the Godspeak Medallion, you shouldn't have to go and find Solagicove, you should be able to just touch the sapphire on the GM, and *poof* there's Solagicove. The purpose of the GM was not to allow you to skip half the mod, it was to allow you to get to the secret ending of the mod. In the next demo release, I will replace the GM with some other item that allows you to get to the secret ending, put does not have the plot hole that the GM has. The way you go about getting the secret item will be the same, though.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:02 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Alright, finally had time to play it.

The Mortanro boss fight was kinda ok. Pretty unmemorable, actually, as it was just three existing bosses strung end-to-end (and the first of the three felt absolutely lethargic in this rendition--can you make him a bit more active there?). I loved the "Mysterious Place" after Dragzlefire Fist, though. Absolutely bucketloads of fun. The core boss battle was a bit unexpected but ok; I'd complain about the fact that he's at the end of a long level but he's not actually too hard. His area is FAR too big though; the left side of the mountain was sort of unnecessary, and even just counting the area you fight him in, it's considerably larger than the area he was meant to be fought in so his attacks don't reach all the way. Most notably the lightning balls disappear after a certain distance, which you could very well be behind.

I loved the Enchanted Place, hard as it was. Man, I was scared to switch away from the bubbler for even a second the first time. It's possible to get trapped in the part with the floor that enemies and items fall through if your machinegun gets leveled down. Yes, again. That's what you get for making a level three weapon the only means of flight. At the end, though, is a ridiculously hard flying bit and then a ridiculously hard boss. The flying bit would be doable if you only had to make it once (as is only mercy invincibility from the enemies above made it tolerable, and that's cheating), and the boss would probably be a ton of fun if there was a save point right under it rather than two minutes of difficult flying away. Hint hint. Anyways, might wanna make some clear indicator that you are supposed to go left rather than down, as I originally tried to do.

The sisters were surprisingly tough. By which I mean keyboard-breaking tough. That's fine, they probably deserve to be. The worst part about the fight is that it's almost impossible to tell whether a pre-attacking dragon will enter the area where you can shoot him or not until it's too late. I haven't beaten them yet, but I did see the puzzle by going down before realizing you'd posted a patch that stopped that from happening.

The puzzle was very creative, and when I solved it it felt like solving rather than guessing. That said, I have absolutely no clue what clue 8 means--the two possibilities I originally assumed it to mean, that all multiples of three are false or that all numbers mentioned in (or which mention) 3 are false, cannot be correct, as they're both false and the solution has three other false clues. Was it a reference to 5? That does fit truth-table-wise. Either way, I would HIGHLY recommend changing that last clue to something more understandable.

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Brickman said:
(as is only mercy invincibility from the enemies above made it tolerable, and that's cheating),
How is invincibility cheating, that doesn't even make sense...

I'll play this soon myself, probably depending on whether or not the save I have still works properly in the new version. I think it should, it was the save at the top of Dragzeloid's Kitchen. Damnit I'm slacking...

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:06 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well I played the first demo through, and it wasn't bad. The graphics might have been a little better, but hey, that's way better than I could do. The story? What story? I liked the spells, though, so it made up for it. Good work!

Jan 25, 2009 at 10:03 PM
graters gonna grate
@Brickman:
Clue 8 was supposed to translate simply to "Clue 3 is false". For a better way to word it, how about this:

Finishing this sheet, clue eight I tell to you.
Clue three tells false deceit, but never what is true.

Brickman said:
The core boss battle was a bit unexpected but ok; I'd complain about the fact that he's at the end of a long level but he's not actually too hard. His area is FAR too big though; the left side of the mountain was sort of unnecessary, and even just counting the area you fight him in, it's considerably larger than the area he was meant to be fought in so his attacks don't reach all the way. Most notably the lightning balls disappear after a certain distance, which you could very well be behind.

This is partly due to the fact that in Cave Story, there are all those shutters and crap in the level where The Core is. Maybe I should make it so that part of the left side of the map is unused and is just blank space that you can't get to.

Were the Demon Parents really that hard? I didn't think so. What does everyone else think about them, difficulty-wise? I do think I'll make the flying part a little easier in the next release, though.

@realcsfan:
Why did you play the first demo? The most recent one is the sixth one, which has a lot more stuff (including story).

Jan 26, 2009 at 1:34 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oh.....
I played the first one, downloaded the second, but saw the beginning was the same, so I just thought it was all the same. I'll try it now.

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Been here way too long...
heh, I'm in somebody's signature!
I happy now!

but i not mean D=
i just no like bumpers!
=D

wagga wagga wagga!

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:22 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
realcsfan said:
Oh.....
I played the first one, downloaded the second, but saw the beginning was the same, so I just thought it was all the same. I'll try it now.

The way these things work is, someone makes a first demo, and it's short. They then add things to it and release it as a second demo, longer and with anything that was bad fixed or improved. They then release another demo that adds more stuff on to it, and etcetera. There's no reason to play previous demos, except in a few exceptional cases where something was broken in the most recent one.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah yes, The Wrath of Roflshkenahl. Well from what I've seen so far it doesn't seem like the spell/custom sprite/portrait graphics were upgraded at all, which really needs to be done imo. I'll play some more and see how it goes though.

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Time for some playin'.
SPOILERS
Starting from the beginning once again...
-New opening cutscene look very nice. Great use of background effects!
-A couple of dialogues in the near the beginning are missing full stops
-The golem fell through the floor after I killed him :<
-Aaand back to the infamous flame-repelling pink mountains! That didn't take as long as I thought it would...
-The blackness that surrounded the hole leading to Dragzeloid's Kitchen is gone, don't know if that was intentional or not.
-It'd be nice if you could decrease the number of homing beetles that chase you around, about ten seem to come out of nowhere at once. A lot of mods do this, I wish people would use them a bit more sparingly...
-I can go to the Underground Passage as well but I think I'll go back to D-zoid's Kitchen first, although honestly I've already forgotten why I need to go there in the first place >_>; This is as far as I'd gotten so now I'll get to see what's new.
-Block puzzle time! Followed by go-the-wrong-way-and-die maze time :D At least the giant hamburgers aren't as hard to kill as they look. The spike stairs can be skipped just by taking a big jump, as can half of the water pool.
-Holy crap, a dragon. Two dragons!!! The second fight is a pain in that tiny area, and it takes forever to reach it. Maybe you could remove the missile-Balrog down there, since that fight's already been done once and it's kinda strange to see it again. Plus it's annoying <_< Also, one of them flies straight through the wall when it comes at you... both ways o_O Thanks for changing it so that they only appear later on, that noise was unbearable.
-Stuff it, I'm gonna kill Monster X instead. Or Magma X, as the case may be... but then I get to Dragzelire Fist and they won't let me in ;_; Well, back to cookin'... There's also one jump in the Underground Passage that is impossible to clear, forcing you to take a hit. Again, dunno if that was intentional.
-It might just be me but I swear the kitchen's music has the same beat as the sound made when walking... it says the tempo is set to 200 in the .org file. Well, howzabout that...
-MASSIVE GLITCH DISCOVERY! If you kill Balrog/hamburger at the moment you're grabbed, your sprite disappears and you can't move, and you will only appear/gain movement again when something reverses this state (like getting grabbed and released again). It's also possible to get trapped in-between the multiple Balrogs, continually take damage, and then die multiple times. And for some blasted reason I can't even get back to the Dragon fight now... at least not without burning all of my Ghost ammo :/ I guess you can just avoid them but that seems riskier somehow...
-HECK YEAH I DID IT. And now I can take out my Rage on my foes as well! Apparently Rage comes in health capsules these days.
-Huh... if you go back up a ways you can make the hamburgers disappear altogether. Wish I'd found that out sooner >_> Yay for bug finding.
-They're not back up the top either, but if you save and reset then they appear again.
-This Rage weapon... I can see its main use is for boosting and not really rapid-fire, but maybe you could upgrade its damage a bit so that the lower levels are still usable? Because level 1 is pretty pathetic... does 4/5/6 sound okay? And/or maybe up level 3's exp capacity so it can take a couple of hits before conking out. Not by much, maybe 15 instead of 10, to take a 6-damage hit (nothing does 7 to my knowledge and 13 just looks silly).
-Argh, they STILL won't let me in... guess I gotta go to Mortanro's Castle. I made a copy of my Profile.dat in case that happened, but you might wanna put in some kind of indicator as to what is needed so that people don't go trudging back there by accident.
-When entering the door to Mortanro's Castle, you can still move around while the scene changes. Needs a <PRI methinks.
-This is another place that could afford to have enemies spawn only when you get closer to them... accursed popping noises...
-The first part of the castle is pretty brutal. The first two dragons can be killed with the Snake, but having them shoot through the blocks they're on means even trying to jump can get you wrecked... and you gotta jump. The black sparky things that shoot look cool though.
-Well, I'm stuck :/ I have no idea how I'm supposed to get up to the fourth block, it's waaay out of Rage range and there doesn't appear to be anything else to jump onto. Help? D:

New content is good so far, but the difficulty curve is pretty steep. The updated graphics are nice, especially the dragon and the opening scene. But, maybe instead of having the main character look ambiguous you could provide two Face.pbm files for a guy and a girl, or ask it as a question first thing in the game and then set a flag to run the dialogue with the appropriate piccie. The music is grand, and the story seems to be coming along nicely. Guess I can't say much more for the time being...
*Looks up*
Hahaha wow, maybe it's a good thing I didn't get any further. Oh and if you're wondering, yes I can spell the Wrath of Radishcandles properly, but now I feel like I'd be breaking tradition :(

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM
graters gonna grate
DoubleThink said:
-A couple of dialogues in the near the beginning are missing full stops
wut? could you be more specific?

DoubleThink said:
-The golem fell through the floor after I killed him :<
I experienced that bug once before, I asked for help and nobody seemed able to fix it, so I'll ask again: anyone know how to fix this??

DoubleThink said:
-The blackness that surrounded the hole leading to Dragzeloid's Kitchen is gone, don't know if that was intentional or not.
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure I didn't change the graphics for that area.

DoubleThink said:
-It'd be nice if you could decrease the number of homing beetles that chase you around, about ten seem to come out of nowhere at once. A lot of mods do this, I wish people would use them a bit more sparingly...
True, I'll add that to my list of things to change for next release.

DoubleThink said:
-Stuff it, I'm gonna kill Monster X instead. Or Magma X, as the case may be... but then I get to Dragzelire Fist and they won't let me in ;_; Well, back to cookin'... There's also one jump in the Underground Passage that is impossible to clear, forcing you to take a hit. Again, dunno if that was intentional.
I'm assuming the player has the Rage by the time they get there, so that's like a penalty for not getting the Rage first.

DoubleThink said:
-It might just be me but I swear the kitchen's music has the same beat as the sound made when walking... it says the tempo is set to 200 in the .org file. Well, howzabout that...
Interesting, wasn't intentional, but interesting nonetheless.

DoubleThink said:
-MASSIVE GLITCH DISCOVERY! If you kill Balrog/hamburger at the moment you're grabbed, your sprite disappears and you can't move, and you will only appear/gain movement again when something reverses this state (like getting grabbed and released again). It's also possible to get trapped in-between the multiple Balrogs, continually take damage, and then die multiple times. And for some blasted reason I can't even get back to the Dragon fight now... at least not without burning all of my Ghost ammo :/ I guess you can just avoid them but that seems riskier somehow...
That, unfortunately is one of those bugs like the Golem one that I have no idea how to fix, but it happens so rarely, it's not that big of a deal.

DoubleThink;44072-Huh... if you go back up a ways you can make the hamburgers disappear altogether. Wish I'd found that out sooner >_> Yay for bug finding.[/QUOTE said:
Not a bug, that was intentional. I'm taking pity on you :D

DoubleThink said:
-They're not back up the top either, but if you save and reset then they appear again.
More taking pity.

DoubleThink said:
-This Rage weapon... I can see its main use is for boosting and not really rapid-fire, but maybe you could upgrade its damage a bit so that the lower levels are still usable? Because level 1 is pretty pathetic... does 4/5/6 sound okay? And/or maybe up level 3's exp capacity so it can take a couple of hits before conking out. Not by much, maybe 15 instead of 10, to take a 6-damage hit (nothing does 7 to my knowledge and 13 just looks silly).
Meh, I like the challenge of having to level up a pathetic weapon, so I think I'll leave that the way it is. I might change the max experience, though.

DoubleThink said:
-Argh, they STILL won't let me in... guess I gotta go to Mortanro's Castle. I made a copy of my Profile.dat in case that happened, but you might wanna put in some kind of indicator as to what is needed so that people don't go trudging back there by accident.
Added to to-do list.

DoubleThink said:
-When entering the door to Mortanro's Castle, you can still move around while the scene changes. Needs a <PRI methinks.
I thought I already put a <KEY in? I'll double check that.

DoubleThink said:
-The first part of the castle is pretty brutal. The first two dragons can be killed with the Snake, but having them shoot through the blocks they're on means even trying to jump can get you wrecked... and you gotta jump. The black sparky things that shoot look cool though.
-Well, I'm stuck :/ I have no idea how I'm supposed to get up to the fourth block, it's waaay out of Rage range and there doesn't appear to be anything else to jump onto. Help? D:
This issue has already been addressed. You have to hold the jump key while you're flying. Don't hold the shoot key down, just press it repeatedly, lest you run out of mana. On some computers, you can't hold down, jump, and shoot at the same to which makes Mortanro's Castle/Land of Enchantment almost impossible, so I'm going to put an option at the beginning to make those levels easier for those who have computers like that.

DoubleThink said:
Maybe instead of having the main character look ambiguous you could provide two Face.pbm files for a guy and a girl, or ask it as a question first thing in the game and then set a flag to run the dialogue with the appropriate piccie.
Meh, that sounds like too much work xP. I'm not that good at making facepics anyway. If anyone else wants to make a main char facepic, I'd be happy to use it and mention you in the opening credits. I don't really care if it's masculine, feminine, or ambiguous, as long as it fits with the sprite.

DoubleThink said:
*Looks up*
Hahaha wow, maybe it's a good thing I didn't get any further. Oh and if you're wondering, yes I can spell the Wrath of Radishcandles properly, but now I feel like I'd be breaking tradition :(
Lmao, my new sig wasn't really a complaint, it was just a subtle way to plug my mod. The misspellings don't really bother me that much. I'll probably change my sig back to the wedge of cheese in java class fairly soon.

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
wedge of cheese said:
wut? could you be more specific?
Some of the dialogues are missing full stops at the end of the sentence. Like this

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure I didn't change the graphics for that area.
The charred area of the ground used to be black, but now it's see-through. Maybe you re-coloured it to the default background colour by accident?

Meh, I like the challenge of having to level up a pathetic weapon, so I think I'll leave that the way it is. I might change the max experience, though.
Actually now that I'm playing with it it's not that bad at all. Never mind >_>

This issue has already been addressed. You have to hold the jump key while you're flying. Don't hold the shoot key down, just press it repeatedly, lest you run out of mana.
Holy colanders you can do that!? I mean, it was like this in the original Cave Story? You can maintain a jump off the momentum of your own bullets? PHYSIIIIIIIIIIIIICS
Maybe you could also mention somewhere in-game how to use it so that people like me don't get confused ._.

Well now that I've got that worked out, time for some more
SPOILOLS
-Now I can get past here (thanks), the first part of the castle is pretty easy. The Ghost wrecks most of those things effortlessly without even needing to get near them. Maybe make the platform gaps wider so that they're out of its range?
-When jumping up to the Tower, again you still move while the scene changes.
-Argh... this part is pretty unforgiving. You could keep the same challenge but remove some of the tedium by moving the saving altar up to that ledge near the top of the castle, or maybe put in a one-square rest point before the harder part of the Tower, because my hand is starting to cramp up by the end of it >_> It didn't take me too many tries, but I don't wanna think how hard things are gonna get later on :(
-Mortanro looks freaky o_O He ain't that tough though. Maybe you could add some obstacles into the arena to mix things up a bit.
-If you lose your level 3 Rage in the Mortanro fight, then it's impossible to get back down, and you can't just jump for it either. Not a big issue, but it's still possible to get completely stuck.
-Since the Spirit Core is a mana spell, would it make sense for it to have limited mana? Because it's pretty powerful as an unlimited weapon. Makes mincemeat of everything in the Underground Passage, and at level 3 it kind of replaces the Guardian Spirits as an unlimited protective weapon. With that and Rage, I predict the Magma X fight would be a lot easier, and it was already easier than both the Tower and the Kitchen. Not that I'm complaining, mind <_<
-Oh well you can trade it anyway. Think I'll stick with it for now though.
-One of the D-Fist guys is missing a ? at the end of his sentence.
-In the Mysterious Place, the archers are facing the wrong way when you approach them, so they don't shoot at you.
-The Titan of Thunder looks pretty nifty, though the pink mountain looks a but out of place :p
-Augh, another area that really needs enemies to appear only when you get near them. Do there really need to be that many as well? Half the enemies are redundant due to invincibility time. The place looks nice and I like the music a lot... but I can barely hear it at some points :(
-I'm not sure what the point of the blocks in the first area is, when it's possible and in fact preferable to just head along the ground. It's also a noise-filled pain getting back there if your Rage spell is de-levelled.
-The dragons turn into Gaudis when they die >_>
-Well crap, looking back through the thread it turns out I wasn't meant to get to the Land of Enchantment puzzle until later. No boss fight 4 me...
-The riddle there is simple enough after some thought, but it's nice to have a mod with riddles not called Jenka's Nightmare :rolleyes:

Aaand now I'm stuck, and I don't really feel like going back and doing Mortanro's Castle again just to do one fight :x If you have a save file there with the Spirit Core, then I'd like to ask for it; if not, then could you please add in a small scripted object that will teleport me back to the previous save point if I use it? I can wait for the next release, but I'll still be stuck in the puzzle area with this save file. In the meantime, this mod is reaching an impressive size, certainly much larger than I ever thought it would get after the short amount of time it took to reach Dragzeloid. The difficulty level is a bit all over the place, but the map designs are pretty good overall. New music is always a bonus, and you've got sick talent for someone your age. The story isn't bad either. Lookin' forward to the next update, and hopefully I can get onto playing it much sooner than I did this time :)

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM
graters gonna grate
DoubleThink said:
Some of the dialogues are missing full stops at the end of the sentence. Like this
Oh, you mean they're missing punctuation at sentence end? Ok, to-do listed.

DoubleThink said:
The charred area of the ground used to be black, but now it's see-through. Maybe you re-coloured it to the default background colour by accident?
Lolwut? That wasn't intentional! I'll have to double-check that.

DoubleThink said:
-When jumping up to the Tower, again you still move while the scene changes.
Meh, I might change that, might not. Right now, I'm using <KEY at all scene changes rather than <PRI (It also looks weird if the rest of the level randomly freezes as you change scene.

DoubleThink said:
-Argh... this part is pretty unforgiving. You could keep the same challenge but remove some of the tedium by moving the saving altar up to that ledge near the top of the castle, or maybe put in a one-square rest point before the harder part of the Tower, because my hand is starting to cramp up by the end of it >_> It didn't take me too many tries, but I don't wanna think how hard things are gonna get later on :)
Out of curiosity, is your computer one of the screwey ones that doesn't let you hold all three keys at once? If so, don't worry, the tower will change if you select screwey computer mode in the next release. If not, I'll consider changing it depending on what others say. I personally don't find it all that difficult, but maybe that's just me.

DoubleThink said:
-Mortanro looks freaky o_O He ain't that tough though. Maybe you could add some obstacles into the arena to mix things up a bit.
You're not the first to say this, so I think I will make him a little harder. At the very least, I will increase the HP of his second form, because right now, you usually kill him so fast that he doesn't even have a chance to do his hover-and-let-the-balls-fly (yes, I'm aware of how perverted that sounded) attack.

DoubleThink said:
-If you lose your level 3 Rage in the Mortanro fight, then it's impossible to get back down, and you can't just jump for it either. Not a big issue, but it's still possible to get completely stuck.
Oh, snap, thanks for pointing that out. My first thought was to put an energy capsule there, but then you could just farm your spirit core up to level three before you even have to face any enemies. I think what I'll do is put an alternate path to return to the main part of the castle which forces you to touch two -10 spikes, and if you don't have the level 3 Rage, you are forced to take that path as a penalty.

DoubleThink said:
-Since the Spirit Core is a mana spell, would it make sense for it to have limited mana? Because it's pretty powerful as an unlimited weapon. Makes mincemeat of everything in the Underground Passage, and at level 3 it kind of replaces the Guardian Spirits as an unlimited protective weapon. With that and Rage, I predict the Magma X fight would be a lot easier, and it was already easier than both the Tower and the Kitchen. Not that I'm complaining, mind <_<
-Oh well you can trade it anyway. Think I'll stick with it for now though.
It does make sense for it do be unlimited, because the Spiritual Talisman provides unlimited spiritual mana. In my original 3d RPG, the way magic works is that you have nine types of mana (air, water, earth, fire, god, death, life, speed, body). You have a limited amount of each, and there are various talismans that you can collect which provide you with an unlimited amount of mana in of one or more types. But then Mortanro discovered that there was actually a tenth type of mana called "spiritual mana", and that your starting amount of spiritual mana is zero (hence it went undiscovered for so long). This means that the only way to cast spells that use spiritual mana is to have a talisman that provides it.
Anyway, making the Spirit Core less powerful is a good idea. I appreciate any feedback on spell power. It is important for the spells in this mod to be balanced because, later, you have to choose one of the spells to give up. If the spells aren't balanced, then that won't be much of a choice.
I think I'm going to remove the alternative "Spirit Vortex" (Nemesis) spell completely. The DFist guy's dialogue will be replaced with some of what Solagicove tells you after you solve the rock puzzle (her dialogue is far too long right now, so it would be good to break it up a bit).

DoubleThink said:
-The Titan of Thunder looks pretty nifty, though the pink mountain looks a but out of place :rolleyes:
I'm probably going to redo that map anyway.

DoubleThink said:
-Augh, another area that really needs enemies to appear only when you get near them. Do there really need to be that many as well? Half the enemies are redundant due to invincibility time. The place looks nice and I like the music a lot... but I can barely hear it at some points :p
To-do listed

DoubleThink said:
-I'm not sure what the point of the blocks in the first area is, when it's possible and in fact preferable to just head along the ground. It's also a noise-filled pain getting back there if your Rage spell is de-levelled.
Huh? What blocks?

DoubleThink said:
Aaand now I'm stuck, and I don't really feel like going back and doing Mortanro's Castle again just to do one fight :x If you have a save file there with the Spirit Core, then I'd like to ask for it; if not, then could you please add in a small scripted object that will teleport me back to the previous save point if I use it? I can wait for the next release, but I'll still be stuck in the puzzle area with this save file.
I don't have a save file, but you can edit the script. In the script for map number 13, right after #3001, before the <DNP3001, put "<TRA0051:3000:0010:0017". That will take you to right before the boss fight.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
wedge of cheese said:
Out of curiosity, is your computer one of the screwey ones that doesn't let you hold all three keys at once? If so, don't worry, the tower will change if you select screwey computer mode in the next release. If not, I'll consider changing it depending on what others say. I personally don't find it all that difficult, but maybe that's just me.
No no no, my comp is fine in that regard. Like I said it wasn't that hard once I got the hang of it, but climbing all the way back up each time was a bit tedious. Moving the save point up would technically balance by making the first part of the castle a big tougher at the same time, but it's up to you. Usually it's not too hard if I can manage it >_>;

[quote name=']Oh' date=' snap, thanks for pointing that out. My first thought was to put an energy capsule there, but then you could just farm your spirit core up to level three before you even have to face any enemies. I think what I'll do is put an alternate path to return to the main part of the castle which forces you to touch two -10 spikes, and if you don't have the level 3 Rage, you are forced to take that path as a penalty.[/QUOTE']A good idea, but you also need to take into account that some people might wanna do a min HP run, and this would make that impossible. It's probably easier just to put a sign up warning people not to use Rage in the fight.

Huh? What blocks?
In the first part of the first area of the LoE, there are a number of large 2x2 blocks above and a flat path below. There's no point in jumping across the blocks because it's easier to just head beneath them, so I have to wonder what their purpose is other than to maybe block enemy projectiles and provide some cover.

[quote name=']I don't have a save file' date=' but you can edit the script. In the script for map number 13, right after #3001, before the <DNP3001, put "<TRA0051:3000:0010:0017". That will take you to right before the boss fight.[/QUOTE']Er, I would do it myself but I seem to remember something about not being able to use Sue's Workshop after editing in new music or something. If I can then that's cool.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Remove the nemesis? Why? It's fun and I like it. Then again, this mod does have a thing going with each weapon fulfilling a "niche", and it doesn't really do that and certainly doesn't fill the same one as the blade.

Also, I can confirm that you can't edit this thing in Sue's workshop, as I tried to do so before he added that altar inbetween parts one and two of the castle and failed.

You said you wanted to "punish" people who killed Magma X too early. Why? First of all, there's not nearly enough indication of what is the right or wrong order for completing parts of this game, even though there is a specific order you have to do it (desert, then kitchen, then castle, then go to D Fist), so punishing people for guessing wrong seems silly unless you specifically put a sign in warning them not to do this part yet. Second, having to fight Monster X with crappy weapons rather than the knife and a machinegun edit is implicit punishment, and is all the punishment you should need. Third, why punish the player for doing something difficult and impressive? And anyways, making rooms where it's impossible not to take damage looks sloppy.