Apr 26, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Wtf? You pervs...

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:59 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
X-Calibar said:
Looks like pants.. oh and a good shot of her staff too..!
Oh and I like the bat lol
Okay, thanks.

X-Calibar said:
Then soon as that dialog box goes away, you become uninvincible and she uses her staff on your head for that lightning attack that she only uses on King... *You have Died* :o
Isn't that the same attack Ballos uses on you?

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Isn't that the same attack Ballos uses on you?
Oh yeah lol Those lightning targeting the ground attacks [I've died to them more than once lol]... Those are cool... I wonder if it's possible to have those strike the ground randomly in an outside map... lol

Also I wonder why Misery didn't use that attack on Quote though... I feel like Misery didn't go all out on Quote... Maybe she just did as much as she had to? I mean when the Doctor died the first time, she was ready to disown him :o "You're not dead yet!?" Oh didn't she use the lightning attack on the Doctor's redmist then? Hmm...

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM
In front of a computer
...Okay, I'm going to pretend that Jacob did not post above.

X-Calibar said:
Also I wonder why Misery didn't use that attack on Quote though... I feel like Misery didn't go all out on Quote... Maybe she just did as much as she had to? I mean when the Doctor died the first time, she was ready to disown him :o "You're not dead yet!?" Oh didn't she use the lightning attack on the Doctor's redmist then? Hmm...
This is a good point – but the attack on the Doctor's red mist was a white version of the circular things she throws at you, if I recall correctly. Still, one wonders why she did not use the lightning strike attack.

Apr 27, 2008 at 5:37 AM
Indie game enthusiast
JacobX891 said:
She used inverted lightning, a more powerful version of her regular lightning. She did not need to use this on King because Mimigas are weak as hell. For example, with one shot from the level one polar star [equal to the level one bubbler and level 3 nemmy] you can render Toroko almost unconscious at the beginning of the game. With one shot from any level of super missile, you could pretty much disintegrate them.
You're making the same kind of assumption that Balrog and Misery made about Quote. They misjudged him...
Choosing Toroko as your example of how strong Mimigas can be, is like choosing one of those blue robots that get blown up by the Gaudis...

King defeated Balrog with a single hit with the blade... that's better than Quote could do. If King was a boss I'd imagine he'd have at least as much health as the first or second Balrog battle...
Put it this way... Arthur the prize Mimiga was able to defeat the Red Demon or at least beat him enough.

Other game example : Baldur's Gate ... If I decide to attack a human peasant, I can frag them super easy lol But if I try to take on a fighter, it's not quite as easy...

Inverted Lightning? :o

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:38 PM
In front of a computer
JacobX891 said:
She used inverted lightning, a more powerful version of her regular lightning. She did not need to use this on King because Mimigas are weak as hell. For example, with one shot from the level one polar star [equal to the level one bubbler and level 3 nemmy] you can render Toroko almost unconscious at the beginning of the game. With one shot from any level of super missile, you could pretty much disintegrate them.
What on earth is this "inverted lightning" you speak of?

X-Calibar said:
Arthur the prize Mimiga was able to defeat the Red Demon or at least beat him enough.
Who is this Red Demon you speak of? Does he appear in the game or is he just mentioned?

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:37 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Celtic Minstrel said:
Who is this Red Demon you speak of? Does he appear in the game or is he just mentioned?
http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/bosses.php
p24857-0-reddemon.gif

The Red Demon

He must be one and the same that Arthur fought... I don't remember what the ending credits say for him though~

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:16 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
"True heroes meet the
Red Demon"

Apr 28, 2008 at 6:59 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
What on earth is this "inverted lightning" you speak of?

Well, remember those three black balls she fires in the air that move slowly but crash down on you as lightning if you stand under em? Yeah, those ones.

Red Demon is the Boss you fight in the Hidden Cave.

And yeah, it's:
Ture heroes meet the
-Red Demon [Insert pic here]

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:44 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apr 30, 2008 at 1:48 AM
In front of a computer
X-Calibar said:
He must be one and the same that Arthur fought... I don't remember what the ending credits say for him though~
But how do you know it's the same one?

Roonil Wazlib said:
Well, remember those three black balls she fires in the air that move slowly but crash down on you as lightning if you stand under em? Yeah, those ones.
Yes, she uses a white version of that against the Red Mist, I belive... but I wouldn't call it lightning...

JacobX891 said:
I think it was named that in one of the threads linked to in andwhy's sig.
I have signatures blocked because several people have ridiculously long ones, and I kept thinking it was part of the post. But of course I can still see the signature if I check your profile. I'll go look at that thread...

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:04 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Just for that, I'm going to go and find a ridiculously long sig image.

Maybe that one Longcat image...

May 1, 2008 at 1:24 AM
Hoxtilicious
Celtic Minstrel said:
I have signatures blocked because several people have ridiculously long ones

2nded.

I saw too big animated images in signatures in this forums, who are totally uneeded.

May 1, 2008 at 8:06 PM
/end
Off-topicness rules the lands here doesn't it? From what color is Misery's hair, to looking up her skirt, to what kind of attack Misery uses, to the King's attack and defence, and now to people's siggys.

May 1, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Respwnt
MetaSeraphim said:
Off-topicness rules the lands here doesn't it? From what color is Misery's hair, to looking up her skirt, to what kind of attack Misery uses, to the King's attack and defence, and now to people's siggys.
SP tends to go hyper everytime someone says that, so I'll just pretend you didn't post. :/

Besides, they're all related subjects except for the siggies, which cropped up from nowhere. :|

May 1, 2008 at 8:11 PM
/end
Since she is a witch and all I always thought she could change the color of her hair whenever she wanted too.

May 1, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Respwnt
MetaSeraphim said:
Since she is a witch and all I always thought she could change the color of her hair whenever she wanted too.
She could, but it'll be a bit of a pain changing hair colour when you see that the supposedly dead Doctor was, in fact, alive.

May 1, 2008 at 8:56 PM
/end
Then the only answer that it could be is that she has mood hair and it changes by itself.