Misery Story (abandoned :c)

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Well, I for one am sad to see this one go. Granted it needed a lot of work still, both in the parts yet to come and those already made... but we appeared to see eye to eye on what needed to be improved, so I was really looking forward to a future version that would fix these things.

However I do know what it is like to get stuck with a project that started as a fun hobby only for it to become a tiresome chore, so I understand and respect your decision.

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Had to be done, but now this mini-avatar-meme thing we had going is now irrelevent. Was fun while it lasted.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No shame in cutting a mod bro, if you're confident that a different project would be not only more fun to make, but more fun to play, then by all means go ahead.

If you're not enjoying making, then odds are that we won't enjoy playing it.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Professional Whatever
Thanks guys.

It would be a pain, though, for people who really liked this mod. I always kinda disliked shmitz for abandoning his mod without telling anyone, but it seems like I kind of did the same thing. So, I'm sorry guys, I'll try harder for my next mod.

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
It would be a pain, though, for people who really liked this mod. I always kinda disliked shmitz for abandoning his mod without telling anyone, but it seems like I kind of did the same thing. So, I'm sorry guys, I'll try harder for my next mod.

Except for that whole "without telling anyone" part.

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
great mod,not too challenging and not too easy. it took a couple tries to get beta but i winned XD

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Oh well. You did the right thing. =)

Attachments

• CSTSF reaction.png
    CSTSF reaction.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 50
Jan 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know this mod has been abandoned, but can I still download the latest (yet incomplete) version? The link provided in the OP doesn't work.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Professional Whatever
Unnamed said:
I know this mod has been abandoned, but can I still download the latest (yet incomplete) version? The link provided in the OP doesn't work.
Damn, I'm an idiot. Apparently not only did I delete my copy from my USB, but I also took it down from the file sharing site.

So in answer to your question, unless someone else can upload their copy, I'm afraid not.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Based Member
The latest I have on my hard drive is version 0.3b.
I would assume not much changed between 0.3b and 0.3d.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:57 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It was in the Sandzone, first time entering Jenka's house. I've remembered almost every script in the game...

Update: Late...

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've tried it, but I have some problems...

Where can I configure controls? Having X and Z are really inconvenient for me, especially since Z and Y are swapped up on Hungarian keyboards (so my keyboard is actually "QWERTZ", not "QWERTY"), so X and Z are not next to each other.

I'm using Linux, and this is a Windows executable... which I can run with Wine, but it seems pretty slow, the music isn't playing smoothly. Is there a chance that I could run the mod with the Cave Story+ engine or get an other Linux native executable?

Anyway, why is Misery's eyes blue and not red? :)

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
In regards to your first question, you can't change the control scheme of Cave Story mods. I'd suggest switching your keyboard layout to American English if you can. As for your second question, at the moment it is likely not possible to pull off either of those things. IIRC, MagicDoors used ASM hacks in this mod, meaning it can't be ported or used in CS+. Coupled with that, there is currently no way to port Cave Story mods to Linux. Although if I'm incorrect about MagicDoors' use of ASM hacks, I could probably make a patcher to install it to CS+.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
By moding-Hacking, actually you CAN change the control scheme.

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Can you just put this back up, please?

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The link doesn't work! Can you give me another one please?