Lowell's Rant over the Cave Story Whiners

May 21, 2009 at 2:31 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm enthusiastic about the game, yet I'm trying my best to be patient with the development team, the reason why I am still patient because the time they're taking is reasonable.

May 21, 2009 at 2:34 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The game will come out when Pixel and the development team think it's ready. Distract yourself with other things until then. I could link you to a few enjoyable freeware games.

May 21, 2009 at 2:47 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Captain Fabulous said:
The game will come out when Pixel and the development team think it's ready. Distract yourself with other things until then. I could link you to a few enjoyable freeware games.
Exactly! There are plenty of things to do, such as play other games. Right now I'm challenging myself at Cave Story.
JacobX891 said:
Some people are patient. Some aren't. Don't go around looking for fights with people who aren't patient.

It's a way to pass the time.

May 21, 2009 at 3:01 AM
Not if you take only to mild levels, besides, if any of the users that Void mentioned come to this forum and post in this thread to debate, then I would not flame or troll them, I would debate with them. And a debate would also be a fight, yet there would be no form of trolling in the debate if it was taken reasonably.

May 21, 2009 at 3:56 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Jeeze...

I don't think it's so much that I'm impatience with the impatient people, it's that I'm just so angry at them being impatient about something that they probably don't understand, or else they'd know to be quiet and wait. Patronizing the developers does not magically make it come out faster >.>;
Or maybe it's because I've patiently waited years for this other awesome game to come out {And it's still not out yet...}, and these guys are exploding because this games been pushed back a few months.
Oh jeeze, I'm getting angry just thinking about this....
=/
Also, I don't think you could compare the 5 years Pixel took to make his game to this.
When he talked about when he developed it, it seemed to point to that only his friends and family even knew about the game's existent...

May 21, 2009 at 4:09 AM
What's this other awesome game? StarCraft II?

May 21, 2009 at 4:18 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Yeap.

Captain Fabulous said:
What's this other awesome game? StarCraft II?
Yeap.
And don't just count the time since they announced working on it.
You know how many fan versions of SCII were made, years before the announcement?
We've been dieing for it for over a decade, when the first one came out.....

May 21, 2009 at 4:26 AM
Well, at least it's not Duke Nukem Forever.
R.I.P. 1994 - 2009 FOREVER

May 21, 2009 at 6:07 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Dying. There...happy?

May 21, 2009 at 7:02 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
andwhyisit said:

At least it's not as bad as the your-you're and their-they're problem.

Even if they seem so pushy, ignorant, whatever you may call those impatient fans, at least they are apparently excited or happy that the game is coming. Maybe these people haven't faced the hard times with this sort of delay, or the fact that there is an updating blog spoils them so. But really, patience is a virtue. ><;

May 21, 2009 at 7:56 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hmm. This post prompted me to read some of the comments on the blog and for the most part, they aren't too bad. The cream rises to the top, but so does the scum. The idiots aren't prevalent enough that you can't ignore them, so why fuss over it? I didn't read all the comments, but it seemed like most of them were all praise.

May 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
=O!!

You defile this thread with your....numbers!
Begone, Lace!!
:)

I hope you're not surprised I spelled "Dying" wrong....:D
I have horrible spelling, but luckily this thing has a spell-checker, but it doesn't always get things right....{Because it's not a grammar checker, XD}

I don't think most of it's all praise, Dooey. Over half of the comments are all arguments, >.>;

And no, Kirby, not all of them are excited. Did you not read some of the comments?

From Deceased Crab: {I'm not targeting him, Jacob, but his comments pop to my mind first}
I was originally planning on grabbing this at release, but now I think I’ll just wait for reviews and recommendations to trickle in from other players.

...Doesn't sound very excited to me....
It looks like he's fully expected it to fail, and's just waiting to see if the reviews say different....

May 21, 2009 at 11:35 PM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
You defile this thread with your....numbers!
Begone, Lace!!
:)

I hope you're not surprised I spelled "Dying" wrong....:D
I have horrible spelling, but luckily this thing has a spell-checker, but it doesn't always get things right....{Because it's not a grammar checker, XD}

I don't think most of it's all praise, Dooey. Over half of the comments are all arguments, >.>;

And no, Kirby, not all of them are excited. Did you not read some of the comments?

From Deceased Crab: {I'm not targeting him, Jacob, but his comments pop to my mind first}
I was originally planning on grabbing this at release, but now I think I’ll just wait for reviews and recommendations to trickle in from other players.

...Doesn't sound very excited to me....
It looks like he's fully expected it to fail, and's just waiting to see if the reviews say different....

In a slight defense of that comment, I wouldn't just rush to buy the game right off the bat, I mean I'm sure plenty of the new stuff in it will be awesome but since they're keeping that stuff a secret I would rather know what they have, but of course if they do announce the extra stuff before the release it looks awesome, I'll be all over it on the release date.

May 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
D=?

rust45 said:
In a slight defense of that comment, I wouldn't just rush to buy the game right off the bat, I mean I'm sure plenty of the new stuff in it will be awesome but since they're keeping that stuff a secret I would rather know what they have, but of course if they do announce the extra stuff before the release it looks awesome, I'll be all over it on the release date.
Even if they haven't told us what it is, there still be will new content....
And what I've seen so far looks good enough for the few dollars it costs!
Do you think Pixel would let us down on the Remake of his most awesome game?
Doubts.....

May 22, 2009 at 12:31 AM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Even if they haven't told us what it is, there still be will new content....
And what I've seen so far looks good enough for the few dollars it costs!
Do you think Pixel would let us down on the Remake of his most awesome game?
Doubts.....
I'm just saying that the new content may not be that great, I expect that Pixel
is going to give his all I'm just saying that there may be disappointment. But after looking around the blog a tad more, it looks like I may just get it for the revamped graphics and music. And then even more for new content that will most likely be great.

May 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM
"Huzzah!"
and i said i did a LP on a cs mod whoptiy freakin do LOL

May 22, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh?

....I don't get it....

May 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Jake is criticising odin's awful grammar.

May 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh..

T-Jack said:
Jake is criticising odin's awful grammar.
...That's it?
Was hoping for some other hidden meaning...
:D