Lowell's Rant over the Cave Story Whiners

May 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm warning you, this is just a rant. It's all mostly to blow off steam, so I'm not going to be surprised when it's deleted/moved. But..

...Has anyone seen those DAMNED whiners on the Cave Story Blog?
The latest bit of news Tyrone released was a 12 second video of the new Sand Zone, and now it's got over 120 posts, and over 2/3 of them are either arguments, complaints, or just overall put downs directed towards the team.
Here, let me show you some examples:

Deceased Crab Says:
May 14th, 2009 at 9:40 am I know for a fact they’ve been working on this since at least Mid-July of last year, I knew this game was coming a little sooner than most.
Accessibility to developers actually makes you more responsible for producing results, rather than less. You can’t tease the players frequently with video after video and have nothing new to show for it as far as playability goes.
Tease? How many other damned companies even HAVE blogs that give their fans updates? The gall of this dood...!
He even calls himself "A true fan" because he made some Let's Play videos of Cave Story. Whoopity-Freakin'-Doo.
Fan my ass.

InsomniacOvrLrd Says:
May 13th, 2009 at 9:28 pm Total agreement with Deceased Crab
I’m into this game so much that I’ve drawn fanart, forced tons of people to play it, and even forced myself through a minimal items;3HP run of the entire game (minus sacred grounds)
I’m a huge fan of this game. But the utter lack of any real Visible progress or content from the wiiware version is outright sickening. I know it’s not a ‘copy paste’ job, but a year is way longer than it should take to up-res and compose some off-feeling music for a game which is not that complicated, when it comes down to it.
The fans don’t want to lap up tiny scraps, put together an actual teaser trailer, showcasing the game in some kind of interesting light. This isn’t like The Behemoth’s Alien hominid or even N+ on XBLA. This is simply a reskinning of an existing title onto another platform.
Please be more forthcoming, or we’re not buying.
{This guy kinda gets under my skin because of how he gloats about being a real fan, which, he obviously ISN'T}
Re-skinning!?! Lack of Visable Progress? Copy and Paste Job?

This is what makes me SOOO freakin' pissed! Not only did Tyrone state that there would be new content, but there would be DLC after the release, too! That's more than a simple reskinning! And we don't want some crappy Copy-And-Paste job, we want an awesome remake! Not some rushed piece of crap!! Which is why it's taking so long!!
And Lack of Visable Progress? THERE'S A FREAKIN' BLOG!!! AND YOU'RE FREAKIN' POSTING ON IT!!!!

This is just a random moron who I found funny:
Cyn the Candy Wolf Says:
May 15th, 2009 at 5:50 pm
Lots of long comments that I’m too lazy to read.
XD
Why the hell did he post that?! He's just cluttering everything up and being a dumbass.

Perfect_Chaos Says:
May 15th, 2009 at 7:12 pm OK time to stop lurking. I’m getting sick of waiting. Why can’t this game be released this month? I’m starting to get mad because this keeps on getting delayed.
It's been delayed, what? A few months?
Try waiting several freakin' years for a game to come out!!!
I swear, these morons need to learn PATIENCE.

vaati000 Says:
May 16th, 2009 at 11:18 am I think DC has a point. I plan on buying the game; it looks nice, I loved Cave Story, and I can’t wait to play it. However, I think it’s a bit irritating that there’s no new content. While it’s great to have the updated everything, why not updated gameplay? Without any new substantial content, there’s no real reason to pay $10 for graphics and sound when you can get the same gameplay on the PC.
{DC's short for DesceasedCrab, who's supposivly's big name, but I've never even heard of him.}
Again, apparantly no one read's ANYTHING anymore. They already stated that there'd be a lot of new content, damnit!
And, why isn't this worth 10 dollars? It's our chance to finally support Pixel, along with getting new graphics, new music, new content, and all of the old stuff! I'm pretty sure it's worth a few measly dollars, tightwad.

There's even more crap if you care to take a look at the Blog, just don't be like these retarded morons -.-"
And the reason I'm mostly saying all of this is because I can't really get into an argument with those guys on the Blog without starting a freakin' flame war. Tyrone and the others have enough crap, as it is....
And I'd rather tell everyone to not be a dumbass like these freakin' morons. Show some intelligence, have some patience, READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT!! At least half of the angry comments are repeats of the others because either:
A. The morons can't read or refuse to
B. They're really arrogant and think it doesn't matter until THEY say it.
C. They just like being total fucking assholes.

Anyways, am I the only one getting so pissed about these DAMNED WHINERS?!
I mean, they make me so angry that I've created this entire thread in dedication to it!!! And I don't think anyone's seen me get so pissed before.

EDIT:
Whew, I feel better, now. :)

May 17, 2009 at 11:45 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I love you.

Ignorance is stupid. Very.

Why not just be patient? -.- Come on, Ocarina of Time was like...a long wait, but it was very satisfactory. Maybe tyrone might have to make a reassurance blog post?

Worst case scenario there would have to be comment moderation or disabling of those things...-_-

May 17, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Let's Play? Who cares.

JacobX891 said:
No. NO. NO, MOTHERFUCKER, YOU'VE JUST OPENED A CAN OF WORMS YOU DON'T WANNA DEAL WITH.
Deceased Crab is, frankly, more witty that you, and older than you, so just shut your uppity fucking mouth and stop being a goddamn bitch, bitch. Go kill yourself and fucking rot in hell.

Just take a look, if you're still gonna be a whiney motherfucker.
Like I said: Let's Plays? WHOOPTIY-FREAKIN'-DOO!
Anyone can do a LP. I know several people who do Let's Play. Hell, I'm close to doing one myself. It doesn't instantly make you a great fan. Dur.
And I have my doubts on that Witty part.
:)
Starrodkirby86 said:
I love you.

Ignorance is stupid. Very.

Why not just be patient? -.- Come on, Ocarina of Time was like...a long wait, but it was very satisfactory. Maybe tyrone might have to make a reassurance blog post?

Worst case scenario there would have to be comment moderation or disabling of those things...-_-
Are you telling me to be patient? XD Because most of this rant is directed towards people not being patient.
And, I too thought it'd be a great idea for Tyrone to just disable comments completely, but that'd probably be more of a bad thing than a good thing.
Notice he's only put like 2 or 3 comments on there? And only 1 attempt at stopping everyone?
Poor dood...

May 18, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Are you telling me to be patient? XD Because most of this rant is directed towards people not being patient.
And, I too thought it'd be a great idea for Tyrone to just disable comments completely, but that'd probably be more of a bad thing than a good thing.
Notice he's only put like 2 or 3 comments on there? And only 1 attempt at stopping everyone?
Poor dood...
I'm not telling you to be patient. :) I'm saying it as a mass...sorry, I have a habit of doing something like that. xD

Good grief, doing a "Let's Play" doesn't make one a fan. I can make a "Let's Play" of some game I haven't done yet, but does that qualify me as a fan? No, of course not. What does qualify a fan anyway...and a hardcore one at least? The quantity of merchandise, the collection of this, the sheer amount of playtime?

May 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Haha

JacobX891 said:
No. You cannot do it. It's an art. Then again, I wouldn't expect you to understand art.
Oh, you're calling it Art now?
Ahahaha. :D
So many things to be said about that, right there...
Doesn't take much skill to take a game, record it as you beat it, and add commentary....{Or add it as you go along, as in the case of GrayFawk's LPs. Should see him do Khan's crazy Gauntlet, hilarious XD}

Starrodkirby86 said:
I'm not telling you to be patient. :) I'm saying it as a mass...sorry, I have a habit of doing something like that. xD

Good grief, doing a "Let's Play" doesn't make one a fan. I can make a "Let's Play" of some game I haven't done yet, but does that qualify me as a fan? No, of course not. What does qualify a fan anyway...and a hardcore one at least? The quantity of merchandise, the collection of this, the sheer amount of playtime?
I didn't think you were, but I wanted to make sure. XD
And I completely agree with the Fan part =D
Deceased Crab comes off as arrogant to me, throwing the LP's around like it's instant proof he's a hard-core fan...

May 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM
/end
DC isn't that good. I like JM more myself.

May 18, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
JacobX891 said:
Well, DC is obviously a fan of Cave Story if he posted a comment on the blog.
Makes him a fan?
DOOD, did you read my examples?!

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Cyn the Candy Wolf Says:
May 15th, 2009 at 5:50 pm
Lots of long comments that I’m too lazy to read.
XD
Is he an instant fan, now? Because he decided to spam the comments page?
VoidMage_Lowell said:
vaati000 Says:
May 16th, 2009 at 11:18 am I think DC has a point. I plan on buying the game; it looks nice, I loved Cave Story, and I can’t wait to play it. However, I think it’s a bit irritating that there’s no new content. While it’s great to have the updated everything, why not updated gameplay? Without any new substantial content, there’s no real reason to pay $10 for graphics and sound when you can get the same gameplay on the PC.
Would a fan spit on the chance to support what he loved?

Maybe you should give us your definition of fan...

EDIT:
JacobX891 said:
YES IT FUCKING DOES! IT FUCKING DOES!
You need TALENT!!! Otherwise it's SHIT!!! IT IS!!!
Um, I really don't see how playing a game is considered art.
That's like turning something like "Having Dinner" into a sport.
:)

May 18, 2009 at 12:11 AM
/end
JacobX891 said:
JMan stopped being good. He hardly ever does anything anymore. But then again, what can you expect? He basically founded the Let's Play, but he couldn't go forever.

His IWBTG LP still hasn't gotten old for me. And his 3 HP CS run is good every once and a while.

May 18, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

JacobX891 said:
The second guy didn't spit on anything, you literalistic FAGGOT. He was just expressing his views on something he loved. If a fan of a certain football team says 'Man, they're doing awful this year, maybe they should change their playing style in this certain way,' is that spitting on it? NO. FUCK YOU, SIR. FUCK YOU.
He's saying that all the work Tyrone and the team have shown so far isn't worth a measly ten bucks!!
How much of a tightwad is this guy!?

I'd gladly give Pixel 10 50 bucks just for allowing me to play Cave Story.
Ser.

May 18, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

JacobX891 said:
Some people don't have money, you idiot.
I don't even have a job and I've got enough.
Is 10 dollars really that much?
No.
And if they somehow magically can't afford it, they have the free PC version to play.
>.>;

May 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Been here way too long...
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Oh, you're calling it Art now?
Ahahaha. :)
So many things to be said about that, right there...
Doesn't take much skill to take a game, record it as you beat it, and add commentary....

Yes, Lowell, you need talent. If some random nerd does a Let's Play, chances are their voice is going to sound terrible. If you're going to listen to someone say whatever pops into their head as they play a game, you want it to be a nice voice. Which is why I want Morgan Freeman to do Let's Play Super Mario Galaxy.

May 18, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh..

Captain Fabulous said:
Yes, Lowell, you need talent. If some random nerd does a Let's Play, chances are their voice is going to sound terrible. If you're going to listen to someone say whatever pops into their head as they play a game, you want it to be a nice voice. Which is why I want Morgan Freeman to do Let's Play Super Mario Galaxy.
Do you think it'd really take that much effort for someone to do a good LP? I see what you mean by voice, you wouldn't want someone constantly studdering or something, but when Jacob said that it required talent and that I couldn't even do it, he made it sound like you had to be born to LP.
The way I see it, LPs aren't really art.
But I guess we consider art different from one another.....
*Shrugs*
Point is, you're not an instant-awesome-fan for doing a simple LPs.

May 18, 2009 at 12:25 AM
Sure, LP's are art. Just not good art.

May 18, 2009 at 12:27 AM
I don't want to debate on the LPs, but it seems to me that making a good LP basically has the same traits as what making a good video overall is. It needs to have a nice quality and frame-rate, tolerable commentary at correct parts, and not terribad or annoying game skills (Well, moreover annoying, bad game skills are okay). It's not like there's any forced laws for it though.

Deceased Crab is a fan of Cave Story. Or maybe he was a fan. D: But perhaps all of it goes over his head too much and he may not enjoy the game anymore. >_>; Classifying is such a fickly thing. I mean, you don't want to get pissed about the game, you want to enjoy and be relaxed (Or whatever feeling that's good) from it, haha...

May 18, 2009 at 1:11 AM
Like commentators, for sports. They probably get paid a lot.

May 18, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
let's plays huh?
God.

Here is a excellent example why I hate them:
Let's Fucking Play with Nerd master loskey.
It's only a .wav though. It's not a video.

Apologies if I dislike them.
There is rarely any let's plays that have people that
have decent acting.

May 18, 2009 at 2:09 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

JacobX891 said:
DeceasedCrab. UltraJMan. ProtonJon. Mashuren. Look these names up on Youtube. It'll renew your faith, I'm sure.
Try GrayFawks and SpacePirateKhan, too ^.^

May 18, 2009 at 2:09 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Alright, ill take a look.

May 18, 2009 at 2:24 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Poorly disguised

JacobX891 said:
The first guy is decent.
Like you said, Eye of the Beholder, :D

May 18, 2009 at 6:39 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
VoidMage_Lowell said:

Deceased Crab Says:
May 14th, 2009 at 9:40 am I know for a fact they’ve been working on this since at least Mid-July of last year, I knew this game was coming a little sooner than most.
Accessibility to developers actually makes you more responsible for producing results, rather than less. You can’t tease the players frequently with video after video and have nothing new to show for it as far as playability goes.[/FONT]

To be honest, I agree with Lowell that this comment is disrespectful. Let tyrone take his time, I don't want a crap-ass cavestory released for the wii. They need to get it right if they're gonna get it done. And there have been plenty of other games that have been delayed drastically (like Duke Nukem Forever, which now appears to have been delayed forever, aka cancelled since 3D realms dissolved =( ). And I don't care how good Deceased Crab's videos are. I respect him since yes, he makes some wonderful Let's Play videos, but that doesn't mean you can't call him out when he makes a comment like this. I was rather dissappointed by his comment, I thought it was too rash. Be patient, deceased crab.