Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

No, access is not 0001 for the code. Seal chamber is 0000, so it's really screwed up.

What? Temptation? What are you talking about?

And actually just talking to misery sets the flag. That way if you go to outer wall before genesis: water, nothing goes wrong.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

if you look on the main site, i believe there's a spreadsheet with all the TSC commands, music codes, SFX codes, and a bunch of other stuff.
magic9mushroom said:
Also, a minor issue - when the Gaudska-teers appear, if you're facing left, you can only see three of them during the cutscene.
easily fixed with a TSC command, although i forget which one at the moment

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Professional Whatever
Malpercio said:
if you look on the main site, i believe there's a spreadsheet with all the TSC commands, music codes, SFX codes, and a bunch of other stuff.
Thanks, it's very helpful!

Malpercio said:
easily fixed with a TSC command, although i forget which one at the moment
<MYD0002
The thing is, I forgot to take out <PRI and replace it with <KEY, so the <MYD in there is useless.

EDIT: That's it, I'm getting rid of the bubbler. That thing is so ANNOYING!
Also, anyone know where the bullet data for the level2 and level3 Snake? I looked in the bullet.pbm, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Professional Whatever

Sorry for double post, but new demo version!
(It's only 0.5 with some bug fixes. Press the picture in my sig.)

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."

So the Autocharger's meant to come from that statue, I assume?

It just says "Nice job! Good luck finding the others.". It doesn't give me the Autocharger.

Also, some of the new dialogue after Genesis: Source runs off the screen and doesn't display properly. It should also probably be "extinguished", not "killed" in Curly's dialogue.

And wait, so you have to go to Genesis: Source before that flag is set? Meaning you have to do Genesis first?

That's just from my current save. I'm going to play 0.5.1 now.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Professional Whatever

magic9mushroom said:
So the Autocharger's meant to come from that statue, I assume?

It just says "Nice job! Good luck finding the others.". It doesn't give me the Autocharger.
What? You're not supposed to get that message until after you find the autocharger. Does it show the number thing first?

magic9mushroom said:
And wait, so you have to go to Genesis: Source before that flag is set? Meaning you have to do Genesis first?
Umm...which flag? You mean the misery-set flag? Because it's impossible to talk to misery and set the flag before going to genesis: source. If you mean talking to the statue: nothing happens if you talk to it. Nothing is set, you get nothing, it's just a message to say that you got the autocharger.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:27 AM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
What? You're not supposed to get that message until after you find the autocharger. Does it show the number thing first?

Yes. "From this point: 12,150". Not that I have any clue what that means.

It used to say that. It doesn't anymore. It says "Nice job! Good luck finding the others."

Meh, I'll play through again and see if anything different happens.

Umm...which flag? You mean the misery-set flag? Because it's impossible to talk to misery and set the flag before going to genesis: source.

Well, that kinda screws up Genesis and Oblivion being independent. Just saying.

If you mean talking to the statue: nothing happens if you talk to it. Nothing is set, you get nothing, it's just a message to say that you got the autocharger.

Hmm. That's odd that it changed, then, since I didn't find the autocharger, looking in both those places.

The flag from talking to Misery didn't affect anything that I could see on the Outer Wall route. Are you meant to go via Genesis: Sky?

EDIT: I see that you changed the Snake to the Maru. The ammo increases for it still say Snake, though.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:33 AM
Professional Whatever

Yeah, I didn't really think that oblivion and genesis were independent. I had no idea that's what shmitz intended.
If you guys don't mind, imma force ya to go to genesis: source first. Otherwise it screws with my plans.

And talking to misery after talking to curly after coming back from genesis does nothing to outer wall. It makes certain things happen at town hall. Once you talk to misery, go over to town hall and see what happens.

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:28 AM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
Yeah, I didn't really think that oblivion and genesis were independent. I had no idea that's what shmitz intended.

Well, I'm just going off the first post of the JN thread.

Shmitz said:
The task you will be faced with when you reach the end of the current content is to visit both Oblivion and Genesis, in the order of your choice.

If you guys don't mind, imma force ya to go to genesis: source first. Otherwise it screws with my plans.

Meh. It makes more sense if they're independent. That's just my take on it.

And talking to misery after talking to curly after coming back from genesis does nothing to outer wall. It makes certain things happen at town hall. Once you talk to misery, go over to town hall and see what happens.

Yeah, I know.
Everyone's gone, and a voice tells you to go to Oblivion.

But I went to Oblivion: Erosion (via the Outer Wall route, as I said) and didn't notice anything different. Meh, I'll try again.

EDIT: Played through to the Red Tower, which has no door at the top. I presume that's just the extent of how much you've finished. As you'll see below, I had to use my trick to get through the Presses in order to get there.

Sue - "Well this is good news at least" - Well, this is good news, at least.

Corespondence not fixed!

Fireball looks retarded.

Glitch at the end of Labyrinth W - in the spaces at the top you can jump up onto the roof of the level, results in fatal glitch like Waterway-Reservoir.

Booster: Give me one second to make make the changes - should only be one "make".

Waterway-Reservoir fixed.

Teleporting to Town Hall after Misery tells you about Outer Wall goes to Town Hall, not Town Hall?, forcing you to exit and re-enter. Curly says "Go check with Misery!" at that point. Incidentally, this allows you to magic them back at any time by going the long way round to the Labyrinth teleporter.

The teleporter to Oblivion fails (as Waterway-Reservoir).

Chest next to the door at the top of Chimney makes text noises and freezes the game.

Thanks for the credit.

Door at the top of Chimney still doesn't go anywhere.

There's still a decent chunk of the Egg Corridor that's unused. Putting an item there would be an idea.

Reaching the ID Card (if that's what's there at the moment) is impossible due to the Basil. Suggest putting a reflector so that it only goes to the start of the multi-Basil puzzle. Also suggest putting a save point at either the end of Egg Corridor or start of the Outer Wall.

Found the Autocharger. Leap of faith indeed.

You can get lipstick from Hasumi and run it to Gero a second time, and the dialogue is unchanged. Should I keep trying?

Chest containing Explosive still has the "full chest" sprite after being opened.

Door on Balcony still doesn't function.

"Oh well, later then" on the Balcony doesn't wait before shutting, so it's hard to read.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Professional Whatever

What are you talking about by correspondence network? I fixed it! I even double-checked it!
EDIT: okay, so most of these errors are an easy fix. I'll fix them ASAP.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
What are you talking about by correspondence network? I fixed it! I even double-checked it!
EDIT: okay, so most of these errors are an easy fix. I'll fix them ASAP.

Nope, still only one R.

Is the Pulse Core existent in 0.5.1?

Also, I presume the four pieces, which the Hermit won't tell you about, are still the Pulse Core, Autocharger, Focusing Lens, and Explosive?

Also, I took the Controller to him, but he didn't upgrade my missiles.

EDIT: Also, the pic in your sig won't load. You might want to check it.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Professional Whatever

Ah, I get it now. I thought you were talking about the misplaced "a" in correspondence.

Anyway, all of the pieces are in the game now (besides the fact that you can't get the
focusing lens because of basil, and the chest at the top freezes the game)
But, the pieces are actually:
pulse core, autocharger, focusing lens, and...um...wow. I honestly can't remember. I know it is not the fuel cell, the explosive, or anything else like that. The explosive you give to MALCO.

Yes, um, I didn't realize that it was the hermit that fooled with your stuff with the controller. I thought it was MALCO. I'll fix it.
And the pic in my sig just links to the first page of this thread. So just look at the first post.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:00 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
Ah, I get it now. I thought you were talking about the misplaced "a" in correspondence.

I was referring to both spelling errors.

Anyway, all of the pieces are in the game now (besides the fact that you can't get the
focusing lens because of basil, and the chest at the top freezes the game)

That chest IS supposed to contain the
Pulse Core,
right?

But, the pieces are actually:
pulse core, autocharger, focusing lens, and...um...wow. I honestly can't remember. I know it is not the fuel cell, the explosive, or anything else like that. The explosive you give to MALCO.

Huh?

But Malco buggers off after you give him the Map System, and I haven't seen him anywhere.

So there's a fourth piece, that the hermit never told you about?

Yes, um, I didn't realize that it was the hermit that fooled with your stuff with the controller. I thought it was MALCO. I'll fix it.

Yay!

And the pic in my sig just links to the first page of this thread. So just look at the first post.

Yeah, I knew it linked there, but I can't see the actual pic.

Meh.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Professional Whatever

That's weird, what happens with MALCO. In the code, he gives you something, of which I cannot remember. I'll see what I can do.

The chest does contain what you think.

And the sig error is weird. I can see it fine, and I'm on a blackberry.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
That's weird, what happens with MALCO. In the code, he gives you something, of which I cannot remember. I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, the Remote Control, when you give him the Map System.

The chest does contain what you think.

Ah.

And the sig error is weird. I can see it fine, and I'm on a blackberry.

Ah, figured it out. It's PeerBlock not liking the site.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Professional Whatever

magic9mushroom said:
Yeah, the Remote Control, when you give him the Map System.
Actually, I meant when you give him the explosive.
And where did you find the explosive, anyway?

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
Actually, I meant when you give him the explosive.

Huh?

But he vanishes after giving him the
Map System.

And where did you find the explosive, anyway?

Genesis: Sky, of course.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Professional Whatever

I know that, we talked about this.

And I forgot about the explosive being there. I think I'll move that chest back to grasstown, of course, if I put it where it was before, I'll fix genesis sky.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:45 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
I know that, we talked about this.

And I forgot about the explosive being there. I think I'll move that chest back to grasstown, of course, if I put it where it was before, I'll fix genesis sky.

You mean, behind the panel? That makes sense.

But then who are you supposed to give it to?

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Professional Whatever

magic9mushroom said:
You mean, behind the panel? That makes sense.
I meant under the pooh black boss fight, but that's a good idea.
magic9mushroom said:
But then who are you supposed to give it to?
I can edit stuff, ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.