Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
LunarSoul said:
Oh, doublethink. So silly. To be honest, I didn't even know he was a moderator...

Actually, Doubethink is the admin here.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Professional Whatever
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

Oh, seriously? Lol.
Also, 90th post. Congratulate me on my feeble attempt at fame.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."

One more thing - there are
two Focusing Lenses currently in existence - one in the Egg Corridor, and one in the room in Genesis: Earth (when reached via Genesis: Spirit)
. Didn't know if you knew.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Professional Whatever

Yeah, I should get rid of one.
Might I ask where in Genesis: Earth it is?

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
Yeah, I should get rid of one.
Might I ask where in Genesis: Earth it is?

I said "in the room". The save room with a picture of Malco in it. You access it with the Remote Control (it's behind a panel).

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Professional Whatever

Ah, thanks. I didn't notice that part in your last post. I'll get on it.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:39 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
Ah, thanks. I didn't notice that part in your last post. I'll get on it.

:momo:

Looking forward to it.

In the meantime...

Are there any more areas of Oblivion than Erosion and Moon so far released?

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Professional Whatever
New demo-version 0.5!
HINT: If you already got to outer wall, you should start the game over, else you won't be able to get to balcony.
Download version 0.5

EDIT: anyone have anything to say? Nothing? Sadness. >.<

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
(I just crossed into post 125. I got a sky dragon!)

I am just a messenger, here to report problems.

- The bottom door of the Mimiga Tower (outside, that is in Mimiga Village) still takes you to Outer Wall. You told me it was a testing purpose. Change the bottom door event no. to 0113.

- Construction Base, where you first enter and fight whatever it is (Pooh Black), check the script. In #0110 which was triggered by a H/V trigger entity, add '<KEY<' before 'WAI0060' and remove the unnecessary '<KEY' after.

- Genesis: Sky, once revisited after taking explosive, I see no door, but I can still go through it. To correct this, move the blank entity marked 0121 up one block and add 0x1000 (Option 2, this makes blank NPCs appear one block down). Add another entity below it, change it to 18 (Door), add 0x2000 (PC presses down to run script) and 0x0800 (appears once FlagID is set), and then set flagID (Entity ID) to 6989.

- Level 3 Bubbler still does 20 damage (released spike flying across, not floating bubble), making boss fights too easy. Revert to original or to the number desired. (If you want, you can leave it alone until you get to the final and complete version.)

- Suggestion: In Labyrinth W, the map is too wide to for the Map System to display. (You find the map system from a certain location and go through a hidden passage, and get the message that it doesn't work here!). Here is how to do it:
  • Remove <EQ+0002 within event #0200 and add <FL+#### (where # is whatever number that is not in use. Labyrinth W script)
  • Add that same <FL+#### and <EQ-0002 to all the #0090 events. (Labyrinth W script)
  • Add <FL-#### (the same number) and <EQ+0002 to all the #0100 events. (Labyrinth W script)
  • In ArmsItem script:
    Code:
    <PRI<EVE7002<MSGNo data for this floor.<NOD<CLR<END
    Change '<EVE7002' to '<FLJ####:7002' (# is the same number), add '<MLP<END' after. Then highlight '<MSGNo data for this floor.<NOD<CLR<END' and press CTRL+X to cut.
    Code:
    <MLP<END
    Highlight everything in this event number and press CTRL+V to paste it. Add <KEY before the pasted code.
- Revolutionairum, go into the script. In event #0500, remove the '<PRI' before the '<MSGAh HAH!<NOD'. It was originally set by Schmitz but the '<PRI' was unnecessary. The Player is still too below and will not make the Gaudskateers move. These <FON codes in the script focuses each member of the Gaudskateers one by one before the fight.

- The teleporter in Darkened Pool should not be active until you defeated the Genesis Source boss. In event #0200 of this script, change '<FLJ6991:0201' to '<FLJ6991:0205'.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Professional Whatever
Uh-okay...
Fluff8836 said:
- The bottom door of the Mimiga Tower (outside, that is in Mimiga Village) still takes you to Outer Wall. You told me it was a testing purpose. Change the bottom door event no. to 0113.
What? It's still there? Wow, I'm an idiot. Alright, everyone go through the top door of the mimiga tower for now.
Fluff8836 said:
- Construction Base, where you first enter and fight whatever it is (Pooh Black), check the script. In #0110 which was triggered by a H/V trigger entity, add '<KEY<' before 'WAI0060' and remove the unnecessary '<KEY' after.
Actually, that was what shmitz intended. (Well, that's what I'm led to believe.) He just forgot to put in a < before WAI0060.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:37 AM
"..."

Yay for updatingness!

Currently playing.

- Mimiga Tower's bottom door (from the Mimiga Town side) still leads to Outer Wall. This prevents access to the top half of Mimiga Town until you have the Booster 0.8, since you have to use the tower to get up.

- There's a spot where you can get stuck in Pipeworks (at the end, there's a pipe you can get into, but it doesn't lead anywhere, and the water prevents you from getting back out).

- The Bubbler still does 20 damage per hit.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:14 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
LunarSoul said:
EDIT: anyone have anything to say? Nothing? Sadness. >.<

Patience, my friend :confused:. People are busy and few will have downloaded and played through a mod only 6 hours after its posting. I, for one, fully intend to play and give feedback on this latest demo, but I've only downloaded it so far.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

Yeah, I'd play it if it didn't constantly crash my computer! Sorry, but this mod is one that I will not be able to play. :l

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:45 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

AAAAAAAA THE DOOR IN THE VILLAGE STILL TAKES YOU TO THE OUTER WALL FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT:mad::confused::mad::chin::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:15 AM
"..."

"Corespondence Networking" not fixed.

The Booster 2.0 works, yay.

While the Hermit has the right sprite now, he still can't be talked to.

Sky Blade lvl 3 kinda sucks.

The Life Capsule in Dusty Room (Genesis: Earth) doesn't actually give you 3 more HP like it says it does.

Teleporter in Darkened Pool (Genesis: Water) can still be activated before completing Genesis: Source.

Waterway-Reservoir fatal glitch not fixed.

The sign at the top of Chimney cannot be looked at, and the door cannot be entered.

Is the line of Presses at the top of Oblivion: Erosion meant to be boosted through? If so, the very last Press has a tendency to get you. It also might be a good idea to put a save point after the first Press.

While the teleporter to Genesis works, Balrog still wonders whether it's safe to use after you come out of it.

That's all the testing I've done so far. I haven't looked at the Balcony because I can't get there (see above).

Questions:

- I haven't found the Pulse Core or Autocharger (as they've both been moved, found the Focusing Lens though) - are they behind the doors at the top of Chimney and Oblivion: Erosion?

EDIT: I figured out how to get through the Presses, though there should definitely still be a save point there.

- The Red Tower doesn't come up with a stage name from what I saw.

- Entering the brown door at the top of the maze part of Red Tower dumps you in Oblivion: Moon invisible and unable to do anything. (like the Waterway-Reservoir bug)

- The door in Balcony can't be entered.

- Have you considered making the teleporter at the top of Outer Wall two-way (with an Address Chip)?

- The Egg Corridor can still be mostly bypassed by running under it.

- The only way I found to get through the Presses involves the Machine Gun, which creates problems with Oblivion and Genesis being independent.

Liking it, though!

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Professional Whatever

magic9mushroom said:
Waterway-Reservoir fatal glitch not fixed.
Huh? I thought I fixed that. Ah well, I'll fix it.

magic9mushroom said:
Is the line of Presses at the top of Oblivion: Erosion meant to be boosted through? If so, the very last Press has a tendency to get you. It also might be a good idea to put a save point after the first Press.
no, it's not! Don't do it, man! Go to town hall if you've seen outer wall!
magic9mushroom said:
- I haven't found the Pulse Core or Autocharger (as they've both been moved, found the Focusing Lens though) - are they behind the doors at the top of Chimney and Oblivion: Erosion?
That's a secret. =P
And nice job getting the focusing lens!
magic9mushroom said:
EDIT: I figured out how to get through the Presses, though there should definitely still be a save point there.
No, stop it! AAHHHHHHHHH!
magic9mushroom said:
- Entering the brown door at the top of the maze part of Red Tower dumps you in Oblivion: Moon invisible and unable to do anything. (like the Waterway-Reservoir bug)
I know of it. That was foolish. It was used last-minute to check which track number geothermal was. Speaking of which, anyone know which number is access?
magic9mushroom said:
- Have you considered making the teleporter at the top of Outer Wall two-way (with an Address Chip)?
Meh, I guess, if you folks really want.
magic9mushroom said:
- The only way I found to get through the Presses involves the Machine Gun, which creates problems with Oblivion and Genesis being independent.
Again I say, stop sequence breaking!
And wait, what do you mean by independence?

EDIT: alright, you guys are nuts. The bullet properties of the bubbler are exactly the same as cave story's. Check 'em yourself if you dare.

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM
"..."

LunarSoul said:
Huh? I thought I fixed that. Ah well, I'll fix it.

:)

no, it's not! Don't do it, man! Go to town hall if you've seen outer wall!

Oh.

Oopsie. :p

You should probably make that more obvious.

So seeing Outer Wall sets a flag?

That's a secret. =P
And nice job getting the focusing lens!

Ah, well. I just wanted a Yes or No, so I knew if they're in the "missed" or "cannot get yet" category. Since they've presumably been moved to places where there previously wasn't anything, it's possible that I could have missed them. I did check the "empty" bit of Genesis: Water for them.

And thanks.

No, stop it! AAHHHHHHHHH!

Mwahahaha! I laugh at your "insurmountable" kill barrier!

Side note: I needed a walkthrough to realise that you're not supposed to get through the kill barrier in the original Plantation.

See? I'm a good stress-tester! :p

I know of it. That was foolish. It was used last-minute to check which track number geothermal was. Speaking of which, anyone know which number is access?

Didn't you delete Access?

Meh, I guess, if you folks really want.

Well, it just seems like a useful place to have a teleporter to.

Again I say, stop sequence breaking!

The fact that I sequence broke by accident should probably be a clue to you to give more hints to go back to Town Hall. :sun:

And wait, what do you mean by independence?

You're supposed to be able to do Oblivion first or Genesis first.

Meh, if the trick I found to get through those Presses wasn't what you're meant to do, then there's no issue.

EDIT: I don't know what's wrong with the Bubbler, but it does 5 damage per collision and collides up to 4 times, compared to normally dealing 3 damage and colliding once. This is observed empirically.

Remember that this is the lightning bolts, NOT the white bubbles (which still only do 2 like they should).

Also, I see no reply to Chimney's or Hermit's dodginess. I assume you're working on it?

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Professional Whatever

magic9mushroom said:
You should probably make that more obvious.

So seeing Outer Wall sets a flag?
I should, and yes.

magic9mushroom said:
Ah, well. I just wanted a Yes or No, so I knew if they're in the "missed" or "cannot get yet" category. Since they've presumably been moved to places where there previously wasn't anything, it's possible that I could have missed them.
They're not in there. Actually I think I misplaced the pulse core. The autocharger is there, it's in
Outer Wall.
magic9mushroom said:
Didn't you delete Access?
Uh-
Wh-
Okay, ya caught me. It'd still be nice to know.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM
"..."

I'm not quoting because the spoiler would come up.

Access is track number 1 in OrgView, but it might not be number 1 in the code.

EDIT: Gave in to temptation. Okay, so I assume it's in one of the two places that had stuff in them in Cave Story?

See, this is why I miss things, because I checked both of those last version.

Need to go to bed now, but I'll check out the Autocharger and the way you're meant to do things tomorrow.

- oh, wait. I should mention that the way I normally play involves going to Outer Wall for Oblivion: Moon and the Sky Blade, then doing Genesis. This might have screwed with the flag.

Also, how far up do you have to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.