Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

Yeah, it is.

And I am getting EXTREMELY ANNOYED with genesis: light.

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

How the hell are you supposed to beat Deconstructor with only the missile launcher!? It doesn't have enough ammo!

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Professional Whatever
Yeah, I was going to up the ammo given.
I'll also put in some ammo refills in the deconstructor arena.

New version.

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

Everyone better stop double posting in this thread or bans will be had. I had to merge 3 sets of posts.

There's an "Edit" button for a reason.

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Professional Whatever

Wow, harsh.

I just do it so people see the new version. Jeez, I've been doing it throughout this entire thread.

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

LunarSoul said:
Wow, harsh.

I just do it so people see the new version. Jeez, I've been doing it throughout this entire thread.

To be honest I wasn't really concerned about you, just King mostly. (who was responsible for 2 sets of the 3 that I had to merge)

But still, don't double post.

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:31 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

Alright, think I've got another bug.
I'm almost certain I should be getting the best ending, but instead, fighting Genesis with the sky blade, and doing what I mentioned earlier, after fighting Pooh Black the tediousness part two, I get told that Oblivion tricked me, which he didn't, at which point I watch Curly get ganked by something, and King say I didn't do it, whatever that's supposed to mean. Now, unless that text about not trusting misleading people is just there for show I think there's a problem here. Also, Quote must be incredibly stupid to ever trust someone that takes the form of the Doctor, I mean really, why would you ever trust someone who looks like that?

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Professional Whatever

Uh...uh...A wizard did it!

And about the endings, you're spot on.
Which is weird, I heard ccman got the best ending.
Is this for V 1.0.1, or 1.0.5?

Regardless, I'll check around for it.

@GIR. Yeah, king's really bad at that.
But you're right, I'll stop that.
Maybe I'll make a message showing an update in bold red letters, instead of new posts.
Everyone listening? TAKE NOTE OF THAT!

So, I think I fixed the glitches in genesis: light and genesis: spirit, as well as some others I don't really want to reveal.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:52 PM

LunarSoul said:
Uh...uh...A wizard did it!

And about the endings, you're spot on.
Which is weird, I heard ccman got the best ending.
Is this for V 1.0.1, or 1.0.5?

Regardless, I'll check around for it.

@GIR. Yeah, king's really bad at that.
But you're right, I'll stop that.
Maybe I'll make a message showing an update in bold red letters, instead of new posts.
Everyone listening? TAKE NOTE OF THAT!

So, I think I fixed the glitches in genesis: light and genesis: spirit, as well as some others I don't really want to reveal.

1.0.5. I am overwriting the same folder each time, making absolutely certain I am overwriting everything.
I have a save just before the Gaud-skateers which I'm using to play to finish, the save is from 1.0, could that be messing up any flags? Also, maybe you should have someone mention that seemed to be a fake Genesis? Perhaps Misery should say something like, "What? You thought you defeated Genesis? What are you talking about? Genesis was right here the entire time!" ? Unless you're assuming the player puts two-and-two together, and doesn't get five. Uh, on a positive note I didn't get stuck anywhere along the way!

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Professional Whatever

Arthur said:
I have a save just before the Gaud-skateers which I'm using to play to finish, the save is from 1.0, could that be messing up any flags?
Uh, I don't think so. It shouldn't.

Arthur said:
Also, maybe you should have someone mention that seemed to be a fake Genesis? Perhaps Misery should say something like, "What? You thought you defeated Genesis? What are you talking about? Genesis was right here the entire time!" ?
maybe, but as said by misery, she doesn't believe you are strong enough, so she probably wouldn't say anything. She's concerned for your safety. Isn't that nice~? :awesomeface:

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM

LunarSoul said:
maybe, but as said by misery, she doesn't believe you are strong enough, so she probably wouldn't say anything. She's concerned for your safety. Isn't that nice~? :awesomeface:

She's a regular sweetheart, but seriously, maybe an aside from Curly, or King, after the oblivion fight? If you'd rather the player figure it out then that's totally your call to make, I'm just suggesting something that might prevent confusion among other players of this fine mod. And, if she was so concerned over my safety she would have prevented my super-weapons from being stolen! :sue:

I do like this mod guys, really, I just seem to be running into bugs that involve spoilers!

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Professional Whatever

Arthur said:
She's a regular sweetheart, but seriously, maybe an aside from Curly, or King, after the oblivion fight? If you'd rather the player figure it out then that's totally your call to make, I'm just suggesting something that might prevent confusion among other players of this fine mod. And, if she was so concerned over my safety she would have prevented my super-weapons from being stolen! :awesomeface:
well, either misery or curly says something about nothing happening (no genesis/oblivion balance tipping), so, that kind of implies something.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

wow, I've been double posting?

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Professional Whatever

Maybe.
Destroy your F5 key if that is the case.

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

LunarSoul said:
Maybe.
Destroy your F5 key if that is the case.

I can't do that, I have a brand new laptop, it would be a shame. Is triple posting allowed?

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Professional Whatever

...That would be like being told not to talk in a museum, and asking to yell.

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

LunarSoul said:
Wow, harsh.

yeah, this. seriously, you could've just done the two from King and left it at that.
A double post to bump the thread because there's a new version is completely acceptable imo. What if there had been any actual difference in time between the posts, but LunarSoul had just edited instead of a new post? it wouldn't notify anyone of a new post; there would be no new post to show, and the only people who would see it is those who religiously check the thread for a mod that is complete minus some small bugfixes. that makes sense.

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Professional Whatever

Good point, malpercio. I don't think most people would see an edit like that.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Would a save at Genesis: Light work with the new bug fixes?

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:25 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

After the spirit room, it's almost impossible to see the door in the corner because of the health/energy bar. I thought it was a dead end for like 5 minutes.

EDIT:
Arthur said:
Alright, think I've got another bug.
I'm almost certain I should be getting the best ending, but instead, fighting Genesis with the sky blade, and doing what I mentioned earlier, after fighting Pooh Black the tediousness part two, I get told that Oblivion tricked me, which he didn't, at which point I watch Curly get ganked by something, and King say I didn't do it, whatever that's supposed to mean. Now, unless that text about not trusting misleading people is just there for show I think there's a problem here. Also, Quote must be incredibly stupid to ever trust someone that takes the form of the Doctor, I mean really, why would you ever trust someone who looks like that?

I'm getting this too. I get the good ending with fighting genesis with the sky blade, then after fighting pooh black, a few cutscenes which make it seem like quote failed and then it just takes it back to the main screen

Status
Not open for further replies.