Hell 2 Player

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pigaro said:
One person who isn't working on this who stands up for us (I guess you could say)
I think everyone else just says that we can't do it just because we don't have the skills to or we don't know how to. This may be true, but we can try things sometimes. A lot of the people posting on here right now have just been telling us we can't.

I don't think it's a matter of sticking up for you guys or not.
You guys work well together, and as a group you have plenty of modding skills to make a great mod.
However, I think you've started with a project that is way above the heads of most people here, if not all of them. At the end of the day, when 2-player gets forestalled indefinitely, you guys will have an intensely modded Hell level, and a can't guarantee how many people will be interested in it. I would much rather watch you guys make a good mod that pushes the limits of the CS engine, but is a realistic goal for you to obtain. The result, I'm sure, will be a good mod that most people would like to play.

I have faith on you guys as modders, but this goal of 2-player is a little like your final project in college being a shuttle to Mars, when even the pros haven't touched the subject yet.

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Well I wouldn't say I'm an amazing modder. (far from it!!!) I originally just put this out as an idea with little expectations of it ever being done. When Firehead said he could do it I still seemed doubtful, I never thought of doing something CS related in Gamemaker. Maybe it is still possible... I just don't know. So I don't think there is much left to do now. If none of this is possible I say we add a few more goodies to hell. Not to edit the actual game but potentially open up possibility if you beat a certain time to be able to add more customization.

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Firehead mate what's happening? Are you busy at the moment? We need to do some more on the mod. Have you been able to do any work on the mod in gamemaker - success?

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM
LSD
"..."
Wee idea that requires no ASM.

For Co-Op, if we ever implement it, I have some ideas.

There are No-NPC blocks right? Those are blocks only Quote could go through. There also are NPC-Only blocks I believe. If not, we could just use the idea from the WaterWay with the water shooting up that only Curly could go through as those. I dunno.

Some idea.
CONSTUCTIVE CRITISM

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:18 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Uhuh. That sounds cool. I don't know if it is possible but anyway. The problem is we don't know what can happen unless Firehead returns...

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:10 AM
LSD
"..."
Another thing.
Anyone played CaveStory3DS?
Ya know the Time Attack Mode with the weapons? It gives you real choices. I.e. Getting the Machine Gun doesn't let you get the Spur? You can't really get both in Sacred Lands without hacking.
Just an idea :|

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:12 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Pigaro said:
Another thing.
Anyone played CaveStory3DS?
Ya know the Time Attack Mode with the weapons? It gives you real choices. I.e. Getting the Machine Gun doesn't let you get the Spur? You can't really get both in Sacred Lands without hacking.
Just an idea :|

Are you from the future?

CS3DS doesn't come out for like three months in my timestream

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:14 AM
LSD
"..."
Noxid said:
Are you from the future?

CS3DS doesn't come out for like three months in my timestream

Sorry. The Cave Story that came out on the 3DS. Sorry Nox :x

______
I am from the future though :mad:

supersonicscrewdriver GO!

whovian

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM
LSD
"..."
Here, tell me if I got this right.

Polar Star (Can't have Snake, Machine Gun, or Spur)
Missle Launcher (Can't have SML)
Fireball
Bubbler
Machine Gun (Can't have Polar Star)
Snake (Can't have Fireball or Polar Star)
Blade (Can't have Nemisis)
Super Missle Launcher (Can't have normal ML)
Nemisis (Can't have Blade)
Spur (Can't have Polar Star, Snake, or Machine Gun)

When it says (Can't have ...) it means while in possesion of that weapon, you can't have those ones.

250 post!

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Professional Whatever
Pigaro said:
Polar Star (Can't have Snake, Machine Gun, or Spur)
Missile Launcher (Can't have SML)
Fireball (Can't have Snake)
Bubbler
Machine Gun (Can't have Polar Star, Snake or Spur)
Snake (Can't have Fireball, Polar Star or Spur)
Blade (Can't have Nemesis)
Super Missile Launcher (Can't have normal ML)
Nemesis (Can't have Blade)
Spur (Can't have Polar Star, Snake, or Machine Gun)
Fix'd.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:28 PM
LSD
"..."
LunarSoul said:

:D Thanks.

So, if we just translate that to TSC, we have something close to Cave Story (ON THE) 3DS.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Professional Whatever
I thought sanctuary mode was on the wiiware version as well.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:34 PM
LSD
"..."
LunarSoul said:
I thought sanctuary mode was on the wiiware version as well.

Really? I haven't played WiiWare.
It's TimeAttack on the 3DS version.

(From now on, I will call the DSi Ware CS as CS on 3DS, and CS3DS as is.)

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Professional Whatever
No problem X3
Still sorry that I'm not able to help much with the 2-player stuff.
Just a side note, it doesn't really help much when people say cynical stuff about mods, like "ten bucks says you'll release a 5-minute demo and then ditch it" or "don't reach for the moon, it's evil, and apparently hasn't been done before". I know some of you guys are trying to stop modders from wasting their time, but let them do it. It's a good experience.

EDIT: Don't think I didn't see that edit.
All that stuff about highschoolers, and rockets, and impossibility.

EDIT2: I'll start contemplating the combo system while my computer's busted.
So is the combo system like a points system, or is it like an attack boost depending on the combo value or something? The latter might be a little more tricky, although they'd both be hard.
Maybe I can use lace's <MIM offset, if that's fine with him.

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:52 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
LunarSoul said:
No problem X3
Still sorry that I'm not able to help much with the 2-player stuff.
Just a side note, it doesn't really help much when people say cynical stuff about mods, like "ten bucks says you'll release a 5-minute demo and then ditch it" or "don't reach for the moon, it's evil, and apparently hasn't been done before". I know some of you guys are trying to stop modders from wasting their time, but let them do it. It's a good experience.

I agree.

Anyway about the combo. I guess it is kind off about the maximum amount of kills you can get and how long you can stay alive. So a thought. We create a separate area with infinite monsters flying around. And when you get like triple kill it will say triple kill. Although it may not work as well. I guess it kind of registers how many kills you get in a way. So maybe this would work? So you basically enter a "new section" of hell and your aim is to stay alive and kill as many butes etc. as possible.

I still believe Firehead is trying to find a way to make it 2 player however he hasn't been on recently so I'm not 100% sure if he has had any success.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Professional Whatever
I'm afraid I don't quite understand.
Well, I'll try to make the combo system as a points system. If I have some spare time, I'll try and make it an attack boost system as well. (On a separate exe, of course.)
Anyone know if there's a universal function for damage dealt to enemies? That would be really helpful. I don't have the compendium by me, since my computer is BUSTED.

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well I have an idea.
Does someone knows the Infinite Mimiga Mask hack? I was thinking, we should make 2 player easier if Quote Mimiga Masks sprites change to Curly sprites, and then we put in map "2" Quotes, one equipped with Mimiga Mask, the another not. So we change the keys of the Mimiga Masked Quote.
What you think?
I think is better focus attencion to this one than lose time trying to make a combo system never released yet.

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM
Professional Whatever
I know it, but that won't work. The PC isn't an entity, so you can't have two of them.
It would be great for turn play or something, though.