Hell 2 Player

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:59 PM
LSD
"..."
Firehead said:
Well I have an idea.
Does someone knows the Infinite Mimiga Mask hack? I was thinking, we should make 2 player easier if Quote Mimiga Masks sprites change to Curly sprites, and then we put in map "2" Quotes, one equipped with Mimiga Mask, the another not. So we change the keys of the Mimiga Masked Quote.
What you think?
I think is better focus attencion to this one than lose time trying to make a combo system never released yet.

You're alive :chin:!

I think this is a good idea, but I have no clue if this is easier or harder than redoing keys for an NPC.

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
NICE IDEA! I have no idea if it will work but it sounds awesome. We will need to ask Lace...

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pigaro said:
You're alive :)!

I think this is a good idea, but I have no clue if this is easier or harder than redoing keys for an NPC.
The steps:
1.Change sprites;
2.Work in Doukutsu to create another Mychar with Mimiga Mask and Booster 2.0 equipped;
Only Quote inventory can be viewed; We can edit a item to act like a Life Pot, so the 1player can hold two Life Pots(because these are different items with same effect). Collecting a item you already have don't does nothing. Life Pots should have two questions like "Use on Quote?Yes/No" and "Use on Curly?Yes/No". If player says "No" to use in Quote then the 1player is asked if use on Curly. Saying "No" again cancel Life Pot effect.
Also we have two .exe files, one is Doukutsu 1Player and the another is Doukutsu 2Player.
Now my question is:
Shared experience, health and weapons or not?
Kick Ass said:
NICE IDEA! I have no idea if it will work but it sounds awesome. We will need to ask Lace...
I'm only a level modder and spriter, so don't call me to this part...
Off-topic:
Did you know that Cave Story Beta has coins dropped from enemies?

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Did nobody read what lunarsoul said? He actually has a point you know. The player isn't a thing that you can make more of, but rather a hodgepodge of global variables used throughout the executable. You could set up keys to control an NPC, and (relatively speaking) it wouldn't be quite as hard, but the NPC wouldn't be able to take damage from enemies, so essentially it' be like an invincible curly sidekick and that would seriously throw off the balance of the stage and also be pretty pointless.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:07 AM
LSD
"..."
Noxid said:
Did nobody read what lunarsoul said? He actually has a point you know. The player isn't a thing that you can make more of, but rather a hodgepodge of global variables used throughout the executable. You could set up keys to control an NPC, and (relatively speaking) it wouldn't be quite as hard, but the NPC wouldn't be able to take damage from enemies, so essentially it' be like an invincible curly sidekick and that would seriously throw off the balance of the stage and also be pretty pointless.

Sorry for being stupid, Noxid :(

So what your saying is,
If we some how change that NPC's code to she can take damage, we can begin the hole we just dug ourselves into.

(Then someone tells me we need *something to represent a large space* much ASM and it's an almost impossible hack...
Then I say I don't know crap about ASM and I shouldn't be talking about stuff I don't know just to make myself feel better...)

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Pigaro said:
If we some how change that NPC's code to she can take damage, we can begin the hole we just dug ourselves into.

Yes this is true. If you can make a Curly NPC that can take damage from other NPCs (monsters), then you're golden. You also have to make sure that her own bullets don't deal damage to herself. Setting up the separate keys would be the easy part.

The main obstacle is entity-entity collisions, which doesn't exist in the game yet. I don't know how to perform this hack, or at least I've never tried, so you guys can figure it out.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM
LSD
"..."
Carrotlord said:
Yes this is true. If you can make a Curly NPC that can take damage from other NPCs (monsters), then you're golden. You also have to make sure that her own bullets don't deal damage to herself. Setting up the separate keys would be the easy part.

The main obstacle is entity-entity collisions, which doesn't exist in the game yet. I don't know how to perform this hack, or at least I've never tried, so you guys can figure it out.

I laughed a bit at that part :mrgreen:

Okay. Thanks Carrotlord.

More studying to do T.t

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:23 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Well this is all great... but does anyone here know how to do this :/ Never hurts to try but it didn't sound like Firehead would know how to implement this.

"I'm only a level modder and spriter, so don't call me to this part..."

Lunar... I don't suppose you would know how to get any of this working??

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Professional Whatever
Hoo boy...no, unfortunately.
I'm not that good with x86.
The lowest we could bring this down to without eliminating the 2-player is making a hell that goes through with Quote, and afterwards through with Curly, and then compares their score.
Alternately we could just eliminate the 2-player (maybe have a character select) and add some nifty extra stuff, like combos, which I'm hard at work on.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:49 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Okay well that's fine. I don't suppose anyone else would want to help... let alone know how to implement this?

That's what I suggested. I was thinking you could have it so you could play with different characters. So like.... Booster, The hermit, curly etc...
I assume that you would be able to select these. Through an event command. So Do you want to play as Curly? Yes/No And then if no you go to the next character.

:D

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Noxid said:

Could Curly not take damage but like go off screen for a couple seconds kinda like how Tails does in Sonic 2? Though that would probably be surprisingly annoying to the second player seeing how there are so many enemies that getting hit is inevitable.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Professional Whatever
royaltyler said:
Could Curly not take damage but like go off screen for a couple seconds kinda like how Tails does in Sonic 2? Though that would probably be surprisingly annoying to the second player seeing how there are so many enemies that getting hit is inevitable.

With frozen zones outside the screen it might be neat. But curly wouldn't be able to hurt or be hurt.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
LunarSoul said:
With frozen zones outside the screen it might be neat. But curly wouldn't be able to hurt or be hurt.

She wouldn't be able to attack enemies, that kinda takes out the whole purpose then.

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This is a very interesting concept, and I look forward to playing the finished product.
Sorry if this has already been said, but one thing I thought the game needed was the ability to put weapons back into the chests after you take them.

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Unfortunately it will be unlikely that we can ever finish 2 player. We have not yet given up but it seems like no one here is able to do this. If someone with enough skill would be willing to give this a shot it would be great...

Even if curly couldn't hurt the enemies... I would still play just for fun. There might be a chance that something could work...even if glitchy....

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
If you're asking for help, you might as well quit wasting your breath fingers.
Didn't you watch Noxid's modding FAQ video tutorial?

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Professional Whatever
CE .99d? WUUUUUUUUUUT
Also miraigamer forums lol

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Kick Ass said:
Unfortunately it will be unlikely that we can ever finish 2 player. We have not yet given up but it seems like no one here is able to do this. If someone with enough skill would be willing to give this a shot it would be great...

Yes I did. I do mean more that it would be great if it would happen.... even though it's not going to :mrgreen:

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:20 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Is not all lost! Looks like everyone here is dumb nobody searched in the Tribute Site:
Guides/FAQ(Hacking Guides Section is full of guides)
Check the Mimiga Hack:
Infinite Mimiga Mask Hack by Lace.
This hacks allow the player to choose his charather. Also I think is better allowing charather select after beating the game for the first time. Beating it should unlock Ballos's Story, Char Select, Credits Show(and final cutscene).
(Now I want to see someone playing the hell area with Balrog. Who will save him?)

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Professional Whatever
Firehead said:
Is not all lost! Looks like everyone here is dumb nobody searched in the Tribute Site:
Check the Mimiga Hack:
We weren't asking for this. I know exactly how to use this. I helped develop it (sort-of.)