i know i should be ashamed of myself :cool:

I know some people have actualy acomplishes it and i bow down to them

i am actually going to record me trying to do hell again
just to see if i have improved

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
JetHawk, Hell is easy. If you have trouble do this stuff:
Boost up to the upper level as the arrow shows then down fall back again. The hearts will reappear. You can fill your health to max. this way.

diph.php

I think this feature is enough to succeed. Cherrypie91`s Youtube walkthrough is also a great thing.

If you do not have a save for Hell and do not want to play CS from the beginning, download a save from the tribute site.

You will see, that Hell can be easy.

(The image is blurred because it is from a Youtube walkthrough.)

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hell is easy if you don't take the nikumaru counter.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Thanks a lot both of you

im going to try it

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
@Vercci

Congrats to your 100th post!

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:08 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Re: @Vercci

Took me 14 minutes, but I beat it once. If you're just concerned with beating it in the first place, don't worry about how long it takes.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I never knew about that health spawn thing O.o

Best way to get better at it is just to do it OVER and OVER again. Like, maybe a hundred times a day. There's not much I can really give for tips other than that if you're proficient with the booster, you can dodge pretty much everything. When I started I would usually lose a ton of health in the second room from those falling blocks. It's not so bad if you just boost as fast as you can along the ground, and if you get hit let go of your boost for a split second so you don't shoot way up into the air (slows you down alot, and makes it hard to dodge further blocks). Also, Lazer the butes as they come at you and always keep Chargin' ur Lazor.

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:16 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I beat Hell and I knew about the health spawn thing :cool: However, I can clearly remember that it was during vacation that I did. I played nonstop and made damn sure that I'd finish Hell the same day I first discovered it.

Took me hours. I finished at 4 AM.

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
rtnario said:
I played nonstop and made damn sure that I'd finish Hell the same day I first discovered it.

Took me hours. I finished at 4 AM.

That doesn't work, if you finished at 4 AM, then you discovered it 4 hours earlier, because the day started 4 hours ago, midnight. Go ahead and blow this off, because I intend to as well.

Ontopic, Yes I have, and it took me nine months. I'm working on a 14HP gothrough, which I thought would be harder.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
I completed Hell the 2nd time I beat the game. Which was the 2nd day I had played the game.

Edit: oh, and later that same day I beat it under 6:00, too! =D

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:07 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
When I first attempted Hell, I had the Snake and I tried like 50 times without success. Then I replayed through the game and got the Spur and I breezed through Hell and Ballos' first form, but it took me like 50 more tries to get past his second form, and a few more to get past his final forms. The first time I beat him, my time was something atrocious like 20 mins. I've still never been able to do it in under 6 mins.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I could not for the life of me beat hell for the longest time, I tried for like maybe half a week before I gave up (had spur and nemy i think). Then about a month later (I had played a couple mods like jenka's nightmare and Schism) I tried again and beat it on my third try or so. I tried again, and was able to do it faster. These days, I can get through it in less than 3 mins, but in the 2'50-3'00 range, not yet that close to 2'30 (too insane for me).

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Took me an extra day to beat hell... Hell itself anyways. Ballos was easy enough but just surviving through Hell was tough!

Once I did it once though, things became much easier... I think my original time was 11 minutes? [I took a break in the statue room lol]
Then got 7 minutes... not sure if I got down to 5. But, after that I stopped retrying...
Wasn't enough incentive to push for a super low time :cool: Changed menu music? I was hoping for more :cool:

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Ive got a tip for the people who do that heart trick.

....Play the game on a 3 hp run ._. then you will learn to take no damage at all in hell, i barely get hit on that long hallway anymore

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hehe...
Hell.
Such fond memories...
T'is a shame I can't try and beat my 3:12 record...
Crappy computer. >w<
But yeah.
First time through I really didn't pay attention.
What scared me is that I got to the Heavy Press on that run (and subsequenly died to a Bute spawning under me).
And of course, when I started actually trying I fell flat on my face.
One of Murphy's laws, I suppose.
"When DragonBoots is distracted he does well and when he is observant and focused he does poorly."
But yeah.
I think the first time I beat it I got just over 11 minutes...
And strangely, the second room never bothered me...
The hardest part (suprise suprise) was the very first room.
I goofed SO MANY TIMES.

"Alright, just gotta boost over these - OH SHIT OUT OF BOOST!"
*BIFF!*
You have died?
Try again? [Y]/N
"Once more with feeling. Phew, that clears tha - OH MY GOD THERE'S MORE SPIKES!"

Nov 30, 2009 at 3:35 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
A rendition of my first successful hell run, complete with commentary: Warning, contains copious amounts of swearing and has actual spoilers.
First Room
"Finally, I made it!!!

*runs a few steps, forgets to boost* FFFFUUUUUCCCKKKK...
Boom, you died. time: 1 sec (repeats a few times, god I'm an idiot...)

*Gets past stairway of death*
Finally... OH SHI- (outta boost)
boom, you died (took me at least a couple of days to get past here)

*clears first segment, hears narrative*
"yadda, yadda, whatever. GETONWITHITALREADY! Yes, finally, exp. *suddenly* OH SHI- more spikes, goddamnit. (after more t and e, I'm to the long fall)

"exp, exp, exp, oh glorious ex-" *abruptly falls into death spike*
"WTF!?!?! Ah, ah, hell no, damn you, fuck no. Sigh..." (finally, I clear this part and get the health capsule with lots of exp)

Second Room:
"Finally, second room an- AH CRAP! (repeats it several times) (successfully clears second room on first try) YES!!!"

Third room:
"Yes! and...ohmygodthatsalottaenemies. (begins dodging and shooting like crazy, miracously survives) *sees strange eye in wall, shoots it* Tick, tick AHCRAPITSABOMB. *boosts barely outta range* *repeats till out of mini maze* Finall-CRAPMORECHERUBS *kills em all* Argh, this is getting ridiculous an-HOLYFUCKCHERUBSEVERYWHERE!!! GAH!!! (after all dead, twelve health left) Holy friggin' crap I hope thats all. (gets 25 missiles out of hidden chest) Now, to the next bit."

Boss: Heavy Press:
"Uh, okay...big guy stuckin ceilin-FRICKHESHOOTSLIGHTNINGANDAHCRAPMORECHERUBSANDDAMNROLLERS. (Goes nuts, manages to actually recover health, defeats boss) Ah, finall-OHCRAP *dodges falling Heavy Press* Good lord, is everything trying to kill me now?"

Last Room before Boss:
"Huh, dead press no longer hurts, k, not gonna question logic. (refills at statue room) Alright, onto the Final area, past yappy sparkling dog thing ghost."

True Final Boss: Ballos:
"Huh, not much her-CRAPMOREDAMNEDSPIKES-Oh, hey, odd dud...HOLYFUCKINCRAPCRAZYASSMANISTRYINGTOKILLMEOHCRAPOHCRAP!!! *Defeats first form after much dodging and little health loss*

"OH HECK YES, I JUST WOOPED YER-FUCKNOWHESFRIGGINHUGEANDBOUNCINGANDCRAPICANTSTAYONSTAYSTILLYOUDAMNEDGIANTBOUNCINGBALLOFFATSOICANKILLYOU!!! *Blasts Second Form* HAHA, no-GODDAMNIT, QUIT SPAWNING CRAP AND DIE ALREADY (at the point he makes those eye satellites) *blasts them all, doesn't get hit once* YES, I WON...WHATWAITWTFAREYOU...GAHSPIKYFLOORFUCKDAMNITGETONPLATFORM!!! SCREWTHISIMUSINGALLMYMISSILESONYERFREAKYFACE! (gets in close) YESDIEDAMNITDIEHAHANOWWHOSKICKINASSHMMM?!?!? MWHAHAHA, finally, I beat the whole damned thing...in 12 minutes."

Well, that brought back a lotta fond memories.

Pain in the butt it was, I loved every second of that game. Makes me kinda sad that few modern games possess this level of fun and difficulty.

Nov 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
hahaha, a story well enjoyed, my friend!

Nov 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM
/end
It took me more than one try but I beat hell on the same day I first entered it.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Pwwwoooo....

Huh, I always thought everyone beat Sacred Grounds, eventually....
I finished it on the second day of discovering Cave Story, but that was because I had to replay it all after discovering there's multiple endings >.>;
The only real funny thing was when I had destroyed the Giant Press for the first time, and was ignorant to the whole dropping part.
Ballos was the easy for me, too. I probably had the most difficulty with his first form than any of the others, and I never saw the last form fully transform because I had pulled out the Super Missiles I had been saving...
Took me awhile to figure out what the Red Brutes were, when people talked about them here on the forums.

I became pretty acquainted with the number -255.

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Re: Pwwwoooo....

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Huh, I always thought everyone beat Sacred Grounds, eventually....
I think everyone has a limit to the amount of times they try something before giving up. The ones that didn't get through hell are the people that met that limit. Ever wonder why so few people get past the first cave in Death Story?