General chat

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Um...yay?...

To be honest, I'm not particularly in love with fried chicken, such is my sin.

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Captain Fabulous said:
When I first visited the States, I discovered that if you order fried chicken, you had better be ready for motherfucking fried chicken. Not just sort of in the mood for fried chicken, but god damn, you want so much friend chicken right now.
I think they gave me like half a chicken.
Y'all sure love your fried chicken down there. I mean, I love it too, but Americans take it to another level. Be proud of that, you guys.
I found this was sort of the case with a lot of foods in the United States and thus might not be limited to just fried chicken. Their serving sizes are generally larger than most other places.

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Been here way too long...
Half a chicken, nigga

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
If I went to another country I think they'd serve me so much less then what I'm used to I'd starve.

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
The sizes are rather ridiculous here, yes...even in my lifetime (and I haven't been alive very long!) I've seen what I once knew as "Medium" cups be reclassified as "Small" cups. And the Medium cups would probably count as Large cups to other people as it was. That's not an interesting example but servings are generally large and getting larger. -.-

I don't think I'd mind the smaller serving sizes in other countries that much. I eat too quickly, but I'm not terribly gluttonous, I think...

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
My friend went to Germany to visit family, and apparently a small sized McDonald's fries (USA) is considered a large there.

Anyway speaking of food, my other friend came around and we went out to lunch, and I really stuffed my face. Now I have a tummy ache. I should really learn from my mistakes but no

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I feel like I need to eat large portions of food before I'm satisfied. But everyone in my family eats small amounts so I've always felt like I was a bottomless pit.

Anyways yeah, America gives really generous helpings compared to those in Canada. I've still been able to eat whole platters in restaurants but I generally try to stay away from the extremely greasy stuff.

Wild Desu said:
Make a pi but take out all the ingredients that have an e in them.
Personally I'd take pie over pizza at the moment. I think I've been having too much cheese lately, and that's starting to irritate my skin.
my life
You have a cheese allergy too?

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM
daughter of chivalry
Huh. I thought my post went through.

Anyway not necessarily. But dairy does make my acne flare up a bit, so I've been having to be super careful and it's a pain cause it's like one of the main things I eat :/

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Based Member
Man, do we really eat that much compared to everyone else?

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:40 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yes
Supersize Me came out like 10 years ago but I think a lot of its message is still applicable today, aka "America is full of fat people"

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Supersize Me is definitely still relevant, perhaps moreso now, even if actually "supersizing" a meal isn't quite a thing anymore(it doesn't matter because they come that big anyway! :momo:)

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Er, on the contrary, I read that the obesity rate in America is actually decreasing now for some specific age groups, though I can't recall. Apparently the guy's results from Supersize Me were exaggerated - a later endeavour by someone else eating McDonald's for the same amount of time showed that he lost weight - due to exercise. (Sorry for being vague; I don't remember the specifics at the moment.)

While it's likely that portion sizes and nutrient content have changed from the time Supersize Me was done, it can also be pointed out that DPA does matter, not just the food you eat. Obviously eating a supersized McDonald's meal and then sitting at a desk for five hours straight every day will almost certainly cause weight gain, because you're taking in more energy than what is required to sit. However if you're a very active person (very very I guess since they are large portions), you might just put to good use all the thousands of calories provided in that one meal.

Point is, lack of exercise is also a contributor to obesity, not solely the food that is eaten. [/sigh]

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Professional Whatever
Yes but if you eat a double big mac meal with a large fry and large milkshake (which I have seen people do) on a regular basis then you are probably going to die a very unhealthy man/woman/transgender/other/whatever

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Noxid said:
yes
Supersize Me came out like 10 years ago but I think a lot of its message is still applicable today, aka "America is full of fat people"
Well I mean

I don't remember the exact details but I know it exxagerated some facts heavily.

Just saying.

Mar 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
One thing my sister said while she was working as a nurse is that you see a lot of fat people and you see a lot of old/elderly people, but you don't see a lot of fat old people. Which I think says something about how weight/obesity affects your life-span.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
a lot of people I see irl have eating disorders out of either the fear of getting fat, or they actually think they are fat when you can clearly see their ribs.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:35 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Rain. Only rain.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM
daughter of chivalry
Goerge Bobicles said:
a lot of people I see irl have eating disorders out of either the fear of getting fat, or they actually think they are fat when you can clearly see their ribs.

Yeah eating disorders are a pretty awful thing. It's not only about weight though, it's a psychological thing and this obsession about perfection and control, or something like that. I read a book about a woman's life-long struggle with it. Pretty screwed up and sad.

I just took 5 hour nap. Man I'm so bad. And I had a weird dream I reunited with a friend who I haven't seen in like 8 years. I don't even talk to him anymore. He was with his wife and children (yes, he got married/reproduced at 18)

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Sometimes I wonder if there's any space left on this earth that hasn't been claimed by one of the world's governments. If you decide that all governments are super corrupt and you don't even want to be around society anymore, is there even an option?...