Forum Mod Plot Discussion Topic

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
jcys810 said:
I always thought you guys are like angst against Kageryushin so he would be the main antagonist. Well... If he is, I want my character to go all "LETS CHANGE THE EVIL GUY INTO A GOOD GUY WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP LOLOHSNAPS I DIED WHILE TALKING HAHAHAHAHAHA NO LIFE POT"
Kane sucks, lol.

That's too mutch pokemon.

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Justin-chan
Stop saying Kane sucks you faggot.

Edit - The quote didn't even have anything related to Kane. We should have something about your silly football player in the mod.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
Stop saying Kane sucks you faggot.

Edit - The quote didn't even have anything related to Kane. We should have something about your silly football player in the mod.
Eh?

I did prepare an arsenal type sprite:

Attachments

• Dumb sprite.zip
    323 bytes · Views: 16
Feb 11, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Justin-chan
Not looking. =D

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
The only reason why I'm slightly against Andwhy's story is that it kinda misses the essence of the game. Remeber that Cave Story is mainly PLATFORM/SHOOT-EM-UP rather than adventure/RPG. While the story of CS is one of my favourite things about the game, we NEED to have the story-to-gameplay rating ratio similar to Pixel.

We can just add them as extra backstory details pointed out throughout the game.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Kageryushin, I disagree with you about the similarity to CS, but SP said this is gonna be a small project so we might be seeing something different. However, the idea will seriously affect the flow if we're gonna haveto fit in the story according to the events in the game (CS).

I myself would prefer to make the project larger than what Shi originally intended. I don’t think it’d be all that difficult at all to fit in the story according to the events of the game. We could always just deviate from that plan whenever it became too inconvenient, though I can’t imagine this happening.

Roonil Wazlib said:
My idea is:
Some fuxorin reason to venture into outer space which leads to discovery of OMFG the CS world that's attacked by spambots/catgals/forum-sins, which originated from OUR world, and we hold the key to save CS.

I disagree with your plan because it entails the Cave Story world being real and would probably take away from the fact that the Forum Members are the main characters.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Since we're trying to keep the CS factor intact, I think we should break the game in the same format as we're doing this mod.

So, in a WTF (TM) world of Cave Story (TM), we witness magic (TM) and advanced technology (TM) being contemporaries. A mysterious floating island (TM) is rumoured to be host, not only to strange creatures (TM), but some unknown force as well. Inhabitants of the island, mimgas (TM) and gaudi (TM) represent the only life signs of the once-lively island. A research party (TM) is sent to investigate, but greed (TM) for power (TM) creates an enemy for the world within the party itself, and unless this greed is crushed, the CS world is doomed...

I've exluded everything regarding the robots, mainly cause I'm lazie, but also because that requires me to explain a bit of the past, which doesn't really fall within the main outline (I consider it mainly as backstory).

This is just outright blatantly copying Cave Story. Not a good idea.

jcys810 said:
Only Shuffle! and Ichigo 100%... :/

p30655-0-thisdisturbsme.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kageryushin said:
We can just add them as extra backstory details pointed out throughout the game.

I myself would prefer to make the project larger than what Shi originally intended. I don’t think it’d be all that difficult at all to fit in the story according to the events of the game. We could always just deviate from that plan whenever it became too inconvenient, though I can’t imagine this happening.
I am all for this, but that is probably because it is supporting my idea. :p

Also the modder should alter reality in the way reality should be altered, not in the way a game world would be altered, despite the fact that it is within a game. Fourth-wall stuff is alright but you don't want it to affect the main story.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
Kane sucks, lol.

That's too mutch pokemon.

actually trigun does the fight with love thing as well :p

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
actually trigun does the fight with love thing as well :p
I actually watched trigun till the end. Trigun was great to watch until the second half where vash went all emo. :o

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:50 AM
Respwnt
Kageryushin said:
This is just outright blatantly copying Cave Story. Not a good idea.
That wasn't a story for the mod. Since we wanna make our mod plot look like CS, I thought it would be as good idea to check how much CS looked like a mod. Plotwise, at least.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:01 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
I actually watched trigun till the end. Trigun was great to watch until the second half where vash went all emo. :p
thats how i felt the first time i saw it but the second time i reckoned it fit well and i liked it (lol im not emo)
, so any way i dont think throwing any more points or reasons across will help i think we should make a poll to decide so we can start making the mod, but thats my opinion anyway

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
thats how i felt the first time i saw it but the second time i reckoned it fit well and i liked it (lol im not emo)
, so any way i dont think throwing any more points or reasons across will help i think we should make a poll to decide so we can start making the mod, but thats my opinion anyway
Well I haven't finished putting the touches on my story and there aren't that many other stories, mostly just random ideas, what are we voting on? Give everyone some more time, geez. This discussion has only been around for 4 days, talk about rushing it.

Also I was fine with the second half of Trigun but it leaves you longing for Vash's crazy antics from the first half. But when it got to the end and Vash went back to his normal self I thought that to have been the greatest of endings. :p

But why did that priest dude have to die? :( But it was friggin' awesome when Vash beat knives with priest dude's weapon, its full of mercy. :o

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:38 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
o_O sorry. i just thought every one discussed what they want, continue on. oh and yeah the end of trigun fight was awesome ^^

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
I missed the anime telecast lol.

But isn't spamming supposed to be resevered for the main CS Tribute Site forum?
No it isn't and I have proof. Look at the first few pages of the "Eternal Chaos" thread to get a lesson in balrog. :D

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Justin-chan
Kageryushin said:
https://andwhyisit.bugsiteguardian.com/cstsf/archive2/p30655-0-thisdisturbsme.gif
Oh snaps, Rin wants to move out.

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:18 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Back on topic please, we need plot ideas.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:25 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Bumpedy bumpedy bump bump bump.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
bumb...bad car rides