Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 27, 2008 at 5:28 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kaeso said:
Yeah shes such a cool character.. i love the way she sacrifices herself without even thinking about it.

Quote has a competitor now... :D

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:39 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
curly brace is the win :o [... although balrog get's the gold apparently :D]

But, Sue and Toroko really deserve more than 2 votes...
And I didn't know King was so popular..!

I guess my favorites would be Curly, Quote, Sue, Toroko then maybe Misery and Balrog

Booster, and Kazuma seem more generic, I like them and they may be more handy to have around than say Sue, but... Not as fun :o
And Jack and King have too short a role, although King leaves an impression...

[Reminisce about my first play through, and a thought]

When I first played Cave Story, I tried so many different things to see if I could find a way to save Toroko at least. I thought I had done something wrong :/ It was shocking to suddenly have King and Toroko die...

I feel like the Mimiga's story kind of ends there; What happens to Jack? We get to see Chomp chomp chomp again but ... Thinking back on it, I feel kind of unsatisfied with the Mimiga's ending. They kinda just vanish, and all that's shown are Chaco and Santa. lol ...

No rebuilding the village scene at the end...
It never really bothered me until now.

To me it feels like Cave Story is missing one last possible ending or some detail. One that clears up the Korons, the fates of the Mimiga, as well as Toroko, King and Arthur as well as some other loose ends, like giving Sue back the amulet she gave to Toroko.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:40 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
If you think about it Curly would've destroyed quote if she wasn't limited to walking a few seconds/firing in a straght line for a few seconds/walking a few seconds, she jumps twice as high has an anti missile shield.. makes me think that quote was just a prototype when they were created.

-EDIT- I just noticed the post before me, which ending is considered canon? if Its the hell ending then everyone lives except the doc toroko and king.. and the few nameless enraged mimigas you kill.. and Igor.. (i think)

-EDIT- And Ballos ofcourse

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:41 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Kaeso said:
Yeah shes such a cool character.. i love the way she sacrifices herself without even thinking about it.

Quite true...

Anyways, my favorite character from Cave Story would have to be King, as well. Curly comes a real close 2nd, Quote 3rd, Balrog 4th, and 5th, but not last or least, the little man.
The little man's hidden dialogue on the Ballos ending is especially great.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM
My second favorites Ma Pignon.. that thing is funny. Quote and Balrog come after them.

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:52 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Kaeso said:
-EDIT- I just noticed the post before me, which ending is considered canon? if Its the hell ending then everyone lives except the doc toroko and king.. and the few nameless enraged mimigas you kill.. and Igor.. (i think)

-EDIT- And Ballos ofcourse
I think the Best ending is usually considered canon~
Hell ending, everyone lives except doc, toroko, and king...

Yeah, according to what is told to us, the Mimigas are fine and well at the end :o But... We don't get to see that. We get to see the Mimiga Graveyard in the credits...!

Let's assume for a second that some of the Mimiga were sent to the surface and have begun their attack...
That means perhaps they were in the middle of their attack. And then they turn back to normal!! That's kind of dangerous! How would the humans react?
Probably take them prisoner!

[Oh... I just changed my Avatar... :D ]

EDIT: I'm curious, what makes King their favorite character?

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:54 AM
I saw that in the fan art page its pretty cool.. My favorite was the one were quote was holding curly's panties and curly was on him with her gun to the back of his head, that was hilarious.

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:58 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Yeah that one was pretty good lol I had a blast looking at all the fan art [Which I just discovered TODAY]...

Btw, did you notice this one?
1145302948782.png

I didn't realize it at first .. :D It's Quote with the Mimiga Mask equipped; talking to Curly with it lol

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:00 AM
Well i saw it but until you pointed it out i didnt notice that was quote.. The dialogue if you talk to her with the mask before you restore her memory is pretty funny

BTW what is the dialogue if you talk to the gaudi?? I need the machine gun to get there but i really cant be bothered to start again for the 4th time in 2 days.

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:09 AM
Indie game enthusiast
I gotta go and try that too when I get a chance...
I tried to write all the text in Cave Story down in a red notebook a long time ago, but I didn't get that dialogue! When I get the chance sometime this week I'll play through with the machinegun. Its been a while since I've played through Cave Story...

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:29 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Mah chars:
1. 5u3 (she rox)
2. Balrog (No explanation needed)
3. Curly (I cried when she died. The Quiet theme is too hard to take)
4. Toroko
5. Ma Pignon (also mah favourite non-story character)
6. King
7. Mizalie (Awesome credits scene)
8. Ballos (poor guy, deserved better)
9. Quote (I'm just as forgetful)
10. Magaine (The Chomp guy)

I hate:
1. The Doctor (!$@#%#)
2. Kazuma (Who the fvck voted for that traitor)
3. Jack (Nerd)
4. Santa (I really dunno why...)
5. Chaco (Quote x Curly all the way!)

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:39 AM
As soon as i heard Geothermal i knew curly was about to expire.. i thought it would've been when she rushed into the shutters though, and the terminal said "irregularity in shutter 4" I thought the shutters would close behind her then gas fills the room or an automated gun appears or something.

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:45 AM
Justin-chan
Its amazing how Sue and Kazuma don't really seem to show any concern about their mother. :/

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Man Roonlib is so [editing] right! 5u3 will pwn your [editing] asses!

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:48 AM
I think it was because they had already established she was dead, the doc threw her off the edge of the island.. come to think of it, how the hell did she survive?

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:05 AM
Respwnt
Kaeso said:
As soon as i heard Geothermal i knew curly was about to expire.. i thought it would've been when she rushed into the shutters though, and the terminal said "irregularity in shutter 4" I thought the shutters would close behind her then gas fills the room or an automated gun appears or something.
I was playing that part at 2 in the morning, and when I got to the Egg Corridor, I blasted off everything in my sight, like DIE MF DIE! That was when Scorching Back became my fave track.

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:14 AM
Mischievous Robot, Scorching Back, Grasstown, Labyrinth Fight and Last Battle (music that plays when your fighting Ballos 3 & 4 and Undead core) are my favorites they are pretty exciting tunes.

BTW does torokos theme ever play in the game besides as the title theme when you beat hell under 5 minutes? I don't recall hearing it.

Jan 27, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Justin-chan
I thought I'd revise my list.

1. King - The sword is awesome, hell, he gave you a weapon to trade for the fucking Nemesis
2. Balrog - HUZZAHBOY, what else do I have to say?
3. Curly - Machine gun is useful, early booster?
4. Misery - "ZAP MUTHAFUCKA"
5. Sue - Mimiga pr0n
6. Kanpachi - FISHING IS FUN
7. Itoh - I don't really know, guess I just like him, long faced idiot.
8. Quote - lawl, I don't find him that great. :/
9. Ballos - He has more than two balls, and they are spikey
10. Booster - He gave you a Booster for god's sake
11. Tetsuzou - He gave me a stupid gun to trade for epic weapons
12. Santa - Well, the fireball is win
13. Ravil - I find him cute, I don't know why, leave me alone
14. Igor - He has the shoop da woop dammit
15. Killer Robots - They would probably have ranked higher if they didn't have a faceset, they look ugly in the faceset. Their sprite is cool though.
16. Momorin - She stole your Booster and gave you an ugly mask, but she did make a rocket, then again, she did make you fight the Doctor...
17. Kazuma - He wanted to flee, that bastard
18. The Doctor - He fails in life without the demon crown and the red crystal, he should shove the red crystal and the demon crown up his ass, force it out, repeat. So why is he listed here? Well, because he is a backstabbing bastard

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
jcys810 said:
Its amazing how Sue and Kazuma don't really seem to show any concern about their mother. :/
The Sakamotos in general seem to be a very laid-back family. When you agree leave the island with Kazuma, he's all "Yeah, we did all we could, we might as well try and survive." Moromin didn't seem particularly worried by being thrown of the island or the well-being of her kids, I guess she thought they could take care of themselves. Sue didn't seem to worried about jumping off the island, either. I guess Pixel's just a bit odd like that.