Expansion of our Repetoir

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Re: also get rid of auto titles even noxid agrees with me

Most people would just play cave story, reach the ending, maybe replay it a few times and then leave it at that. And nothing can change that. Then there are a few nutjobs like us who fall in love with the game and can't forget about it. That's all I have to say.

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

WoodenRat said:
Most people would just play cave story, reach the ending, maybe replay it a few times and then leave it at that. And nothing can change that. Then there are a few nutjobs like us who fall in love with the game and can't forget about it. That's all I have to say.

Amen.

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Just rearranging the forums is not going to bring any new members. Its debatable whether becoming an indie gamer's forum will, but...
WoodenRat said:
We've kind of reached our Cave Story limit by now, which is why Lace made this thread. So we can shift our focus to indie gaming or die out.

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The site isn't going to just die, especially with CS3D on the way and Pixel still working on new projects. In fact the site's probably as active as it's ever been in terms of users. And again, why limit discussion to just indie games?

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM
That's what we said about Cave StoWii, and all we got was a bunch of new users who want to talk about things we already talked about. The PC version is still the one we refer to, and once again, it's getting old.

Also, we don't have to limit discussion to just indie games. Your imagination is your limit, DoubleThink.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
With Cave Story Wii, we got the same game with a few graphical and musical differences.

Cave Story 3DS will hopefully have more to discuss (what with Wind Fortress or whatever else they feel like adding).

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM
It doesn't matter what they put in, we'll get bored of it soon enough. We need to shift the forum's focus to something that won't become outdated any time soon.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Jul 15, 2011 at 12:37 AM
Stuff That's Cool
You know, things that are cool right now, in the future.
Skunk Chewing
Not the most delicious critters, but definitely the coolest.
◻Hunting ◻Jaw Fitness ◻Obscure Animals

Hoverboarding
Waterboarding is medieval and barbaric. Welcome to the 22nd century's preferred method of torture.
◻Videos ◻Music ◻Art

中国屎
◻清创 ◻阴茎的长度 ◻贾斯汀 Beiber
What?

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
You know, our forums are similar to a man who started selling lemons. He had many lemons, and sold most of them. But that all of them are sold, what can he do? Sell old, rotten, over-discussed lemons? No. He must expand his niche. He has gained some money (members of our forums) and experience (most importantly) through this small business, so now he can finally move on to oil. But what is he to do when the oil runs out?

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Create a large innovation branch so he can deal with the inevitable and create a solar farm when all the oil is gone?

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:19 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You know, I'm pretty sure he should go get more lemons, and not try to sell this oil shit.

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM
There are no more lemons.

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:42 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
bullshit

also could we try and actually come to a decision and do something with this one
because it's pretty important and we really should do something about it

maybe a vote or something
also we should figure out if we're going to reconfigure the forums what it would look like first I guess

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM
I didn't realize the chain of command went directly from street-side lemon vendor to oil business CEO.

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:50 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
cultr1 said:
I didn't realize the chain of command went directly from street-side lemon vendor to oil business CEO.

There's big money to be made in selling lemons.

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:09 AM
^TOTALLY SFW

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:29 AM
I'm sorry, we were talking about lemons and I had to do it. At least no one said the lemons quote. Also, don't click that there link.

So we need more forums to keep things interesting. To avoid rotting in our own filth. Indie games is the only suggestion we've had so far, so I guess we'll be doing that. I really want people to understand that the community's going to change if it's going to survive. It doesn't have to change a whole lot, just a little bit, so please don't fight it. Just... try to be friendly and open. I'm too tired to give better advice than that.

Jul 16, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Between the melodrama and lemon jokes I'm beginning to wonder if this thread was even meant to be serious :D It would take years for a change in the site's "focus" to notably increase new member influx, even if it worked. There's nothing wrong with improving the layout but I'm not seeing changes made to the site on the basis of kneejerk overreactions. Settle down :|