Excitment and disappointment...

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:06 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Roonil Wazlib said:
I meant him going to Jenka's place. That isn't possible if the island crashes.
It's possible if he heads off before the quake begins.

JacobX891 said:
Which is why that scene isn't in the middle ending credits.
No, it's not in the middle ending credits because the chances are Booster will die in the labyrinth if you take the middle ending.

However, if he doesn't die in the labyrinth, yet you still get the middle ending, then it would be logical to consider that he may have escaped with the help of Jenka and her magic.

Jul 17, 2008 at 5:48 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
But what's the deal with letting him die, anyway? :p
Oro?

whatcha mean?

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
andwhyisit said:
The place it was ever since it first landed, the Balcony. You even walk past it on your way to the prefab building after exiting last cave.
What I meant was... where was it before then? How did it get there?
Or if it's originally built there, then how did the guts manage to get to the heli? If it's Curly, she might be able to slide through the final cave. But for the others, is it possible?

Jul 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM
In front of a computer
How did it get there? Um, it flew, of course.

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:36 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Um... surface... where? The guts were in the plantation the last time we see them.

Jul 19, 2008 at 11:58 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
I mean.... before we enter the final cave... they were at the Plantation. Then the next time we see them, they're...... wait. We see the heli at the Balcony. Is it originally parked there and they left it when they were sent or went to the Plantation?
Then how do they get back to the heli from the Plantation?

Or were they already there, where they flew using the heli to the balcony? Then where do they hide at the balcony? Where did they fly the heli from to get to the Balcony(don't answer 'surface' again unless you want me to clarify once more)?

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Then how do they get back to the heli from the Plantation?
Rocket...?

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:18 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Then the final cave? T_T

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:45 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
But that's not the fucking point at all! What happened before the game has nothing to do with this! I'm just talking about the period from the last time Quote met the Sakamoto's(not including Sue, at the Plantation) to the ending of the game!

But your previous answer is kind of good enough so I won't have to think about that part anymore! But I want the answer to the heli thing!!!!

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:22 PM
This Troper
freezit4 said:
But that's not the fucking point at all! What happened before the game has nothing to do with this! I'm just talking about the period from the last time Quote met the Sakamoto's(not including Sue, at the Plantation) to the ending of the game!

But your previous answer is kind of good enough so I won't have to think about that part anymore! But I want the answer to the heli thing!!!!
They've got a rocket, duh! They jumped onto that whitey thing and flipped the switch. They waited until they were on the Plantation's top, then they jumped off and proceeded through Ultra-easy Final Cave (hey, if you have got Booster 2.0 and Curly lives, you get the Hard FC. If you are NPC, you get the Ultra-easy one). There they found some dead Enraged Mimigas and their heli. They waited until the caged Mimigas ran by and loaded them in the heli. When the Island began falling down, they took off. They landed near their laboratory on the Surface. Then they took Sue and Itoh and began to... Well, I suppose that's more than enough.

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:41 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Well, first off there could have been more than one helicopter... I guess it depends on how big the helicopter really is supposed to be.
In Sue's letter she says "Prof. Booster was on our helicopter, and so was my mother, my brother, various assistants... The Doctor as well. He was there to serve our medical needs, and did so... At least, until he found the Demon Crown..."
Sue specify's "our" helicopter. Which might not mean anything or, it could mean there were more than one to begin with.
Also I don't think the Doctor just waltzed out of the chopper and said HAHAHA I WIN *nabs crown.* ....

EDIT: Oh it sounds like the scientists had been there for a bit before the Doctor finds the Crown... He was there to serve our medical needs, and did so... At least until blah etc, it makes little sense that Sue would have phrased it like that if the Doctor finds the Crown immediately.

For one, I don't think they originally landed the helicopter there, although it's possible, I find it unlikely. They don't even have any research equipment around, a base camp, or some place to sleep. There's nothing conclusive about this since it IS the intro, but when the Doctor finds the Crown it's as if the place is buried, or at least in total darkness. Maybe that makes more sense? The place could have been buried initally? Then when he finds the Crown, it causes the place to unbury or something? And at the end when the sky is raining Boulders from Heaven. Maybe it's more of the place being reburied.
There's also a chance that there is a second throne room somewhere in the deep that is based on or has the same layout as the original throne room. Seems unlikely, but not very unplausible for a variety of explanations.

Momorin and Itoh definitely use the rocket though. Seriously. They wouldn't waste days constructing a rocket just for a one time use for Quote, especially if they had another way to get to the surface. What's the deal with Last Cave? Perhaps there are multiple paths to the cave. A left path, middle path, and right path... Of course instead of having multiple doors, certain conditions are made before you take a different path. Either that or it's due to magic or the evil that's close by.

Speaking of evil, the only two places that the Black Wind Blows or something, is in Hell and in the Hard final cave. Which means there could be air coming from Hell or a passage or crack that connects to hell in that cave somewhere.

Why don't the humans get pwned by monsters and stuff? Well unlike Rambo (Quote), I think they take caution and sneak around; while Quote just runs up to everything and blows it up.

Most creatures can probably be avoided as in Sue's case. Kind of like walking past a wasp's nest, instead of going around shouting at and shaking the nest lol
Or walking through the jungle silently, as opposed to carrying around a machinegun shooting randomly around enemy territory...

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:35 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well...Thats part of the problem with Interaction vs. Story.

Story makes us say they got to the copter a-ok while Gameplay tells us that the path had god knows how many traps/monsters/lava pits/ect. :(

Same thing with Curly...Story wants us to say she rejoins with Quote before the final fight, Gameplay says that there is no clear why for her to do this at all...Then again Gameplay gives her a gun that I was sure there was only ONE copy of...( you HAVING that single copy BTW )

...This is one reason why books seem to always outdo games in the story area...

Then again even with these faults it doesn't KILL the story...( Well the third ending kinda does because it comes off VERY rushed )

All in all most people just accept these odd contractions and keep going. I mean...what story doesn't has stuff that just doesn't add up at one point or another?

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:55 AM
In front of a computer
lipucd said:
Story makes us say they got to the copter a-ok while Gameplay tells us that the path had god knows how many traps/monsters/lava pits/ect. :)
Though Quote clears out most of the monsters...

lipucd said:
Then again Gameplay gives her a gun that I was sure there was only ONE copy of...( you HAVING that single copy BTW )
I think she got that gun from its source, rather than from Mr Little. Wasn't there something about the Nemesis being the weapon of the Goddess? (Whoever the Goddess is...)

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:09 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Celtic Minstrel said:
I think she got that gun from its source, rather than from Mr Little. Wasn't there something about the Nemesis being the weapon of the Goddess? (Whoever the Goddess is...)
Some deity of the CS world? Think of the nemesis as something along the lines of "Excalibur" or the "Holy Hand Grenade". :)

There is a theory that the goddess is the mother of Ballos and Jenka and is shown in the statue on the edge of balcony, but there isn't much backing it. An interesting theory though.

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:13 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Though Quote clears out most of the monsters...
The infinitely-respawning monsters?

As for the Nemesis, who says the Littles only had one of them? Heck, if you don't get the Nemesis anyway, then Curly may well be using the one you would have gotten...

I also drew a comic that never got finished, concerning Curly's Nemesis...

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:56 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Lyger said:
The infinitely-respawning monsters?
Easily explained. The last bat(s) that were behind the walls came out right before quote left their area :p

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:20 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I hated the "good" ending. Curly lives, so there's no depth, and Blarog saves you, that's kinda coo, but I expected... more. This is the "good" ending, I think it's the otherway around.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
Well, While we're asking this question, we might also want to ask how Sue, unarmed, made it across the Egg Corridor unscathed.
Sue has mentioned that she is skilled at unarmed combat.