Doctor Who Story (DISCONTINUED)

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:46 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
zxin said:
I'm not sure what that means... :confused:
your sprite changes every time you "regenerate"

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:09 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm adding a link to an ORG track that I made that I want to use to replace the "Got Item!" anthem. Do you think it's good?

Lode Stone

The track is based off of the Hangar theme from Ace Combat 2.

zxin said:
Brainstorm! What if when you die instead of saying 'Do you want to retry?' it says 'Do you want to regenerate?' :)
That's a great idea!

And in reference to the quote below (I can't get it to enter text underneath it :confused: ) PLEASE DEAR LORD DON'T MAKE ME. That'd be such a headache...

Goerge Bobicles said:
and then have a cycling Mychar.bmp

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no it's
it's really easy

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
SuperJaws100 said:
And in reference to the quote below (I can't get it to enter text underneath it :confused: ) PLEASE DEAR LORD DON'T MAKE ME. That'd be such a headache...
BBCEd works well for this, or you can hit multiquote and click reply and it should show up in the fast reply box.

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM
In any case, this is supposed to be semi-canonical.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:22 PM
I've made some remixes that may appear in later versions of the mod!

Far Off Planet (Balcony Remix)

Alien (Access Remix)

Blue Toaster's Theme (Balrog's Theme Remix)

Are they any good? I just want to know before I make them a part of the mod. I really want this mod to have nearly entirely different music from the original game.

Of course, I still need those CUSTOM ORG TRACKS (including the Doctor Who Theme) which I have been unable to successfully recreate.

I can do remixes though! Apparently.

3/4 of the way done with Grasstown! Update soon!

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:47 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jan 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Gavintendo64 said:
I added player sprites and a sonic screwdriver weapon sprite to 1.0 but you already have 1.5...
Go ahead and use it anyway. :D
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=91345413405133921099
I'm sorry you went to all that work, but TBH, I like the sprites/faces I've got already better. Also, the sonic screwdriver you drew looks like a screwdriver. If you've ever seen the show, you know a sonic screwdriver literally looks nothing like a screwdriver.

Thanks anyway though!

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Lol, I was late anyway. Hey, about that regeneration, I recommend checking out this mod called Infinite Mimiga Mask, which allows you to add extra characters in the mychar file.
Randolf had to do it for me though, so you might need some admin help too.
And flags:
First, only use flags from 100 to 999.
<FL+ means Flag plus and activates the flag while <FL- means, you guessed it, flag minus which deactivates the flag, and finally <FLJ, which moves you to a new event if the flag is set.
Then there are NPC flags that are easily set, but the ones that work with TSC flags are those cool lookin' 0x2000 and stuff like that. They are:
appear once Flag ID set and
disappear when Flag ID set.
The Flag ID is basically the Flag you set with <FL+ applied to the entity.
ALWAYS LIST YOUR FLAGS IN A TEXT FILE!!!

And, uh...
good luck with your mod!

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:17 PM
Lol, I was late anyway. Hey, about that regeneration, I recommend checking out this mod called Infinite Mimiga Mask, which allows you to add extra characters in the mychar file.
Randolf had to do it for me though, so you might need some admin help too.
And flags:
<FL+ means Flag plus and activates the flag while <FL- means, you guessed it, flag minus which deactivates the flag, and finally <FLJ, which moves you to a new event if the flag is set.
Then there are NPC flags that are easily set, but the ones that work with TSC flags are those cool lookin' 0x2000 and stuff like that. They are:
appear once Flag ID set and
disappear when Flag ID set.
The Flag ID is basically the Flag you set with <FL+ applied to the entity.
ALWAYS LIST YOUR FLAGS IN A TEXT FILE!!!

And, uh...
good luck with your mod!

I've made two mods. I think I know how flags work. And I'm trying to keep the mod canonical- the Doctor does not regenerate during this mod. I do have some interesting ideas with the ENERGY involved in regeneration, but... yeah.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Gavintendo64 said:
I'm not sure where you got this information, but it's completely wrong.

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM
:/ really? I probably read this one post wrong or forgot or something... My bad. But I used 0999 and 0998 in the armsitem.pbm file and they didn't brake my game, so I guess this info came from experience...? Well if you check out boosters lab, it can make you a .txt file with every flag in the game, that's what I mean by "ALWAYS KEEP YOU FLAGS IN A TEXT FILE!!!", but I thought you hadn't caught on with the flag thing because of random TARDIS appearances. :/
I played 1.5 too, and I must say those sprites are loookin' nice,
but Misery seems to ignore anything you say, like you're still silent ol' Quote. Otherwise I really liked it and I hope it continues as a mod, and good job!

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Gavintendo64 said:
:/ really? I probably read this one post wrong or forgot or something... My bad. But I used 0999 and 0998 in the armsitem.pbm file and they didn't brake my game, so I guess this info came from experience...? Well if you check out boosters lab, it can make you a .txt file with every flag in the game, that's what I mean by "ALWAYS KEEP YOU FLAGS IN A TEXT FILE!!!", but I thought you hadn't caught on with the flag thing because of random TARDIS appearances. :/
I played 1.5 too, and I must say those sprites are loookin' nice,
but Misery seems to ignore anything you say, like you're still silent ol' Quote. Otherwise I really liked it and I hope it continues as a mod, and good job!
I will make the TARDIS not randomly appear when I've gotten to a certain part of the game, but I will code in preparation for that happening.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:34 PM
DEMO 2.0 is here! New music, areas, maps, and more! Now includes a modded Organya!

NOTE: Profile.dat CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED FROM THE PREVIOUS DEMO.

Thanks to:
-2DBro: Faces for the Doctor.
-GIRakaCHEEZER: "Death Egg" music.

I now need faces for Jack Harkness and everyone's favorite villains- DALEKS!

Also, I need someone to replace the flying and arrow launching Butes from the Sacred Grounds with Dalek sprites.

I've attempted and failed miserably.

Preferably they need to flash before "exploding" (disappearing in a poof of smoke). Similar to how the butes fall over and turn green.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ohhh...
It's very sad. I wanted to play full version but errors don't like me :(

I hope that your next mods will be more interesting for others ;)

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:09 AM
"Huzzah!"
zxin said:
I hope so! I also hope one day I will figure out how the hell to get Endless Mimiga Mask to work
I'm sure if you asked someone who knew how, they might add it for you.