• Somewhere in this year.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Next year I suppose.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • When it's done.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • I don't know just, please finish it! ;__; PLEASE!

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • OMFG JUST SHUT THE [EDIT] UP AND FINISH YOUR [EDITING] DEMO FOR SH*T!

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
Feb 5, 2008 at 11:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Do you actually realize that saying: "Calm down." to people who aren't angry at all, just makes them angry?

People are so very sensitive these days.

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
atl5607 said:
People are so very sensitive these days.

So are you. Or why do you telling us to stop "fighting", when there is no fight?

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
So are you. Or why do you telling us to stop "fighting", when there is no fight?
Uhh.. lets talk about the mod instead.

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:27 PM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
Uhh.. lets talk about the mod instead.

Ok. I like pie. Except for balpie, because I love it. lol. That was not funnay guys. lol. Well. Need Sprites. So. Hope you are finished soon. lol. Profit.

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Ok. I like pie. Except for balpie, because I love it. lol. That was not funnay guys. lol. Well. Need Sprites. So. Hope you are finished soon. lol. Profit.
Mmm.. Balpie, a helluva lot easier to make than Balcake.

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:30 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Okay. This Mod is just plain terrible. It has so many gigantic flaws… Where do I begin!? Let’s begin with the most noticeable one. The gigantic swarms of enemies. What. The. Hell. Are. You. Thinking? This doesn’t make the Mod any more difficult, it just creates an illusion of difficulty. So you think you can just throw in a huge amount of obstacles for the player to blast through? Needless to say, this is a horrible trait. Inevitably, the player will just lose all care he or she has whatsoever for their character’s life because it becomes literally impossible to dodge all of the foes coming after you. This horrible characteristic is made even worse by the fact that the character’s health is so high. I could care less how much damage I take. It’s just completely irrelevant now because I have the ability to just obliterate them all before even a noticeable amount of damage is done. You slapped a massive pile of Igors and Frenzied Mimiga everywhere near the end, but, again, your amount of HP and your armament allow you to just bash through them with absolutely no care at all. Also, pacing. You put some of what are supposed to be the hardest bosses in the game AT THE VERY FREAKING BEGINNING. The Red Demon? The Core? What the hell? Again, all these things serve to create an illusion of difficulty. You have, in essence, taken Cave Story, cloned it, ripped its soul out and given it so much plastic surgery that it doesn’t even feel like Cave Story anymore. The lightning effect for enemy appearances was kind of good, but it’s choppy and the enemies usually just end up appearing before the lightning even strikes, making it just plain worthless. Unless you can somehow salvage anything decent from this pile of garbage, this Mod is a failure.

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is an OK mod. When there are swarms of enemy, i just went past them barely killing any. yeeeeeeeaaaaa kinda hard to kill red demon with polar star -__-. I do like your choice of songs and mapping skillz

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM
poppinkrn said:
This is an OK mod. When there are swarms of enemy, i just went past them barely killing any. yeeeeeeeaaaaa kinda hard to kill red demon with polar star -__-. I do like your choice of songs and mapping skillz

That's the big reason this Mod is bad. Again, you could not have been bothered to actually fight any opponents, and, instead, using your gigantic amount of HP, you just ran through 95% of the thing with no care of how much damage you took, basically skipping the useless filler that represents the stages. Oh, and that’s a bunch of filler considering the fact that no valid plot points were made throughout the entire Mod and therefore no visible plot was developed whatsoever. Seriously, there weren’t any major events occurring at any point within the game. Nothing felt epic or even fun. The entire thing was just one tedious tromp through a bunch of boring halls guarded by a bunch of pitiful, lukewarm enemies.

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM
Hoxtilicious
No plot? You mean, the demo has no plot. I don't owe you one, since it's only a demo.

Kageryushin said:
You put some of what are supposed to be the hardest bosses in the game AT THE VERY FREAKING BEGINNING. The Red Demon? The Core? What the hell?

Again: It's the middle of the mod, not the "OMGZ CAPSLOCKZ RULEZ BEGINNING".

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:59 AM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
No plot? You mean, the demo has no plot. I don't owe you one, since it's only a demo.

Again: It's the middle of the mod, not the "OMGZ CAPSLOCKZ RULEZ BEGINNING".

So you take time to rebut my least important points but ignore the other much more valid criticism? So you’re completely disregarding the premise of the game and opting to show off its sub par gameplay? Whatever. My other points still stand.

Also, thanks for horrendously exaggerating the nature of my criticism of your Mod’s pacing. By the way, demos don’t typically start in the middle of the game for a good reason, like, for instance, giving away the plotli- Oh wait, never mind, you don’t have one.

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Kageryushin said:
Okay. This Mod is just plain terrible. It has so many gigantic flaws… Where do I begin!? Let’s begin with the most noticeable one. The gigantic swarms of enemies. What. The. Hell. Are. You. Thinking? This doesn’t make the Mod any more difficult, it just creates an illusion of difficulty. So you think you can just throw in a huge amount of obstacles for the player to blast through? Needless to say, this is a horrible trait. Inevitably, the player will just lose all care he or she has whatsoever for their character’s life because it becomes literally impossible to dodge all of the foes coming after you. This horrible characteristic is made even worse by the fact that the character’s health is so high. I could care less how much damage I take. It’s just completely irrelevant now because I have the ability to just obliterate them all before even a noticeable amount of damage is done. You slapped a massive pile of Igors and Frenzied Mimiga everywhere near the end, but, again, your amount of HP and your armament allow you to just bash through them with absolutely no care at all. Also, pacing. You put some of what are supposed to be the hardest bosses in the game AT THE VERY FREAKING BEGINNING. The Red Demon? The Core? What the hell? Again, all these things serve to create an illusion of difficulty. You have, in essence, taken Cave Story, cloned it, ripped its soul out and given it so much plastic surgery that it doesn’t even feel like Cave Story anymore. The lightning effect for enemy appearances was kind of good, but it’s choppy and the enemies usually just end up appearing before the lightning even strikes, making it just plain worthless. Unless you can somehow salvage anything decent from this pile of garbage, this Mod is a failure.

Do you realise that no matter how constructive your criticism is or how valid your points are, the person it is meant at just considers your post as trash after just reading the sentance "THIS FUCKIN SUX" or "this is plain terrible"? Dude, I seriously doubt whether your motive is to just piss SP off, rather than hope for improvement. If you had used all that heapload of character space to SYSTEMATICALLY type out where you think this mod got it wrong, or more appropriately WHERE THE MOD CAN IMPROVE, you wouldn't have so many on the wrong side of you. No one likes their hard work to be flamed, so if you have so many complaints, just FUCKIN MAKE YOUR OWN MOD BETTER and then boast about it if you have the energy to. Although I've never tried a hack of my own, I can tell it takes a lotta skill and patience to make a perfect one (which is why I never tried modding in the first place :D). And anyways, unless you have done a hack, your "criticism" won't be taken seriously either, unless your criticism is plainly in the pont of view of a player who wishes the mod is better.

There is a lot I have to complain about the way you post, but I hold back only because you make me feel guilty with your "I am the antagonist, MWHAHAHA" quotes, but if you want others to respect you, you should respect others. Your opinion of others shouldn't be based on what you think are their posting styles or modding skills.

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:34 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kageryushin said:

Fucking hell SP please ban this guy.

Why don't you start a mod yourself?

What a freak...

It's not like we must pay respect to you for "being uniquely negative" or what. Its not cool.

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:36 AM
Justin-chan
Fucking hell SP please ban this guy.
No. He has as much rights to state his opinion as any of us.
Why don't you start a mod yourself?
Not everyone has to. :/ Just cause all the coolforumers are doing it doesn't mean someone else has to as well.
What a freak...
Flamebait. *Ball smash*
It's not like we must pay respect to you for "being uniquely negative" or what.
No one told you to.
Its not cool.
No one said it was.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DESTROYED METALOGZ I AM NOW RULER OF THE METALOGZ AND CAN NOW ANNIHILATE METALOGZ AND DESTROY METALOGZ AND EAT TASTY TASTY METALOGZ FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER OR I DIE OF FOOD POISONING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay I am done.[/ObligatoryFailure]

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
No. He has as much rights to state his opinion as any of us.

Not everyone has to. :/ Just cause all the coolforumers are doing it doesn't mean someone else has to as well.

Flamebait. *Ball smash*

No one told you to.

No one said it was.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DESTROYED METALOGZ I AM NOW RULER OF THE METALOGZ AND CAN NOW ANNIHILATE METALOGZ AND DESTROY METALOGZ AND EAT TASTY TASTY METALOGZ FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER OR I DIE OF FOOD POISONING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok... so how about I go to your mod thread and curse it to the depths of hell?

:D

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Justin-chan
Ok... so how about I go to your mod thread and curse it to the depths of hell?
Sure, go to it and curse. Kage was giving criticism, really. If you can't take criticism, why the hell are you posting your stuff up?
No seriously, Kage is fucking idiot.
He isn't. Wait till I recommend you my epic friend, Joshua Garrison. He'd rape your mind into oblivion! =D

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:28 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
jcys810 said:
No. He has as much rights to state his opinion as any of us

Yes i do agree with that to a certain extent, everyones entitled to their opinion but, he does post it with the intention of provoking members to attack back making everyone frustrated, did you see the first few posts he ever made here?

im not going into it but it can be found here
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/

now in sp's case
Also, thanks for horrendously exaggerating the nature of my criticism of your Mod’s pacing. By the way, demos don’t typically start in the middle of the game for a good reason, like, for instance, giving away the plotli- Oh wait, never mind, you don’t have one.

now the starts fine but the last part is supposed to aggravate sp which is absolutely wrong

anyway other than that im staying out of this fight and letting the forum members decide, so if anyone thinks any ones posts are problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts,then use the report button at the top right of posts that look like this
report.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Justin-chan
Yes i do agree with that
You sir, are my type of gu-
to a certain extent
Never mind. D: loljkjk
everyones entitled to their opinion but, he does post it with the intention of provoking members to attack back making everyone frustrated
How do you know his intention isn't just misunderstood?
did you see the first few posts he ever made here?
Yes I did, he came off as rather arrogant in the community project, I hated him then, for god knows why, then I came to love him, and rape him, and-Oh wait, thats fantasy.

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:57 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
jcys810 said:
You sir, are my type of gu-Never mind. D: loljkjkHow do you know his intention isn't just misunderstood?Yes I did, he came off as rather arrogant in the community project, I hated him then, for god knows why, then I came to love him, and rape him, and-Oh wait, thats fantasy.

please tell me why you have changed you mind about him, maybe if we hear you reason we might have a change of heart

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Sure, go to it and curse. Kage was giving criticism, really. If you can't take criticism, why the hell are you posting your stuff up?

Wow...

That's more than just criticism. That's like...

Downloading it,
Stomping on it with shoes that you have just used to step on dog poo,
Dunking it in the water closet,
Peeing on it,
Throwing it into Norton Anti-Virus Recycling Bin.

I really mean it.

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Justin-chan
I don't really know why either. Hell, I just began to realise he started to make actual sense maybe? Some of his criticism is really true and helpful. :/

Edit - Missed this post
Wow...

That's more than just criticism. That's like...

Downloading it,
Stomping on it with shoes that you have just used to step on dog poo,
Dunking it in the water closet,
Peeing on it,
Throwing it into Norton Anti-Virus Recycling Bin.

I really mean it.
Since when was additional commentary considered trolling?