• Somewhere in this year.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Next year I suppose.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • When it's done.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Never.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I don't know just, please finish it! ;__; PLEASE!

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • OMFG JUST SHUT THE [EDIT] UP AND FINISH YOUR [EDITING] DEMO FOR SH*T!

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
Feb 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
jcys810 said:
I don't really know why either. Hell, I just began to realise he started to make actual sense maybe? Some of his criticism is really true and helpful. :/

i think the key word is some after you sift through all the flaming

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Its not really flaming. :/ I don't recall any swearing, could be wrong.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
Its not really flaming. :/ I don't recall any swearing, could be wrong.
You screwed up your definitions, lol. Since when has flaming been the same as swearing?

And while he technically hasn't done anything against the rules, he can't be called adorable either.

BTW, we are doing nothing wrong pointing out where Kag got it wrong. We're just - what's the word again - criticising him.

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
wait like i said im staying out of this >_>

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Hoxtilicious
Pronouns: he/him
Kageryushin said:
So you take time to rebut my least important points but ignore the other much more valid criticism?

I don't have to reply to it. I also don't have to rebuild the mod so it agrees to your wishes.

Kageryushin said:
Also, thanks for horrendously exaggerating the nature of my criticism of your Mod’s pacing.

Kageryushin said:
By the way, demos don’t typically start in the middle of the game for a good reason, like, for instance, giving away the plotli-

Again: I can start where I want, even if it would be the end of the game.

Kageryushin said:
Oh wait, never mind, you don’t have one.

What's the problem then? Your posts are rather paradoxical.
And still, you know nothing. Are you really reading my posts?

S. P. Gardebiter said:
No plot? You mean, the demo has no plot. I don't owe you one, since it's only a demo.

Well, for the rest:

jcys810 said:
No. He has as much rights to state his opinion as any of us.

Actually I can't ban people, but if I would tell the admin, he would surely ban him, he did alot of trolling in the past.

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:21 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
In my opinion, this is one of the mods that I like a whole lot. It shows just how much Cave Story can process all at once, as shown here by the swarm of monsters, and then after gathering as many as possible, I start having the fun of taking every single enemy out all at once before moving on. It's nearly impossible to do that in the final area, though, because of all the places you (And most of the enemies) can fall off and die at.
The extra ending messages are enjoyable, too.

By the way, is the Railgun at the very beginning (The waterway) a reference to the Quake series?
Anyways, this is a really nice mod by S.P. that is unique and challenging in its own way, yet still retains that fun factor, especially if you like facing seemingly impossible odds of victory and cut right through the enemies like they were made of paper... Well, except for the Igors and other boss opponents, perhaps...

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:04 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Oh. Well look at that. I’ve become quite popular.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Do you realise that no matter how constructive your criticism is or how valid your points are, the person it is meant at just considers your post as trash after just reading the sentance "THIS FUCKIN SUX" or "this is plain terrible"? Dude, I seriously doubt whether your motive is to just piss SP off, rather than hope for improvement. If you had used all that heapload of character space to SYSTEMATICALLY type out where you think this mod got it wrong, or more appropriately WHERE THE MOD CAN IMPROVE, you wouldn't have so many on the wrong side of you. No one likes their hard work to be flamed, so if you have so many complaints, just FUCKIN MAKE YOUR OWN MOD BETTER and then boast about it if you have the energy to. Although I've never tried a hack of my own, I can tell it takes a lotta skill and patience to make a perfect one (which is why I never tried modding in the first place :D). And anyways, unless you have done a hack, your "criticism" won't be taken seriously either, unless your criticism is plainly in the pont of view of a player who wishes the mod is better.

Okay. I see your point. My criticism is indeed supposed to come from the mouth of a player.

Roonil Wazlib said:
There is a lot I have to complain about the way you post, but I hold back only because you make me feel guilty with your "I am the antagonist, MWHAHAHA" quotes, but if you want others to respect you, you should respect others. Your opinion of others shouldn't be based on what you think are their posting styles or modding skills.

Please, if you have such a big problem, please, by all means, PM me. I seriously don’t mind. If my posts are really that bad to you, just say it all. Don’t even hold back as you say you do.

Metalogz said:
Fucking hell SP please ban this guy.

Why don't you start a mod yourself?

What a freak...

It's not like we must pay respect to you for "being uniquely negative" or what. Its not cool.

Jcys already obliterated this post, albeit he tried to “redeem” himself at the end. That’s not a bad thing, though. I sincerely thank you, Jcys, I hold a special appreciation for you taking up for me in this Thread.

xristosx said:
im not going into it but it can be found here
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/

Besides the point, but…

NOT MY FIRST POST LOLOLOL.

Roonil Wazlib said:
And while he technically hasn't done anything against the rules, he can't be called adorable either.

BTW, we are doing nothing wrong pointing out where Kag got it wrong. We're just - what's the word again - criticising him.

Roonil has a penchant for being right, doesn't he?

S. P. Gardebiter said:
I don't have to reply to it. I also don't have to rebuild the mod so it agrees to your wishes.

So you want your Mod to continue to suck? Despite my methods being admittedly flawed: rabid, often unwarranted flaming and all, everyone here who has some sense agrees that, when you get right down to it, my criticism is indeed valid at its core.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Again: I can start where I want, even if it would be the end of the game.

Yeah. You disregard any and all concern you have for story structure and do whatever you want.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
What's the problem then? Your posts are rather paradoxical.
And still, you know nothing. Are you really reading my posts?

You don’t have a freaking story, at least one not thoroughly explored well enough within the demo. That’s a problem in and of itself. A demo is supposed to display small pieces of every element of the game. “Am I really reading your posts?” I could pose the exact same question to you. Answer? Freaking obviously. That’s one of the stupidest, most pointless questions ever posed within a conversation such as this, one completely geared towards saying that I’m being ignorant of the actual argument, which I‘m absolutely not. Such a comment is only valid when I completely derail the conversation, which I haven’t.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Actually I can't ban people, but if I would tell the admin, he would surely ban him, he did alot of trolling in the past.

Are you really so sure? If there was reason enough to ban me, it would have happened already. The “trolling in the past” obviously wasn’t. It won’t help you. Considering this, among other points that have been already made, this is just an empty threat.

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Despite the flamebaiting that is part of his nature Kageryushin was trying to give constructive criticism. Regardless of how he came off as he was trying to help you and you threw it back into his face. Banning someone based on something personal despite what is backing it happens to be unacceptable behaviour for a moderator. You have have never abused the position but I wouldn't try starting now.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:03 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
lol i did say one of your first posts not the first :D
and i see that kag is right all i want is him to try to not troll and flame bait

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:34 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
andwhyisit said:
Despite the flamebaiting that is part of his nature Kageryushin was trying to give constructive criticism. Regardless of how he came off as he was trying to help you and you threw it back into his face. Banning someone based on something personal despite what is backing it happens to be unacceptable behaviour for a moderator. You have have never abused the position but I wouldn't try starting now.
Constructive MY HAIRY ARSE. Kage is a troll, pure and simple, and you and jcys need to stop defending him. If you care to notice, he hasn't said a SINGLE good thing about this mod. A proper critic would point out what they didn't like WITHOUT the needless language and then make mention of what they did like as well. It is the mark of a troll to NEVER say anything nice about the thing that they're trolling and NEVER admit they are wrong, and that is what is happening here. There is no logic and no real argument because the outcome will ALWAYS BE THE SAME. Kage just got bored with shitting all over the Forum Mod thread and decided to start flaming this one in the hopes of getting more attention. Most of the 'soul-rippingly' bad "flaws" he so carefully took the time to extract aren't even real flaws, just certain aspects that some people mightn't like. So what if you have to kill lots of enemies? So what if the plot isn't straightforward? I know SP's english isn't great but obviously this is such an alien concept that widdle Kaggie can't get his head around it and thus has to trow a tantrum. He made no mention of any of the interesting and enjoyable parts of the mod (graphics/music/design/story timeline) and has given absolutely no indication that he wants to see the mod bettered or improved in any way, which is kind of the entire purpose of constructive critisicm. No, what we have here is a troll, and nothing positive can ever come from it.

And seriously I don't mean to be rude or anything but HOW DO YOU EXPECT SOMEONE TO REACT TO THIS KIND OF BULLSHIT? It is a perfectly natural respone to defend oneself and SP's handled it really well in my opinion. Someone just stormed in, and, without an ounce of respect or honesty, told him something he'd spent a couple of years on was total crap beyond the point of reparability. If Kage is aloud to get away with being such a dickwit then why isn't SP allowed to defend himself?

You folks need to stop thinking about morals and realize that we're dealing with an immoral person here. All you're doing at the moment is rewarding him for behaving like jerk and I can tell you now that that won't solve anything. He is not trying to better the forums with his posts and he is not doing it because he believes that it's right, he is doing it only to get attention for himself. And it's working too, judging by the 20 or so posts we lavish on him every time he decides to chuck an oopsie. He himself says that we shouldn't take him seriously (which he's so wonderfully keen to repeat every time it looks like he's losing an argument) and this is true, because nothing he says is of any value whatsoever. He doesn't need you to stand up for him until he bullies everyone into submission; what he needs is a good spank on the bum until he learns to behave himself.

Feb 9, 2008 at 7:03 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kageryushin said:
Oh. Well look at that. I’ve become quite popular.

Jcys already obliterated this post, albeit he tried to “redeem” himself at the end. That’s not a bad thing, though. I sincerely thank you, Jcys, I hold a special appreciation for you taking up for me in this Thread.

So you want your Mod to continue to suck? Despite my methods being admittedly flawed: rabid, often unwarranted flaming and all, everyone here who has some sense agrees that, when you get right down to it, my criticism is indeed valid at its core.

Yeah. You disregard any and all concern you have for story structure and do whatever you want.

What.... the.... fuck....?

Are you sure you aren't some kind of insultation spambot?

Are you sure you are not possessed?

What on Earth is a person like you doing on Earth!?!

Feb 9, 2008 at 7:51 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
lol i did say one of your first posts not the first
and i see that kag is right all i want is him to try to not troll and flame bait
i just said this so he would shut up and try post properly :D ,
i know i sound like im jumping sides but i just want all this to stop

Metalogz said:

no he sounds like someone bored, my friend use to do this is just try and piss off people and see how long till he got banned for a joke >_>

and the only way he will stop these posts if you report him, every so often i have been reporting his posts that have been harassing and i would encourage anyone who thinks the same to do so

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Respwnt
xristosx said:
and the only way he will stop these posts if you report him, every so often i have been reporting his posts that have been harassing and i would encourage anyone who thinks the same to do so
Er... I don' think he's done anything THAT bad. Not in this thread, at least.

Now how about some positive talk abt SP's great mod...

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:13 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
Er... I don' think he's done anything THAT bad. Not in this thread, at least.

Now how about some positive talk abt SP's great mod...

no to at least get a warning from the admin to not be like that, maybe it is over the top lol :D

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
and has given absolutely no indication that he wants to see the mod bettered or improved in any way, which is kind of the entire purpose of constructive critisicm.
Actually he did, read his posts again.

I defend Kageryushin because no-one else will and also because I prefer there to be two sides to every story. I have done the same with just about every non-Kageryushin argument apart from the "Cave Story and Earth's timeline" argument.[/OFFTOPIC]

To sp: I forgot to work on the roc alpha designs today. Sorry sp. :D

Feb 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
andwhyisit said:
Orly? *checks*
Well I guess I can sorta see it, if I squint reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy hard, but that hurts my eyes :D Otherwise I can't see where the insults end and the 'constructive' part begins.

andwhyisit said:
I defend Kageryushin because no-one else will and also because I prefer there to be two sides to every story. I have done the same with just about every non-Kageryushin argument apart from the "Cave Story and Earth's timeline" argument.
Yes but that's not what I was trying to say! :D I'm a lot the same actually, but I've attempted to engage Kage on the intellectual level, twice, and he's been unable to back up a single thing he says. I'm sorry but I guess I just like siding against forum bullies for some strange and unfounded reason >.>;

Perhaps I should have been clearer: he has admitted that he trolls on purpose and admitted that he thinks he is intellectually superior to several older and far more respected members of the forum purely because they don't use big nasty words like he does and aren't used to dealing with that kind of crap. Can you not see how arrogant and obnoxious he is in everything he writes? How he attacks people for no reason at all, including you, and then picks them apart based on how they respond to him? There's nothing natural about any of it. I understand what you're trying to do and I think it's great, really, but by siding with this jerk it seems to me like you're siding against all the other people he's needlessly insulted (whom I'm sure all feel very happy and dandy themselves), which is why I've been being so emotive in trying to get my point across and make it clear. He doesn't deserve your help and he definitely doesn't deserve your respect because he's done absolutely nothing to earn it and used every chance he can get to disearn it, and he's going to keep acting like an ass for as long as he thinks he can get away with it.

...does nobody else understand what I'm trying to say here?

Feb 9, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
Kageryushin said:
You don’t have a freaking story, at least one not thoroughly explored well enough within the demo.

Ahh, just [edit] you! It is enough, can't you read? I DID say I have a story.

DoubleThink said:

I do.

andwhyisit said:
I forgot to work on the roc alpha designs today. Sorry sp. :D

No problem.

Kageryushin said:
Are you really so sure? If there was reason enough to ban me, it would have happened already. The “trolling in the past” obviously wasn’t. It won’t help you. Considering this, among other points that have been already made, this is just an empty threat.

Hahaha, o'rly?
This is a PM:

SkyeWelse said:
Do you still think I need to ban Kageryushin or has he calmed down.

Actually I saved your ass, because I wasn't saying "Ban him.".

Feb 9, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Hahaha, o'rly?
This is a PM:

Actually I saved your ass, because I wasn't saying "Ban him.".

lol :D .

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM
Justin-chan
Do I get paid in sex?
UNF UNF UNF
Yes. Because people don't heed his advice, the trolling started. Hell, he came off pretty kind now that I return to read his posts. :/ But you guys pretty much treated it as trolling. D: Thats not cool. Then again... No one said it was... D:
I'm fairly certain he isn't possessed because if he was, he would be hanging out with zombies and the cool kids in the cemetary rather than the internet.
Ask your parents why did they give birth to you out of the many other babies waiting to be borned. Do they have an answer? No. Well, they may have one, but its probably a fake one. Or, definitely... :/ And last I heard, people can't live on the Moon and Mars yet, so go rush the people working on that project, and maybe Kageryushin can move to one of those destinations. But all that'd do is change your post to "What on Mars/the Moon is a person like you doing on Mars/the Moon!?!
I defend Kageryushin because no-one else will
brb emoing
Back. I don't. I'm usually tl;dr type. olololololohsnaps.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:

I defend Kageryushin because no-one else will and also because I prefer there to be two sides to every story. I have done the same with just about every non-Kageryushin argument apart from the "Cave Story and Earth's timeline" argument.[/OFFTOPIC]

To sp: I forgot to work on the roc alpha designs today. Sorry sp. :D

Erm. Please link me just ONE post that Kageryushin made that has words of praises in it.

Back