• Somewhere in this year.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Next year I suppose.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • When it's done.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • I don't know just, please finish it! ;__; PLEASE!

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • OMFG JUST SHUT THE [EDIT] UP AND FINISH YOUR [EDITING] DEMO FOR SH*T!

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
Oct 21, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Im not sure but maybe I'm going to continue Cave Story 2, so I use one set in Cave Story 2 and one in Cave Story 3 :3

jcys810: Yesh, you said "Alien bat" and I thought "Alien bat? Well okay then a alien bat...". :D

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:31 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
At least mine is gonna be useful... Somewhat...

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Im not sure but maybe I'm going to continue Cave Story 2, so I use one set in Cave Story 2 and one in Cave Story 3 :3

jcys810: Yesh, you said "Alien bat" and I thought "Alien bat? Well okay then a alien bat...". :(
But which bat sprites do you want it to replace? Plantation bats (black), Grasstown bats (also black), or Red bats for either Doctor fight, Last Cave? First Cave bats (blue) have already been used for the jellyfish.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Hoxtilicious
I don't know, maybe I'm going to use alien bat for one area and for other areas the jellyfish, for example dangerous route would be perfect for the alien bat ;P

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I don't know, maybe I'm going to use alien bat for one area and for other areas the jellyfish, for example dangerous route would be perfect for the alien bat ;P
Well there are different variations of the bat so maybe you want the Plantation bats that fly around and swoop at you, but are they tied to the movements of orange bell?

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Ma Cuttlenon. :(
squid.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:12 AM
Justin-chan
andwhyisit said:
Ma Cuttlenon
Epic. I am better with bigger sprites that have more shading. Its a real b1tch to shade something simplistically. Ah well, might as well post my try.

S.P. also asked for a couple more monsters on MSN like changing the blue critter into a small dragon. My alien cuttlefish looked more like a bug. o.o No where as good as yours.
MonsterSet_1.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jcys810 said:
Epic. I am better with bigger sprites that have more shading. Its a real b1tch to shade something simplistically. Ah well, might as well post my try.

S.P. also asked for a couple more monsters on MSN like changing the blue critter into a small dragon. My alien cuttlefish looked more like a bug. o.o No where as good as yours.
https://andwhyisit.bugsiteguardian.com/cstsf/broken6/MonsterSet_1.gif
Thanks.

I'll work on the bat before I start on the dragon, but your dragon looks cool.

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:28 AM
Justin-chan
andwhyisit said:
Thanks.

I'll work on the bat before I start on the dragon, but your dragon looks cool.
lol thanks. She also wanted the giant Pignon to be a giant alien cuttlefish, but I made it a giant alien bug instead. o.o And the grave keeper was supposed to be some kind of alien commander/general. Ma Pignon is supposed to be a different colored alien cuttlefish. Bat was supposed to be alien jellyfish, but I made it an alien bat instead. o.o

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:48 PM
Hoxtilicious
You people don't help me too much with just making the same enemies and sprite sheets, because then I have to choose one sheet and I don't want, you both are good at spriting ;P

Why not working together somehow, or both work on totally different sets? :D
For example I need someone to make the armor gaudi a dark blue ninja. The Fire Whirr could be a red dragon with two heads one at the top and one at the bottum :D

andwhyisit, are you good at tilesets? Or better/faster than me? Because jcys810 I'm better than him in tilesets :/ But I'm not too good and also I'm not too fast XD

And maybe the Grasstown flying Critters/Giant Critters with a flying Scarabeus bug.

Oct 22, 2007 at 6:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Tilesets?
Well, I made this one yesterday. It's probably not that great, and it's probably not what you're looking for, but take a look anyway:

diph.php

It looks like this ingame:
diph.php

Please don't use this one, it's going to play a major role in my mod. However, if you like it, then I can most likely do another one specifically for Crowned Witch.

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Hoxtilicious
Looks nice ;P
Would be cool if you could do this for me, what about a tileset, which is water themed but also technical?

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:49 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
A good idea for the technical part is to have a glass window that takes up most of the wall with water behind it, like a giant tank.

I will finish with the cuttlenons. :D

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Cuttlenons:
cuttlenon.gif

big.gif

S. P. Gardebiter said:
For example I need someone to make the armor gaudi a dark blue ninja. The Fire Whirr could be a red dragon with two heads one at the top and one at the bottum :D
I will have trouble with the ninja, are you able to sprite it?

jcys810 said:
Epic. I am better with bigger sprites that have more shading. Its a real b1tch to shade something simplistically.
I have a way in which we can work together on this, I am not all that great at large sprites and you are good at large sprites, I am good at small sprites and you are not as good at small sprites, so we could do it that way, I do small sprites you do big sprites.

Samurai Frog (from pixel's unused monster sprites) needs to go in the mod cause it looks awesome.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
And maybe the Grasstown flying Critters/Giant Critters with a flying Scarabeus bug.
A dung beetle? I don't get it, why not use Beetle or Basu as the base and replace those?

EDIT: Can't do the dragon either, alright dung beetle it is. :D

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:14 AM
Justin-chan
Gyro said:
Tilesets?
Well, I made this one yesterday. It's probably not that great, and it's probably not what you're looking for, but take a look anyway:

diph.php

It looks like this ingame:
diph.php

Please don't use this one, it's going to play a major role in my mod. However, if you like it, then I can most likely do another one specifically for Crowned Witch.
Your pipe thingys are pillow shaded. Thats a no-no because it lacks lightsource.
andwhyisit said:
https://andwhyisit.bugsiteguardian.com/cstsf/big.gif
Epic.
andwhyisitagain said:
I will have trouble with the ninja, are you able to sprite it?
NINJAAAAAAAA POWAAAAHHHHHZ~~~~~

I'll do it. For the sake of friendship and justice! Never underestimate the power of ninjazzzz~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shit, I did it again.
andwhyisitagainandagain said:
I have a way in which we can work together on this, I am not all that great at large sprites and you are good at large sprites, I am good at small sprites and you are not as good at small sprites, so we could do it that way, I do small sprites you do big sprites.
Yosha, okay.

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:49 AM
Justin-chan
I can't do the dungbeetle, I did the ninja.
diph.php

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
jcys810 said:
Your pipe thingys are pillow shaded. Thats a no-no because it lacks lightsource..

Thanks for the advice.

I didn't say that it was a WIP, which was probably a bad idea.

Just FYI, I'd never consider myself anything close to an artist. I'm more of a programmer who can make somewhat-less-sucky programmer art than most.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jcys810 said:
I can't do the dungbeetle, I did the ninja.
diph.php
Don't worry about the dung beetle, I've got that one.

The glowing eyes are awesome.. who am kidding, the ninja as a whole is awesome. :D Though you may have forgotten to sprite the death animation.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM
Justin-chan
Ah right. Those. I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. Damn, my computer restarted and refused to come back on. So I had to get into Safe Mode, do a System Restore, to a point where some of my data was gone. -_-" At least no spritework was gone. =D

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Justin-chan
I got lazy.
diph.php