• Somewhere in this year.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Next year I suppose.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • When it's done.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • I don't know just, please finish it! ;__; PLEASE!

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • OMFG JUST SHUT THE [EDIT] UP AND FINISH YOUR [EDITING] DEMO FOR SH*T!

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
Oct 23, 2007 at 9:50 AM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
jcys810 said:
I got lazy.
diph.php
But the effect works very well.

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:20 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
But the effect works very well.
Why thank you. :>

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:06 PM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dung Beetle.
poo.gif

This is not my best work but I'll get over it. It is hard to sprite a standing up dung beetle.

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:48 PM
Hoxtilicious
Cuttlenons is a awesome name ;P

Also you're awesome at making enemies X3

Thank you very much, you guys! :D I owe you much.
So noone wants the dragon? :D

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:58 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
You guys are way too good at making these enemies. :D

I can do it, but isn't there limits on the space and colors you can use?

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:06 PM
Hoxtilicious
No there isn't. :D

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:00 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:

Well I could only use a few colors when I was editing.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Actually, make that a definite. :D

I really liked the lightning strike spawns in your game by the way.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:12 PM
Hoxtilicious

This is mainly because the bitmaps are saved as a 16 colour or a 256 colour bitmap.

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:43 PM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Cuttlenons is a awesome name ;P

Also you're awesome at making enemies X3

Thank you very much, you guys! :D I owe you much.
So noone wants the dragon? :(
We have an agreement, jcys810 does large sprites and I do small ones with the occasional exception, so jcys810 would have the job of doing the dragon, I tried doing it ..and failed. I am somewhat good at making a large sprite from a small one though. It is hard to make the flying animation with just two looping frames.

I figured that the dung beetles should throw poo, so...
throwpoo.gif

S. P. Gardebiter said:

I didn't know that, I just worked with the colours that were available in the original bitmap files since I was worried about how the game reads the new file back in, but I will most likely continue doing it that way because it is easier, even though I could change it at any time. :D

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:40 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Hey are all these new sprites going to be in the next release of Cave Story 3 (Kinda lame question but... These sprites in a game will be just too great)? If so then it'll be really awesome ^^.

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:08 AM
andwhyisit Online
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
Hey are all these new sprites going to be in the next release of Cave Story 3 (Kinda lame question but... These sprites in a game will be just too great)? If so then it'll be really awesome ^^.
They are going to be in the game.

Bekefel said:
You guys are way too good at making these enemies. :D

I can do it, but isn't there limits on the space and colors you can use?
Welcome aboard. :D

To SP: Since I can't do the dragon is there anything else I can do in the meantime. Actually, can you possibly create a list of what sprites need to be made along with the sprites they are to replace.

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Justin-chan
Well, not exactly good. But I tried to make it a little glowy inside. :/ I didn't really understand by a fire dragon. :/
MonsterSet_2.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Well, not exactly good. But I tried to make it a little glowy inside. :/ I didn't really understand by a fire dragon. :/
MonsterSet_2.gif

OMG COOL!!!

This makes me extremely eager to be the first one to get the next release ^^

keep it up guys!

Sorry though I can't help... I sitll don't understand how to edit the .pbm files without casuing an error message to appear -_-"

Oct 24, 2007 at 8:51 AM
Justin-chan
Open up your Hex Editor (XVI32 is what I use, can be downloaded from Beginner's Help topic). Search for the string, (C)Pixel, replace it with 00's. Do not replace the (C)Pixel area, replace it in the area with numbers. And you are done. Now you can use your own sprites in the game. Also, if you want to edit a .pbm file, open it up with MSPaint, copy and paste it into a new Paint document (So that your pallette will NOT be limited).

Oct 24, 2007 at 8:54 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Open up your Hex Editor (XVI32 is what I use, can be downloaded from Beginner's Help topic). Search for the string, (C)Pixel, replace it with 00's. Do not replace the (C)Pixel area, replace it in the area with numbers. And you are done. Now you can use your own sprites in the game. Also, if you want to edit a .pbm file, open it up with MSPaint, copy and paste it into a new Paint document (So that your pallette will NOT be limited).

So... I open what up with the Hex Editor? The .exe file or the .pbm file. And if its the .pbm file then do I delete the (C)Pixel string BEFORE editing or AFTER. And do I still need to add a (C)Pixel string at the bottom of my file after editing the .pbm file?

And after I copya nd paste it into a new pain document then does that mean that I can use any colour I want? And do I save it as 16 colours or...

Also, what kind of file do I save it as? My paint can only save it as a .bmp not a .pbm file. Help please ><"

Wow my head is bursting with questions and the FAQs don't seem to have the capacity to answer them all :D

I really wanna help T_T

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:05 AM
Justin-chan
So... I open what up with the Hex Editor? The .exe file or the .pbm file. And if its the .pbm file then do I delete the (C)Pixel string BEFORE editing or AFTER. And do I still need to add a (C)Pixel string at the bottom of my file after editing the .pbm file?
Open Doukutsu.exe with the Hex Editor. Delete the (C)Pixel string from it. And you don't have to do anything to the .pbm files.
And after I copya nd paste it into a new pain document then does that mean that I can use any colour I want? And do I save it as 16 colours or...
Yes, you can use any colours you want. Save it as 24-bitmap or 16-bitmap. I save it as a 24-bitmap, not sure whether the others are okay, but well, 16 should be alright.
Also, what kind of file do I save it as? My paint can only save it as a .bmp not a .pbm file. Help please ><"
Save it as a .bmp. Then rename your file to whatever.pbm, substitute whatever into the filename. >.<
Wow my head is bursting with questions and the FAQs don't seem to have the capacity to answer them all
lol. Thats what happened to me in the beginning, S.P. helped me out alot though. Thats why I'm helpinng her back. =D

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:17 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Open Doukutsu.exe with the Hex Editor. Delete the (C)Pixel string from it. And you don't have to do anything to the .pbm files.

Yes, you can use any colours you want. Save it as 24-bitmap or 16-bitmap. I save it as a 24-bitmap, not sure whether the others are okay, but well, 16 should be alright.

Save it as a .bmp. Then rename your file to whatever.pbm, substitute whatever into the filename. >.<

lol. Thats what happened to me in the beginning, S.P. helped me out alot though. Thats why I'm helpinng her back. =D

Cute userpic ^^

Erm could you send me your .exe that has the (C)Pixel String deleted from it already please? When I remove the (C)Pixel String from it and I try to save it over the original .exe, It gives me this:

Error writing
Doukutsu.exe
Error 5: File access denied

Thanks for your help so far. I still need a bit more help please ^^

Edit - I FIXEd IT NVM THANKS! OMFG THIS IS SO COOL! ^^ Does the bitmap have to be a particular size for it to work?

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:21 AM
Justin-chan
Does the bitmap have to be a particular size for it to work?
I don't think so. I think you should just use an existing base and just box it up.

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
I don't think so. I think you should just use an existing base and just box it up.

Omg its not working ><

I copied and pasted it into a new Paint doc

I named it the same way and added a .pbm at the end of the file name

I saved it as a .bmp file 24-bit bitmap

I removed the (C)Pixel string in the .exe

What else? :D

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:45 AM
Justin-chan
What is the filename? ___.pbm or ___.bmp.pbm? And what do you mean by its not working?