Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Jan 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
EnlightenedOne said:
No, It's possible (and I'm not being sarcastic either).

If you are still stuck in the Unspoken room, all you have to do is restart the exe after closing it. The save file isn't overwritten, but rather in a loop until you turn off the game and play it again later.

If that doesn't work, then I probably messed something up.
Thank you!

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Ultrasyther said:
Thanks for taking my criticisms in stride

What I meant with the whole veil thing is that bad development can only be covered by so much before it just needs to be fixed. Speaking of which, are you actively working on this? Because if you are, you should probably iron out some things (Artificial difficulty). If you aren't that's okay I guess. Also, you kinda referenced it with the whole sandcrocs thing (though thats just nit-picking) so there were other places and it got crazy in some places, Grasslands just seemed ludicrous. For a first mod, good job.
No… It's honestly not in active development at the moment, I guess a small hiatus?

I feel ashamed that it's starting to look like another canceled mod. I want to finish it. I have the ideas and knowledge to do it. But it's gotten so cumbersome to go through such a silly idea.

So yah… small hiatus on development, but definitely not canceled.

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Is the chest in the start room supposed to open? because it won't.

the one behind the polar star breaking block thing.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:21 AM
No, it is supposed to temporarily delete the map tiles. You can't actually get any items from it.

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:22 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ah, just found out that when I put the mod on my PSP I compressed the wrong files. Also
Is it intentional to have the game freeze when entering egg 10 or is did I mess up again?

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:02 AM
??? wait.

Why is my top post on page 26 suddenly cut off… I swear I would have fixed that if I saw it after posting it, unless it deleted itself afterwards. (I don't think that's even possible.)

ShinigamiMachine said:
Ah, just found out that when I put the mod on my PSP I compressed the wrong files. Also
Is it intentional to have the game freeze when entering egg 10 or is did I mess up again?
If you are referring to my "CavernTale.psp" file… it's fake… There is only a windows port and the rest were very obvious jokes that people fell for ( and I thought I addressed it earlier but for some reason that explantation is missing)

And no, Egg No. 10 is not supposed to crash. It should work fine considering that Bombchu did a LP of the latest version, and it worked as intended.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM
While I already think Spur is too overrated, I play this mod and...
To say the least, I find the way you downplay MachineGun/Snake and overplay the Spur is DISGUSTING! Sorry if I sound too strong, but I really feel that way. Please change it at once. Otherwise...
I'll think of this mod as very bad.

Also, there are various spelling mistakes in the mod, maybe you should go over the script once. For example, "You here a call being made...", etc.
Although it's not very important, it makes it look unprofessional.

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Please change it at once. Otherwise...
I'll think of this mod as very bad.
Are you fucking serious
Enlightened can make his mod however he wants. Don't tell someone to change their mod to meet your ideals, that's bullshit. I haven't played this mod but I can guarantee that whatever he says about the snake and machine gun is not rude enough to warrant him having to change it.

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM
While what happens with the MachineGun/Snake is very rude, I was merely voicing my opinion on a part of the mod which did not appeal to me, and therefore it may not appeal to other people like me. There's nothing wrong with giving suggestions to try to help improve a mod.

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
"Please change it at once" is not a suggestion, it's a demand
"Otherwise I'll think of this mod as very bad" is not a suggestion, it's a threat

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I fix all the spelling mistakes I can as I find them or as they are reported. Spelling has been painstaking to comb through without missing anything, so though it is obviously not perfect (as with many mods) I do what I can. Thank you for reporting that quote from what I'm assuming is from the Hermit's call, and if you have any other specific instance or areas you want me to recheck I'll do it.

And regarding the Polar Star trade-ins, I thought through when carefully designing the new weapon system, so I'm afraid that a major change on their principles isn't going to be something I want (not because of laziness or spite, but because of how they are ironically hampered).

I won't spoil the details of how they are changed (for those considering the mod), but the Machine Gun and Snake, though flipped so that their strengths in the original become their weakness in the mod, are given extra damage values to balance things out a little. Plus, the system is altered so that you can acquire more weapons out of it, so you can have both the Snake and the Spur if you are attentive enough (so that one wouldn't feel completely at crossroads).

One thing I will give you though: The Spur is a bit unfair. Though I won't go reversing the surprise effects on the first two (other than maybe adding more damage to them), I'll probably lengthen the charge time and weaken the Spur damage, to balance it out a little in a planned bug-fix update.

It's a parody/comedy poking fun at the game, I never meant to offend fans of the original mechanics.

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM
MagicDoors said:
"Please change it at once" is not a suggestion, it's a demand
"Otherwise I'll think of this mod as very bad" is not a suggestion, it's a threat
Although it may seem that way, I didn't mean it like that. Sorry, I really should try to be less over-passionate about certain things.

(All that EnlightenedOne said, I don't know how to multi-quote across different pages)
Well, thanks for being so nice and kind! I'm sorry if I sounded mean earlier.

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Me gusta this mod.
Me gusta this mod.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM
​Well… This mod has come to the same fate as the many others.
​It is now announced, since 4:00 PST of April 1st, 2014, that this project is:
CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Some general reasons why "Cavern Tale" is canceled:
1. I feel like the mod is too simple, and not an accurate representation of my ability, in which I don't wish to completely redo it all.
2. I need the time to put effort on my new, less ambitious modding goals.
3. Most of the Ideas I had for the next couple of parts are being repurposed into my new mods, so you aren't missing great gameplay ideas and humor.
4. I don't even like humor all that much.
5. I'm pretty sure that Bombchu unintentionally stole my grand ending idea, because it sounds similar to my plans.
6. I would need to know proper ASM to program a giant Goddess Curly that rips up reality and goes after your soul (that was the ending idea)
​7. It doesn't make sense that Curly is secretly every single person in the mod, just messing with your head when you realize it's only you and an infinite amount of disguised her's.
8. I haven't been reading The Book of Mormon as regularly as I should.

​I'm still going to update this one last time to fix the various bugs and imbalances, but I'm almost sure that the story and content must stop at this point.
It had a good run, but I have to let it go. I'm still working on amazing mods though, so don't lose hope.

~Enlightened One, because "Nyreal" never did anything really.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
oh well, It was great while it lasted.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
*sigh* This is the least impressive April Fools joke yet...

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Thatnamelessguy said:
*sigh* This is the least impressive April Fools joke yet...
It's not a joke :( .

I'm not a guy who usually kids around IRL, honestly.

Goerge Bobicles said:
oh well, It was great while it lasted.
Yes it was. :o

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:45 AM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Oh, god, please be a joke...

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
If it isn't a joke - and I can see it not being one! - then I think it's fine. You put a lot of effort into it, but sometimes you just get to a point where something is more burdensome than fun. And you make a good point when you say that it isn't a good representation or practice for your modding ability. Really, it's fine.

I look forward to what you want to do in the future, whatever it is. :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:41 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I will miss this great mod, but at least it was a awesome one while it lasted.