Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
EnlightenedOne said:
... Do I have plans?...

Me, Nyreal... And a select few others (who aren't users of the tribute forums) know the master plan...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
BEST MOD EVER
PURE COMEDY GOLD
I LOVE IT!

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I daresay that this thing created on a blender is simply marvelous! Please keep up the good work, chap.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

Tpcool said:
I have to say, the dialogue was quite funny and had me laughing a lot of the time.
Mahin sending you to Hell, the press' in the Egg Corridor, the Door in Egg 00, and the destruction of the opening room
really caught me off guard, good job! I actually decided to stop playing after I finished the Egg Corridor because it's very monotonous playing the original Cave Story with only slightly edited maps and more enemies. I wish I could watch all of the cutscenes without having to actually play the game. I'm sure most others don't mind though, just I'm particularly exhausted with playing almost-vanilla Cave Story. I've found many minor errors and I've listed them below. There were definitely more than I listed, though.
I'm glad you liked it... I understand the originality is limited when it comes to the maps... they're pretty much the same except some stuff added here and there and more enemies all around...

I was contemplating doing an easy version where you don't have to spend as much time re-fighting everything... but that's probably not going to do a lot better... though I hope you somehow get to see the mod later ahead, egg corridor was okay, grass town was somewhat better, but without a doubt I think sand zone is the best and most original, most of the puppy locations are changed and their are several... lets say "walls"... that you have to overcome.
Tpcool said:
Problems:
-You don't need a profile.dat included in the download.
Darn... forgot to take it out when I uploaded the update to fix some bugs... I meant to delete that.

Tpcool said:
-Pesky Stumpy snuck up on me right after the cutscene ended.
Which cut scene? I might be able to fix it... maybe

Tpcool said:
-Isn't Kanpachi supposed to have a 't' in it somewhere? I thought it did, but the Tribute Site says otherwise.
I don't recall a "t" being in his name... but I'll recheck his dialogue later...

Tpcool said:
-Multiple spots where "your" should be "you're."
-"incrediblly" = "incredibly."

-"Appartment" = "Apartment."

-"Absolutly" = "Absolutely."

-Still more spelling errors, but I don't feel like writing them all down.

-Many grammar mistakes...
Sorry... Grammar is an enemy to me... but thanks for pointing them out, I can use booster's lab to search the script for the ones you listed..

Tpcool said:
-The "Pocket Saver" is much appreciated, but I'm sure it can be used to break the game very easily!
So you found the hidden debug items (well, I thought it was hidden)... I might have to take those out...

Tpcool said:
-The <MYB pushed me into the spike in the Shack, so you might want to move that spike over the left by one unit.
Awww... I already did... so Toroko must have fell pretty far to the left for that to still be a problem...

I'll look into it...

Thanks for pointing all of these out! At least they're mostly dialogue and not serious game play bugs... But I will fix what I can..

Sorry that you don't want to go through cave story again... maybe I could do something special for you...

Parkraft123 said:
BEST MOD EVER
PURE COMEDY GOLD

I LOVE IT!
Thank you for the support! (Though I actually like criticism so I can make it better)

And thanks Nachocheeser...

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'm liking this so far. The only thing is the godmodded Tokoro. Just...what

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Forever 12
EnlightenedOne said:
Thank you for the support! (Though I actually like criticism so I can make it better)
Your welcome,
and prepare yourself for some criticism.
1. Make king's apartment have multiple stories or parts of the building for other mimiga so that its an apartment, and not the same house as Arthur's.
2. Make Kazzy ( kazuma) wear a diaper!!!!!
3. This really isn't criticism, but did you put Dr.Seuss in your mod cause of that "You receive dr.seuss's brain" on that Insert x receive Y thread.

Other than making Sue less evil, good job :)

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
EnlightenedOne said:
Which cut scene? I might be able to fix it... maybe
Pretty much every cutscene in Mimiga Village. O_O

EnlightenedOne said:
I don't recall a "t" being in his name... but I'll recheck his dialogue later...
Like I said, I'm pretty unsure about this. Your guess is as good as mine.

EnlightenedOne said:
So you found the hidden debug items (well, I thought it was hidden)... I might have to take those out...
It wasn't really hard to find at all, to be honest. I can see someone overlooking it, but I'd say it's pretty obvious where it is.
EnlightenedOne said:
Sorry that you don't want to go through cave story again... maybe I could do something special for you...
I think that I might just use the Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer. You know, so I can get to the best parts of the mod without having to do all of the stuff I consider boring.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, I've played vanilla cave story so many times its boring for me as well :p

Hopefully as Enlightened and I make progress on the mod, it will become more exciting :)

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Attheshows said:
I'm liking this so far. The only thing is the godmodded Tokoro. Just...what
Godmodded? I don't think that's a word... Perhaps explain...

Parkraft123 said:
Your welcome,
and prepare yourself for some criticism.
1. Make king's apartment have multiple stories or parts of the building for other mimiga so that its an apartment, and not the same house as Arthur's.
That's actually not a bad idea! We will see...
Parkraft123 said:
2. Make Kazzy ( kazuma) wear a diaper!!!!!
No. I'm not that cruel...
Parkraft123 said:
3. This really isn't criticism, but did you put Dr.Seuss in your mod cause of that "You receive dr.seuss's brain" on that Insert x receive Y thread.
Nope... It was there long before that...(plus I think I brought it up in the first place... With the akinator thing...)
Parkraft123 said:
Other than making Sue less evil,
No way in hell I'm making her less evil... If the Chef is actually a good man, then who is going to take over the world?

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Forever 12
wait? The chefs a good man???
Sorry I didn't realize that.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Parkraft123 said:
wait? The chefs a good man???
Sorry I didn't realize that.
Pretty much... the only thing is that his delicacies... may have some undesired side effects on mimiga's...

You have to remember that we have a lot of ideas for the rest of the game... so you guys won't get the whole plotline just from this demo.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
THIS

IS

AWESOME

Sorry it took me so long to actually play the game, I laughed lots and it was tons of fun.

my favorite part was

finding out that sue was evil and also thw whole cutscene with king and the doctor in the sand zone shack. :p

I did find one bug though, I went back to the resivour after I got the machine gun and flew up to the entrance, but I couldn't enter it.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Bombchu Link said:
THIS

IS

AWESOME

Sorry it took me so long to actually play the game, I laughed lots and it was tons of fun.
Well thanks! Its nice to know that people think its funny (and that I'm not just a crazy person...)

Bombchu Link said:
I did find one bug though, I went back to the resivour after I got the machine gun and flew up to the entrance, but I couldn't enter it.
Intentional... The room that it will lead to is not completed... (Perhaps I should add a message... didn't think that someone would go up there with the machine gun...)

Alpha-2 should have that door lead to a room... but It's probably going to be similar to Ma Pigmon's room, where it's useless until your needed there.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Well thanks! Its nice to know that people think its funny (and that I'm not just a crazy person...)

Intentional... The room that it will lead to is not completed... (Perhaps I should add a message... didn't think that someone would go up there with the machine gun...)

Alpha-2 should have that door lead to a room... but It's probably going to be similar to Ma Pigmon's room, where it's useless until your needed there.
I also went up to the hermit gunsmith, and he apparently. . . died?

so. . . no spur? (assuming that Quote is a dummy and leaves it in the chest)

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Bombchu Link said:
I also went up to the hermit gunsmith, and he apparently. . . died?

so. . . no spur? (assuming that Quote is a dummy and leaves it in the chest)
...I don't know... That was originally a joke to replace the "Out" message when you go up there early...

I think he'll be alive when you come back with the booster...

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Aar Online
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I love you.
Thank you for bringing this to our community.
Bless you.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Coming out with a mac port via wine soon guys

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Nyreal said:
Coming out with a mac port via wine soon guys
You should let me fix the problems that Tpcool pointed out before you do anything like that.

And why bother with Wine? Even if its ported well it would most likely become a huge file.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah well for people who don't want to go through the trouble of launching a separate windows program launcher like crossover, I'm sure they would be happy to download that big file so they can easily launch the application

I will wait then for you to fix the bugs though

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
"Huzzah!"
I'm absolutely LOVING this mod so far! Thank you for making this!