Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hey, I tried playing this mod on my computer and it would delete the executable file for having some sort of virus.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
TLincoln said:
Hey, I tried playing this mod on my computer and it would delete the executable file for having some sort of virus.
I'm sure that it is not a problem with the actual executable, but rather the reputation, or lack of, regarding any new mods and software. My full response on your mostly unneeded concerns lies below:
Could I perhaps have a little bit more of an explanation? What antivirus and browser do you have? What type of problem did it say it contained? And what links did you download from? (And have you tried the mirror if you haven't?)

For what I know, Chrome and other software often regards any and every new mod posted here as dangerous because only 20-ish people have downloaded it before, and since the count would never in anyone's dreams climb up to the thousands that these programs think is acceptable for good reputation, they will always be flagged. It's not just this mod, I have seen many threads where users point out the same thing, often with the same anti-software, and all of them were safe (except for that one guy, but that time our anti-viruses had all pointed out actual injustices.)

I don't wish to condone anti-malware services, an idiot would permanently disable them because of this pretty useful feature, and I'm 99.3% sure that my links are safe from any problems, but you yourself make the choice, not I.

From somewhere... A transmission...
~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - Did you think this was dead?- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~​
~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - Like others, work one day and abandon the next. - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~​
~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - A broken vessel still waiting for it's golden glory! - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~​
Or was I simply amongst the shadows? The quiet one, crazed in the mind, waiting for the moment...
*Boom.*
Sirens wailing. People running. Everyone can not comprehend.
I laugh, for this is only a mere distraction.
Come deeper
Deeper still, young one.
No one will help you see the truth.
Even the ones dearest to me, they think they know what lies ahead.
Wrong again, hero.
Not
A
Single
Person
Truly
Understands
What
I
Have
Created.
  • In this part you laugh... Hehe... Balrog is fancy in this little trinket of a mod.
  • This part, just released, makes you ask questions... Who is the one?
  • This part you cry, again of laughter. Haha... How many hours did I spend making this one joke.
  • In this part.... I break your mind. And you will not want it fixed, I'll tell you.
So, what will you find out in this latest of an installment?
Will the humble Booster be able to stop Sue's hunger for pure firepower?
What in Pixel's name happened back there with Dr. Gero?
Will curly succeed in throwing the biggest rave held on the island, while raising money?
Psst, that last question was a Weblink that's clickable.

It all depends on what you choose to believe? Is comedy all I'm after, or is something brewing amongst shadows.

Download the first 2 parts from Dropbox.
Download from the Mediafire mirror.

TL;DR: Why do you follow things?

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I use Chrome for the browser (though it gives me the option to keep some files that may seem dangerous). It doesn't say anything about something bad in the mod, but when I open the .exe file, my Norton 360 removes the file due to a bad reputation. Same thing occurred when I downloaded from the mirror link.

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Yay! Part 2 is released!

Did you add anything important that I should see or is it just some typo fixes from the last beta you gave me?

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Thanks Dunc, you took the words right out of me.

And Bombchu, it's all fixes and one or two minor things I tested myself.

*losing the cryptic wording of the OP*
To everyone reading: Bombchu did many great things, from helping with ASM improvements to finding a jaw-dropping amount of bugs... Without him this mod would literally be corrupted with fatal crashes due some random problem that occurred on me, so you can equally thank him for making this random project come again with new content.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Thanks Dunc, you took the words right out of me.

And Bombchu, it's all fixes and one or two minor things I tested myself.

*losing the cryptic wording of the OP*
To everyone reading: Bombchu did many great things, from helping with ASM improvements to finding a jaw-dropping amount of bugs... Without him this mod would literally be corrupted with fatal crashes due some random problem that occurred on me, so you can equally thank him for making this random project come again with new content.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say "equally" but yeah, thanks for having me as your primary beta tester.

Now, with that aside...

LET THE CHAOS / INSANITY / UBER-TASTIC-NESS BEGIN!

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I can escape the unspoken room.

Right??

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Parkraft123 said:
I can escape the unspoken room.

Right??
Depends...

Are you willing to take a few minutes off the computer, thinking about why things happen, before coming back with new vigor to play.

Who's knows, maybe it will solve itself once you come back. Depends on not what you do with the controls in game, but what you want in your mind.

(Yes, you can, easily.)

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Forever 12
I got out of the unspoken room, and i got the cure all. But curly is not in the camp! Can I have some help, is this a bug?

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Parkraft123 said:
I got out of the unspoken room, and i got the cure all. But curly is not in the camp! Can I have some help, is this a bug?
She isn't in there? That's a pretty big glitch to have been missed if it's truly how you describe it, not quite sure on how that's possible unless you must have some whacked up flag data in your save.

I'll look into it, cause if she isn't in the camp, on your back, or in the boulder chamber (in that order) then yes that is the most defiant bug to have escaped our radar.

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Fatih120 said:
Huh? How do I escape the unspoken room? Do I have to kill Gero?

Maybe a break will refresh your mind, return young one again to the game with a clear mind and you will be able to solve the puzzle much more easily.

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It is impossible to kill him.
You have to restart the mod by pressing Esc the F1.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Quote hell master said:
It is impossible to kill him.
You have to restart the mod by pressing Esc the F1.
No, that does not work, (I can guarantee that) one must leave the computer and refresh their mind for a while...

Then the answer will become clear, (it would do your eyes a good thing as well)

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Forever 12
EnlightenedOne said:
She isn't in there? That's a pretty big glitch to have been missed if it's truly how you describe it, not quite sure on how that's possible unless you must have some whacked up flag data in your save.

I'll look into it, cause if she isn't in the camp, on your back, or in the boulder chamber (in that order) then yes that is the most defiant bug to have escaped our radar.
Ill restart. Besides, I was hacking.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Oct 12, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Fatih120 said:
But I don't wanna reset all my data! D:
No one needs to reset any data (unless you hacked your save... Then that could be a definite problem).
Okay... Let's get some things straight...

Fatih, are you still trying to leave the unspoken room? Or are you experiencing the problem with Curly disappearing?