Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Probably.

...that's actually kind of a cool nickname for the thing. :p

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Connorses said:
Welp I just tried out this mod and I got as far as Egg Corridor and even managed to get the extra capsule in Egg No. 10!
...But then I died at the hands of the lightning puppy at the bottom (yes that's it's nickname) so I'll have to get it again...
ANYways this is fantastic so far, so, I'll let you know when I've finished what is there already.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

...And I hope you like the rest of it as well (in my opinion the sand zone is the best part so far... but of course I've learned a few new things for the next release).

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Vinnis said:
I CAN'T BEAT IT
PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF, WHY CAN'T YOU BEAT IT?

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
EnlightenedOne said:
PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF, WHY CAN'T YOU BEAT IT?
He hasn't played games like mega man and therefore doesn't understand the terms of proper difficulty.
in other words.
"I CAN'T BEAT IT!" ain't good enough.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:47 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Oh so that's his name. Basil. He's even on the monster list... You learn something new every day.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:47 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Aug 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Guys, guys... C'mon. I don't even know why we are talking about MegaMan anyways...

And Vinnis, would you mind taking a breath and telling me WHY you can't beat it? It doesn't help when every single post you make is in caps lock and only 3-8 words long.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Guys, guys... C'mon. I don't even know why we are talking about MegaMan anyways...

And Vinnis, would you mind taking a breath and telling me WHY you can't beat it? It doesn't help when every single post you make is in caps lock and only 3-8 words long.
He is refering to "I Can't Defeat Air Man", a meme that refers to Mega Man 2, saying that this game is impossible to beat in a joking matter (probably).
You should get into Mega Man anyway. It's fun. Start with 2 first, since the first is incredibly difficult.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Why is nobody talking about RockuMan anymoe?!?!?!?

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
metalsonic71 said:
Why is nobody talking about RockuMan anymoe?!?!?!?
Because you either spelled Rockman wrong or Rokkuman wrong. Now let's stop before we get too off topic.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM
My deepest apologies,
This is what we mean by not beating it.
p167659-0-capture.png

It's the price to pay for not keeping your save file. hehe.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:10 AM
metalsonic71 said:
Oh noes... Apparently I'm not allowed to wall up the original pathway if I place an alternate route that leads to the same area, and make it somewhat hidden (though maybe it's too hidden).

Don't be afraid to give me feedback guys, did I make something too hard? Is something not hard enough? Am I trying too hard? Etc...

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I think you should make your mod harder, intentionally harder, difficulty is all up to you and your buddy.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
metalsonic71 said:
I think you should make your mod harder, intentionally harder, difficulty is all up to you and your buddy.
It progresses into a steady difficulty curve, but don't worry. I'm SURE that NO ONE will have trouble taking down Monster-X... It's totally impossible to die a billion more times like you did for the original game when you first played it. Trust me when I say... It's painfully easy. *wink*

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
It progresses into a steady difficulty curve, but don't worry. I'm SURE that NO ONE will have trouble taking down Monster-X... It's totally impossible to die a billion more times like you did for the original game when you first played it. Trust me when I say... It's painfully easy. *wink*
Oh boy...

W-will it be harder then a 3 HP r-run?

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Bombchu Link said:
Oh boy...

W-will it be harder then a 3 HP r-run?
No, but it did take me like 7 test-runs to finally find a working strategy and defeat him (I placed the save point much closer though, so you don't have to always start at the asylum Clinic).

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM
p167665-0-forenlightened.png

Probably useless.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:58 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okaaay I was just in the Egg Corridor and I collected some health capsules, lowered the shield, saved my game in the computer room and realized I was down to 16 bullets because I was playing the same way I do with regular Cave Story. I could not seem to get back to the start to reach Arthur's apartment. Then I realized that I had to have ammo left by the time I reached Cthulu's room or I couldn't destroy those block things to climb up to the door to get back on the left side. It is kind of my fault that I used up 384 bullets but that shouldn't mean I have to be stuck here.

EDIT: I could post the save file if anybody wants a challenge.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Connorses said:
Okaaay I was just in the Egg Corridor and I collected some health capsules, lowered the shield, saved my game in the computer room and realized I was down to 16 bullets because I was playing the same way I do with regular Cave Story. I could not seem to get back to the start to reach Arthur's apartment. Then I realized that I had to have ammo left by the time I reached Cthulu's room or I couldn't destroy those block things to climb up to the door to get back on the left side. It is kind of my fault that I used up 384 bullets but that shouldn't mean I have to be stuck here.

EDIT: I could post the save file if anybody wants a challenge.
...I thought I put a refill station somewhere, maybe I never ended up actually doing that.

So you have 16 polar star bullets and you're in the observation room? There might be a way to cross the gap in cthulhu's without entering the building... So I'd love to see this save (or maybe I'll just remake it myself) so I can try myself in making it back.

Also, I have a stash of saves from almost anypoint in the demo, but it's also easy for you to just hack more ammo into your profile.

Fatih120 said:
About that snaphot-thingy room. What does it do and how does it change?
Basically it tells me how many secrets you found, what weapons you have (due to trades), what choices you made, so that I know in what ways people play the game.

The NPC's don't mean a lot to you, but to me I can see how people are playing my mod, so that I can adjust in the future versions.