Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Mod (CANCELLED)

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:48 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hey, these sprites look really good, Polaris. Thank you for your time in making them! :) I'll be sure to put them in the mod so it'll be worth your time.

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:51 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Thank you! I'm happy to have been of service. ~w~

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:55 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Man I can't wait for Famizone.
Its gonna be amazing.
also could i be someone pls ty

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:36 AM
War criminal
Okay, so I made an update to the OP, considering that it took me 2 1/2 months to finally make Bushlands/Grasstown beatable, I put in a section that shows how far progress is making the mod.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:01 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
TLincoln said:
Okay, so I made an update to the OP, considering that it took me 2 1/2 months to finally make Bushlands/Grasstown beatable, I put in a section that shows how far I am in PROGRESS (in relation to how much is done)
FTFY kind of

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:28 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I was hoping to use cave editor to get to the Bushlands/Grasstown. It's not there. Well played, TLincoln. Well played.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:26 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Of all the mods I could have played to break my long streak of not playing any mods, I had to just pick this one.

I've made a terrible mistake.

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
EnlightenedOne said:
Of all the mods I could have played to break my long streak of not playing any mods, I had to just pick this one.

I've made a terrible mistake.
It would be nice if you could actually explain what you mean by that. If you have criticism, share it! That's usually helpful.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:29 AM
Pretty much it just wasn't my cup of tea, and I probably should have just not dipped my feet into it from the beginning.

The Bad (Pretty much just personal nitpicks):
- At least from what I played, it was entirely sex jokes, and while I admit I am heavily biased against that I feel like at least it could use some balancing with other types of humor? I found it rather silly, twelvish even, those kind of half-laughs and all the while wondering "is that all this is?"
- Refusing to save in the first room and later dying soft-locks the game… but it's a trivial bug as restarting doesn't lose progress anyways.
- Inside Jokes. I have to guess this is all pretty much from Skype, so even though it is "Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Mod" I never understood what was happening, and I read almost everything on here.
- "Curiosity Killed the Cat"… yeah that made me decide to open the next mod and abandon this one. I can get by with the above but force player killing aren't even really funny.

The Good:
- I did laugh out loud with King's line regarding Bionicobot (replaced as Sue) as being "Not one of us."
- Overall it was a functional and bug-free playthrough and the map redesigns were natural enough.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM
thinks dogs are cool
EnlightenedOne said:
The Bad (Pretty much just personal nitpicks):
- At least from what I played, it was entirely sex jokes, and while I admit I am heavily biased against that I feel like at least it could use some balancing with other types of humor? I found it rather silly, twelvish even, those kind of half-laughs and all the while wondering "is that all this is?"
- Refusing to save in the first room and later dying soft-locks the game… but it's a trivial bug as restarting doesn't lose progress anyways.
- Inside Jokes. I have to guess this is all pretty much from Skype, so even though it is "Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Mod" I never understood what was happening, and I read almost everything on here.
- "Curiosity Killed the Cat"… yeah that made me decide to open the next mod and abandon this one. I can get by with the above but force player killing aren't even really funny.
I am almost 100% sure that you've never been in the "Official" CSTSF Skype Group, but to say it blatantly: it's called that for a reason.
Nonetheless, yes, almost every joke in the mod will probably be sex jokes, mainly because I doubt that Linc knows any good type of humours that are funny.

This mod should be changed to, as I've said before on Skype, the "12 Group Skype Mod", purely because ALMOST ALL OF THE JOKES ARE FROM SKYPE. LITERALLY. ALL OF THEM. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Curiosity Killed the Cat was removed, I thought. Hm.
Anyway, yeah. You seem to be reasonable, Enlightened.

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:08 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
EnlightenedOne said:
As someone in the Skype group I assure you that even if you were in it most of the things wouldn't make sense anyway; they sure as hell didn't to me.
The only one that I understood was the one about Spirit eating dicks, although that wasn't even in the Skype group, that was just part of a random test mod he sent me.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:17 AM
War criminal
Paths said:
Curiosity Killed the Cat was removed, I thought. Hm.
It's removed in the upcoming second demo.

As for the sex jokes, those are probably the only sex jokes in the mod. Zazuma will mostly stop being like that later on in the storyline.

I need to see what bug that is. Because I don't really know what bug that is.

And yeah, I think this mod should probably just be called SSR Revived because of the skype jokes. I am trying to read more from the forums, though (just not enough).

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:03 AM
I need to see what bug that is. Because I don't really know what bug that is.

And yeah, I think this mod should probably just be called SSR Revived because of the skype jokes. I am trying to read more from the forums, though (just not enough).

It you die without saving, the game starts but the player character doesn't exist.

Yeah, the original cave story is really weird regarding initial saves and stuff, I've encountered similar bugs in my own.

I think the easiest way to fix it is in the death script itself. Assuming you haven't edited it all that much from the vanilla game, at the end of the event is an arbitrary flag jump ("<FLJ"). Simply switch that to an event jump ("<EVE") so that it executes the <SMC<LDP event regardless of if there even is a save file, and that should fix it.

I am almost 100% sure that you've never been in the "Official" CSTSF Skype Group

Are you telling me I've been in three different Skype groups and none of them are/were real.

Do you guys change this stuff every month or something.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:14 AM
thinks dogs are cool
No, what I mean was that the 12 Skype Group is the one commonly advertised on the forums. I'm not saying that there aren't less eligible groups, but it's the main one and the biggest by far. (Maybe.)

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
Paths said:
No, what I mean was that the 12 Skype Group is the one commonly advertised on the forums. I'm not saying that there aren't less eligible groups, but it's the main one and the biggest by far. (Maybe.)
Well, there have been moments where the group has gotten so big that calling was temporarily disabled, so that's a thing.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM
It's not like I even open Skype on a regular basis, so really it doesn't matter if I'm in the group or not cause all I would do is take up the space (which is why I was removed a few months back).

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
TLincoln said:
PS - Asking for a part won't exactly get you anywhere. There can be so many character roles within the mod, and the list is pretty much already full. This isn't Smash Bros.
Aww...oh well. I'd be fine if I was a cameo, but then again I'm not known for anything in particular. XD

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM
War criminal
The second demo for CSTSF Mod is finally out! :D Here are the download links if you're too lazy to go to the first post in the thread:
TLincoln said:
I advise to not use your save file from the first demo, especially if you last saved in the demo end room.

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Minus some text that is the same, it is pretty good. What's the random coupon for, anyways?
Also...
I got a random glitch where Dark Quote just started the boss routine, not "Must... Destroy!" and the background thing from Yume Nikki. There should be no reason for this, the coding looks fine.
The bats still go backwards however.
(Also, Angel Quote's "thank you"... oh my gosh, that's actually really adorable.)
(ALSO also, "im not helpin yu go to the next levl witout sum mony" and "yu hav no frikn mony deadbat!" is correct Oreo, I believe...