Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Mod (CANCELLED)

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:06 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kayya said:
Minus some text that is the same, it is pretty good. What's the random coupon for, anyways?
Also...
I got a random glitch where Dark Quote just started the boss routine, not "Must... Destroy!" and the background thing from Yume Nikki. There should be no reason for this, the coding looks fine.
The bats still go backwards however.
(Also, Angel Quote's "thank you"... oh my gosh, that's actually really adorable.)
(ALSO also, "im not helpin yu go to the next levl witout sum mony" and "yu hav no frikn mony deadbat!" is correct Oreo, I believe...
The random coupon, it'll be revealed its purpose in a later demo. I kinda have some rather big plans for it. Hopefully not too big...
Also, did you die when facing Dark Quote the first time? I just remembered about the speed up part now that you mentioned anything about it. And also, the Yume Nikki background is kinda necessary to make the background separate itself from Dark Quote.

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:59 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
TLincoln said:
The random coupon, it'll be revealed its purpose in a later demo. I kinda have some rather big plans for it. Hopefully not too big...
Also, did you die when facing Dark Quote the first time? I just remembered about the speed up part now that you mentioned anything about it. And also, the Yume Nikki background is kinda necessary to make the background separate itself from Dark Quote.
Ah, okay.
No, actually.
And I mean, basically the game seemed to skip everything in event 510, which means the background never changed and it just only skipped to him activating the fight, leaving me absolutely unable to do anything, as if the event was still going. Which is weird, since there is nothing in the code that would cause that glitch to happen...

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:09 PM
War criminal

You checked the code and it didn't follow the <EVE0510 command? Hmm... I'm going to see if I can encounter that glitch myself. This is a new one for me.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
Wait a sec, I see a Guardevoir there!

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:24 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Most of the intended humor here comes from memes or inside jokes that are so good at being inside jokes that most people who play the mod don't know what they're referencing.
I seriously think the mod would benefit more from characters actually speaking like their real life member equivalents would.
Right now it looks like you're trying to get a fusion between Cave Story dialogue and the speech patterns of the members but it's just not working sometimes.
I didn't even know who King was supposed to be until Angel Quote said his name, and the only thing that felt distinctly "pummel-y" about him was the "0/10 IGN" joke which came out of nowhere.
Bionic never actually sounded like Bionic, even if he did things only he would. (The png joke was one of the few jokes I genuinely found really good) With other people's original characters like Zazuma or Angel Quote, I see no problem with it since they're characters who don't have distinctive speech patterns to base off of.
Noxid was probably the most faithful to how he sounds in real life, if only because of the really well timed "I don't care" line.
There were more than a handful of references I just didn't get, like the Flaccid Star, and apparently no one else I've asked seems to know what it's from.
I don't think I found a single sex joke amusing, if only because they were completely thrown in there for the sake of having a sex joke or something of the like.

There was also a gamebreaking glitch I encountered in famizone, where the eevee you get in Redd's house disappears when you exit it, making it impossible to deliver the last one to Schmitz.

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:58 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Uh so I played this mod a little and then I stopped out of lack of interest
I realized that the main reason I wasn't interested was because of the lack of significance most of the characters had
I mean who the fuck is Pummel and why is he King
Someone that people actually know should be a character as important as King
And then there's "Angel Quote". Angel Quote isn't even a character from a real mod or anything, he's just a thing that Kayya made and put into a mod she's making that she released a demo of once that wasn't even on the forums. No one is going to know who Angel Quote is. If you want to put in things that aren't as memorable they should be reserved for small cameos and such. Otherwise this will just seem like "Cave Story with characters replaced by other things" rather than "Cave Story with Forum Members".

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:26 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
also i am WAY out of character in this
i wouldn't say that eating dicks is disgusting
0/10

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:21 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I actually like the mod. I got the references, and I think that it could use a bit of work with making the characters more like themselves, but I really liked the different levels. So, I've been thinking of a rating system, and here is my opinion:

Level design: 13/15

Dialog: 8/10

Sprite design: 14/15

Music: 8/10 (Note: I know it just mostly uses Cave Story's music, but that boss music.)

Effort: 10/10

Fun: 15/15
Therefore, my final rating is: 68/75. Good job.

May 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM
Stoned Member
I would like to be in (That's not happening, I know how you people work.)

But we still need an entire area devoted to Shitposting and an area devoted to the early days of the internet *coughcoughnoxidlandcoughcough*

May 2, 2015 at 2:40 AM
Stoned Member
May 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This looks goddamn amazing, will play and rate 11/10

May 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
This is a big problem for me. I can't get the Eevee in left-down corner famizone area. Because i traded Flaccid Star with modified Machine Gun. Fix this.

May 4, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
The final boss should be the cave story dating simulator where you finally destroy it. Also there needs to be meme run references.

May 8, 2015 at 7:49 PM
War criminal
After 27 years of waiting, the vacation gods allowed me to go online just for today.
So I have an announcement to make. I'm still working on the update that fixes some of the stuff in the mod. I'll probably release it sometime this month. As long as I don't forget about it. Another thing I would like to say is that I'll be releasing a demo for CSTSF Mod this summer, but it won't be Demo 3. I'm thinking about cancelling the mod, not because it's bad, it could be a good mod under the right hands. My hands are too big to fit the gloves. I kinda now see why no one ever really finishes a Cave Story with *blank* references in it. It can get stale quickly.
Regardless of the announcements, let's see what's happened since I left.

QuoteHax said:
I would like to be in (That's not happening, I know how you people work.)
But we still need an entire area devoted to Shitposting and an area devoted to the early days of the internet *coughcoughnoxidlandcoughcough*

I would love to make an entire area devoted to shitposting, but I think a room based on the entire mod would be too big.

apis said:
This is a big problem for me. I can't get the Eevee in left-down corner famizone area. Because i traded Flaccid Star with modified Machine Gun. Fix this.

You need the Shotgun or the RPG to break the blocks or you can grind the Modified Machine Gun to level 3 so it can break the blocks. Maybe I should put in an EXP capsule to make things easier on the grinding part.

funwillfunwill said:
The final boss should be the cave story dating simulator where you finally destroy it. Also there needs to be meme run references.
Meme Run references, check.
Cave++ Dating Simulator, I kinda still want to play that game.

May 12, 2015 at 8:28 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
you should have *mumbles* as a final boss...

ALSO, seeing as how fantastic this mod appears to be (have not played it) someone is sure to come along and complete it. Perhaps even I, once I finish Warf Story and its... Well, I have plans for that mod.

May 13, 2015 at 12:07 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Zenix said:
you should have *mumbles* as a final boss...

ALSO, seeing as how fantastic this mod appears to be (have not played it) someone is sure to come along and complete it. Perhaps even I, once I finish Warf Story and its... Well, I have plans for that mod.
no one is going to get what you mean by "*mumbles*"
also by fantastic you mean fantastic right.
also please stop trying to sound super cryptic

May 13, 2015 at 1:10 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
*cough*sorry*cough*
I meant to say someone powerful. Almighty. A mod/admin, or several. A massive entity...
Or you. That works too .w.

May 13, 2015 at 2:59 AM
War criminal
The final boss is pretty obvious already a la Mint Story.

May 16, 2015 at 8:52 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
I got stuck on Egg Salad so I can't see my own house
0/10 needs to hint what the eggs you go in are