Cave Story - Redesign v0.50.6

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:30 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
just because someone's opinion doesn't line up with your own doesn't mean they are insane

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Does anyone know the current status of this mod?

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, the latest release was seven months ago, and Dubby's latest activity is four months ago, so at the moment, it does not appear to be active, and four months of inactivity isn't usually a good sign, so I'd say it would be safe to say this mod is on hold, if not abandoned. But people have returned from longer lasting periods of inactivity before, so this might not necessarily be considered abandoned. I wouldn't hold my breath for another release super soon if I were you though. Just my guess- I'm not Dubby, so I can't tell you for sure. But I believe that's the general consensus among those who have discussed this.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
not existing isn't though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I would say that the current status is either dead or abandoned.
But I don't really mind, since I disliked this poorly tested mod and all of its disgusting software bugs very much.

It's fine if you think this is the greatest mod EVAR, since that is your own personal opinion.
I have my own. All opinions are equally valid.
It just happens that my opinions are (quite often) more valid than opinions that disagree with mine. :pignon:

EDIT: I like Dubby. He's a great guy and his hacks are really creative. Just don't like this mod that much. Not my favorite.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:24 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
God damnit Carrotlord this is a fucking awesome mod. It's got like, actual structure and themeing and junk. This is seriously the best mod I've played here and if you took any other mod here and removed all it's bugs then they still wouldn't compare.

MY OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS BECAUSE IT IS MINE!

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Carrotlord said:
I would say that the current status is either dead or abandoned.
But I don't really mind, since I disliked this poorly tested mod and all of its disgusting software bugs very much.

It's fine if you think this is the greatest mod EVAR, since that is your own personal opinion.
I have my own. All opinions are equally valid.
It just happens that my opinions are (quite often) more valid than opinions that disagree with mine. :pignon:

EDIT: I like Dubby. He's a great guy and his hacks are really creative. Just don't like this mod that much. Not my favorite.
You gotta admit this mod gave an actual STORY and onscreen character development to the dull and one-dimensional vanilla version

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Fix the bugs and it will be good. REALLY GOOD.

I can't stress this enough - even I as a hacker cannot hack my way to the end of this mod. There are so many issues.

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I downloaded this game the other day and it's pretty good so far! I like the additions to the game, the new weapons, and the large areas. Keep at it!

However, I DO have a couple of concerns...

1. The areas are a little TOO big, and even though I'm an expert at metroid-esque platformers, I'm LOST! Seriously, I haven't a clue where to go sometimes, so I end up wandering around aimlessly. Now if there was a way to track where I've gone and where I haven't, I think it would make a whole WORLD of a difference. I also think a walkthrough wouldn't go amiss, so would it really hurt to make one?

2. I made my way to the Sand Zone in my previous playthrough, but something tells me I screwed up. I had my Polar Star taken, so I was stuck with Missiles, the Fireball+, and the Autogun. I made a jump that I can't recover from (I'll show you when I get to it again...) and I found TWO of Jenka's puppies, but, like I said, I can't seem to progress any further. Most of the time, when you can't progress, it's a sign you dun screwed up, so... Where did I screw up here...?

3. I'm a complete nerd and a bit of a hacker, so I loaded the game in Cheat Engine to see what my values were and I noticed something odd... When I upgraded to the Fireball+, it didn't seem to show any change in my values. It changed in-game, though, and I DID get the trailing flames, but out of curiosity, what tells the game that your Fireball is upgraded? Is there a specific value for it?

4. I've found a few grammatical errors. "Would of" should be "Would have". On the contrary, "Sort of" is correct. (Call me nit-picky...)

Hope you guys can answer some of my questions and I hope I'm not spoiling anything (let me know if I am...).

Edit:
I added where I got stuck in the Sand Zone as an attachment, in case you want to see.

Attachments

• I got stuck HERE..png
    I got stuck HERE..png
    33.6 KB · Views: 46
Dec 28, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I downloaded this game the other day and it's pretty good so far! I like the additions to the game, the new weapons, and the large areas. Keep at it! However, I DO have a couple of concerns... 1. The areas are a little TOO big, and even though I'm an expert at metroid-esque platformers, I'm LOST! Seriously, I haven't a clue where to go sometimes, so I end up wandering around aimlessly. Now if there was a way to track where I've gone and where I haven't, I think it would make a whole WORLD of a difference. I also think a walkthrough wouldn't go amiss, so would it really hurt to make one? 2. I made my way to the Sand Zone in my previous playthrough, but something tells me I screwed up. I had my Polar Star taken, so I was stuck with Missiles, the Fireball+, and the Autogun. I made a jump that I can't recover from (I'll show you when I get to it again...) and I found TWO of Jenka's puppies, but, like I said, I can't seem to progress any further. Most of the time, when you can't progress, it's a sign you dun screwed up, so... Where did I screw up here...? 3. I'm a complete nerd and a bit of a hacker, so I loaded the game in Cheat Engine to see what my values were and I noticed something odd... When I upgraded to the Fireball+, it didn't seem to show any change in my values. It changed in-game, though, and I DID get the trailing flames, but out of curiosity, what tells the game that your Fireball is upgraded? Is there a specific value for it? 4. I've found a few grammatical errors. "Would of" should be "Would have". On the contrary, "Sort of" is correct. (Call me nit-picky...) Hope you guys can answer some of my questions and I hope I'm not spoiling anything (let me know if I am...). Edit:
I added where I got stuck in the Sand Zone as an attachment, in case you want to see.
Just letting you know, but there's 2 ways to the sand zone, on the cliff where you jump off, if you jump off then go all they way right, you'll end up on the
outer wall,
not the
droll cave.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ShadeTempest said:
Just letting you know, but there's 2 ways to the sand zone, on the cliff where you jump off, if you jump off then go all they way right, you'll end up on the
outer wall,
not the
droll cave.
Interestingly enough, I tried "hugging the walls" and I found this out... Anyway, I've beaten Omega and, once more, I'm just stumbling about like an idiot trying to decide where to go next...

Although this does bring up another few points...

I "sequence-broke" the super-missile upgrade by going back into Tunnel Road and maneuvering up to the cave where I fought the Big Critter. I went out the door where I presumably entered Mimiga Village and carefully jumped while quickly pressing down to go into the door below it. This allowed me to get the Super Missiles before the outer wall.

Also, since I potentially skipped over the Sparkler and/or Grappling Hook, WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY!? I spent at least two hours checking where I've been to, but apparently I didn't check hard enough...

Edit: Nevermind, I got both of them... And now I'm truly lost in the Labrynth.

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ectomech78 said:
I "sequence-broke" the super-missile upgrade by going back into Tunnel Road and maneuvering up to the cave where I fought the Big Critter. I went out the door where I presumably entered Mimiga Village and carefully jumped while quickly pressing down to go into the door below it. This allowed me to get the Super Missiles before the outer wall.
Actually, the
Super Missile Chest is in the old village under a missle block,
so you WERE requried to get it before sand zone, In fact, it's required to get the
power boots,
which let you jump higher. What you got was a expansion, which, instead of expanding your supply, gave you the weapon itself. Anyway, you can't get out of the labyrinth without the
power boots,
so did you get it?

I can't find the
sparkler,
however I found an upgrade next to a puppy, so I got the
sparkler
from that.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the part where you said you beat
Omega
correctly, apparantly you did get the boots.

If you don't want to explore the labryinth, the way out is
behind chaba's shop

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
*sigh*

I really hope Redesign doesn't die. It's too awesome too die :muscledoc:

But sadly, Dubby hasn't been around for half a year, and I just don't know anymore :(

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Ok, how do you beat goddamn egg corridor?!
I got the ID card but wheres the terminal to lower the shield?
MAKE IT NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT. Stuff like that is what makes mods suck.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
liammillay said:
Ok, how do you beat goddamn egg corridor?!I got the ID card but wheres the terminal to lower the shield?MAKE IT NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT. Stuff like that is what makes mods suck.
It's in the egg observatory room. Look around-you'll find it.

Also, sure it's long and frustrating, but also fun to play and very satisfying when you finally figure things out. :)

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Veteran Member
Polaris said:
It's in the egg observatory room. Look around-you'll find it.
Why dont you just say where it is? I still cant find it, the only clue i have is the broken wall on the top floor where the platform stops, but that doesnt go to anything.
EDIT:Nevermind found it.

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Veteran Member
Dunc2403 said:
So you're saying you don't like the mod because you suck at video games
Go to hell. I can beat hell in 4 minutes, and i can remember the layout everytime i play it.