Cave Story on Xbox 360.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:58 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I wonder... There are so many different ports of Cave Story that I think, by now, somebody has to have thought of an Xbox 360 port. Meh. Idunno. I'm no coding expert and I know full well that I couldn't port anything over if I tried.

You guys are smart. Look into usb loading for the Xbox 360 and see what you can do. Whatever you come up with will be worth the wait as long as you don't need some ridiculous and risky software like with JTagged/Flashed 360s. I'm sure somebody will think of something eventually. c:

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:30 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
While theres no native port of Cave Story to the Xbox 360, RetroArch is available for the console as a homebrew application.

As RetroArch includes a NXEngine, an open-source rewrite of Cave Story, you could always try to use that.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:52 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Dec 14, 2016 at 12:18 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't really have a JTAG console, nor do I really know how. I don't have the proper tools and I can't find any way to do it without doing something that could possibly break my Xbox for good. Can't find any USB loaded 'Soft' Mod Jtag programs.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is the Xbox 360 backwards compatible and would Xbox homebrew work on it? (I've never owned an Xbox console ha) If so, the Cave Story Xbox port would work fine.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
@mckgamer: I think the main issue is that the only way to get homebrew to work on a 360 is to JTAG it, which is a hardware mod.

@✨Sue_Sakamoto✨: We can't homebrew enable your console for you, and if no-one else in the xbox modding community has figured out how to sign code for the 360 then what hope have we got, especially given that the xbox port is closed source and none of us ever worked on the thing. Do you have an original xbox? You don't need hardware mods to make that work. USB loaded 'Soft' Mod Jtag programs for the 360 sound about as real as Cave Story's fourth ending.

Last edited: