Cave Story Officially RELEASED for WiiWare

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Now, if only I could access the shop channel so that I could finally PAY for the game...

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:36 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Sorry about reviving this one, but in all likelyhood, this should be the last one for the WiiWare version. I'm kinda surprised nobody else caught this.

Cheat codes? On MY modern console? Okay, they're not really for cheating, but they're interesting, nevertheless. Now you can play with Beta Quote all you want on any mode, disturbing smile and all!

Feb 4, 2011 at 5:02 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Huh, that's actually nice. Nice that I don't have to play on October 31 or December 25 in order to play Halloween Quote or Christmas Quote, respectively.

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Now there's just one more hidden thing in the entire game to find:

The cheat codes to play as Halloween and Christmas Curly.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That will be pretty tough, seeing as they don't exist.

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:56 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
andwhyisit said:
Hell YEAH! That would be awesome.

Who says it would cost money? And if it does, why not support Pixel?

Well, even if it was to support Pixel, I mean the game's free. To me, it seems to almost mock Cavestory in all it's FREE glory. Plus I was playing it the other day, I recommend sticking to the computer.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hintak said:
Well, even if it was to support Pixel, I mean the game's free. To me, it seems to almost mock Cavestory in all it's FREE glory. Plus I was playing it the other day, I recommend sticking to the computer.

exactly what i thought when i made this video
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Lowell-based rant, and you know it's true

Hintak said:
Voyce said:
exactly what i thought when i made this video
removed
Then here's a tip to you cheapass whiners.
Don't buy the WiiWare.
If you're too goddamn cheap to pay for the updated, extra content, then you do still have the perfectly free PC version.
No one's forcing you to buy the WiiWare, there's no valid reason to pirate it. You have no right to it. The money is for all the updated things, not the original. So if you're pirating it on the bullshit reason 'oh but the original was free lulz', you're a complete dumbass. Infact, you're a liar. A liar who wants to hide behind a flimsy and invalid excuse so he can freeload and not feel guilt.
And hell, I would've paid money for the original, just because it's so amazing, and because Pixel deserves that money.

For those of you who would pirate the WiiWare, you have my most intense disgust and dislike.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM
Re: Lowell-based rant, and you know it's true

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Then here's a tip to you cheapass whiners.
Don't buy the WiiWare.
If you're too goddamn cheap to pay for the updated, extra content, then you do still have the perfectly free PC version.
No one's forcing you to buy the WiiWare, there's no valid reason to pirate it. You have no right to it. The money is for all the updated things, not the original. So if you're pirating it on the bullshit reason 'oh but the original was free lulz', you're a complete dumbass. Infact, you're a liar. A liar who wants to hide behind a flimsy and invalid excuse so he can freeload and not feel guilt.
And hell, I would've paid money for the original, just because it's so amazing, and because Pixel deserves that money.

For those of you who would pirate the WiiWare, you have my most intense disgust and dislike.

Pirating is not good.
I agree with you.
Would you please calm down now?:awesomeface:

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:14 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I asplod'd

onlineworms said:
Would you please calm down now?:awesomeface:
Yeah, yeah...
That's just one of my switches, specially when it's all 'self-righteous'...
And poor Pixel...

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I completely agree with Lowell on the issue of the Pirating.

I on the other hand, am simply uninterested in Cavestory Wii. One of my friends at school who introduced me to cavestory bought it some time ago, has been pestering me to get it. From what I've seen, the new stuff isn't as nice and the original stuff isn't new. Oh and the Nicalis translation is kinda shit. If there were more radical changes, I would have been more inclined to get it. For this reason, I am genuinely considering buying the 3DS release. Whether I like the changes or not, it is different enough to be worth getting, in my opinion.

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Despite any additions that nicalis added to Cavestory on the wii version, I can't help but feel that the wii's classic controller is a bit... awkward to use to play it. Also, most televisions don't show the 2x resolution very well.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I still don't understand why people insist on buying Cave Story Wii. Yeah yeah we gotta support Pixel he's such a great guy etc etc. But really, is it a sin to download it?

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM
WoodenRat said:
I still don't understand why people insist on buying Cave Story Wii. Yeah yeah we gotta support Pixel he's such a great guy etc etc. But really, is it a sin to download it?

Don't say something like that. You'd piss Celtic Minstrel off.
Downloading is like, for example, go to a shop and take away the goods without paying money.
Do you think is legal then?
What would you think, if you've spent a lot of time to finish something and wish you can make money from it, but instead, someone just stole your work and released it for free. YOU CAN'T GET ANY MONEY FROM YOUR WORK.
That's why pirating and downloading (things that supposed to be commercial) sucks.:p

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I completely agree on this matter the guy spent five years making cave story and now here is cave story on the wiiware and suddenly someone comes and gives it for free.I would rather waste 1,200 wii points as a thank you to pixel with the help of the wiiware version.And i honestly seem to be one of the few who thought that the wiiware version was worth it.

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
lolz this agreeing is only useful for to rising postcount. There will always be pirates and goody-goodies. I don`t like to steal either. +1 for my postcount. Not that I care about that, I`m just really damn bored - please shoot me.

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
trickybilly said:
lolz this agreeing is only useful for to rising postcount. There will always be pirates and goody-goodies. I don`t like to steal either. +1 for my postcount. Not that I care about that, I`m just really damn bored - please shoot me.
*blows smoking barrel*

<_<

>_>

..what?

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Oh Jesus, andwhy, get the body in my trunk. We'll dump it in the river and nobody will have to know.

I don't have a Wii. It is impossible for me to buy the game. I really wish Pixel had a PayPal donation button on his website like everyone else. Maybe Nicalis deserves my money, but I think I'll have to wait for Cave Stryo 3D to determine that. If they just improve the graphics and ruin everything else like last time, then I will not regret all the money they lost from pirating.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:34 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
Oh Jesus, andwhy, get the body in my trunk. We'll dump it in the river and nobody will have to know.

I don't have a Wii. It is impossible for me to buy the game. I really wish Pixel had a PayPal donation button on his website like everyone else. Maybe Nicalis deserves my money, but I think I'll have to wait for Cave Stryo 3D to determine that. If they just improve the graphics and ruin everything else like last time, then I will not regret all the money they lost from pirating.

But Pixel would also lose money from pirating... oh wait.
That depends on how Nicalis pays him.
Well anyway, I don't recommand pirating, even if the wiiware CS is a completely waste.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:17 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
onlineworms said:
Don't say something like that. You'd piss Celtic Minstrel off.
Wait what? I don't get it; why am I supposed to be annoyed at that?

It's not a sin. It's illegal, though.

onlineworms said:
That's why pirating and downloading (things that supposed to be commercial) sucks.:debug:
Well, unless it's the only possible way to get it (ie a discontinued game).