• Saturday the 22nd

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
Jan 23, 2011 at 2:40 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
:toroko2:! I didn't die; and Noxid, you actually went and beat it? Dedication.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yes. If anybody wants to LIVE THE DREAM and sit through a 2.75 hour play-through of Cave Story, it's saved so you can watch here:

recording got baleeted

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
If we are planning on doing this again, I would request that it be during the summer, since I'll actually be home. Here at college, the internet connection is way too slow to stream audio in real time (it takes about an hour to load a 5 minute YouTube video :momo:).

edit: a little late, but why the hell is this in the SPOT? It's CS related >_>

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Pirate Member
Man I wish I could've come, sounds like it was awesome.

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I wasn't able to make it, but I did however beat the whole game on the DSi (I don't have one, but my brother does and he got it for his DSi).

It was pretty good, but I had a harder time getting through hell with the DS controls.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Hey.
Wedge of Cheese said:
edit: a little late, but why the hell is this in the SPOT? It's CS related >_>

I was thinking the same thing.

WoodenRat said:
Man I wish I could've come, sounds like it was awesome.

:confused:

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
OMFG you know what since it's now Apr 22 i suggest everyone fucking go get Teamspeak since it'll be much better. i'll host the server myself if needed. Screw Skype. :greydroll:

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Malpercio said:
OMFG you know what since it's now Apr 22 i suggest everyone fucking go get Teamspeak since it'll be much better. i'll host the server myself if needed. Screw Skype. :greydroll:

teamspeak is a vitality booster
p116977-0-vitalitybooster.gif

Skype is a beast heart
p116977-1-itembeastheart.jpg

They both do the essentially the same things except one is just better anyway
Hon > DotA

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well my internets down so sorry guys I cant do this with you :greydroll:
Enjoy it though :')

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Pirate Member
Skype is good, when there's two people talking to eachother. But it gets shitty after more than 3 people join the conference call. So I agree with Mal. We should either use Ventrilo or Teamspeak, because they were made for this. You can actually see in the readme it says "made to make playing cave story easier"

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
WoodenRat said:
Skype is good, when there's two people talking to eachother. But it gets shitty after more than 3 people join the conference call. So I agree with Mal. We should either use Ventrilo or Teamspeak, because they were made for this. You can actually see in the readme it says "made to make playing cave story easier"
Well then if your gonna use either Ventrillo or Teamspeak, then i say ventrillo. since i used teamspeak once and it was gay.
i would of done this play thing if i wasnt working when you did it too TT_TT.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Shame I couldn't be there, but 11pm GMT is past my bedtime :sun:

Maybe next time we could do it at, say 9PM GMT in the Summer? So then it would be a reasonable hour and date for everyone in America, Europe and some of Oceania.

And definitely we'd need some sort of formal prior organisation to get this Teamspeak/Ventrillo thing up and running with everyone added, so there's no panic.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
@xristosx: you know of any free ventrilo servers/someone here willing to pay to host one? as far as i know any kind of vent server costs money to run, whereas Teamspeak gives free non-commercial licenses to pretty much everyone that asks iirc

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well, one of us could host it ourselves, but then we could only have 8 people.

However, we could always [CENSOREDAAAHOMG]
Look, it's just a little [GOAWAYBASTARD]
C'mon the link's right here: [AAAAAARGHSTOPITSTOPIT]

Aww crap.

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Malpercio said:
@xristosx: you know of any free ventrilo servers/someone here willing to pay to host one? as far as i know any kind of vent server costs money to run, whereas Teamspeak gives free non-commercial licenses to pretty much everyone that asks iirc
Yeah your right about vent servers costing money, but im sure it shouldnt be too hard to find one people could use for free thats american, i use a gamearena one (australian site) and it works great especially that Australia's internet is shit compared to America. Theres bound to be some american gaming site that has its own vent server.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Been here way too long...
Someone explain to me why we can't use Skype.
Registration and use of Skype is much simpler than Vent or TeamSpeak. Plus, I've experienced MUCH less lag on Skype than on TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. Woodenrat, you said conference calls on Skype are shitty. I don't know why; explain.
On Skype, nobody needs to buy anything and nobody needs to fux around with server settings. People can't use Skype to find out information on you, unless you put your name and shit on it.
The only thing that puts Skype at a disadvantage is that you can't mute individuals. I think this won't be a problem for our purposes, since most of you aren't drool-on-the-mic retarded.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Pirate Member
I don't know how to express this in english, but is there a way to mute your mic by default in Skype and have a button that unmutes you when you want to talk. That's the only reason.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Hey.
Captain Fabulous said:
Someone explain to me why we can't use Skype.
Registration and use of Skype is much simpler than Vent or TeamSpeak. Plus, I've experienced MUCH less lag on Skype than on TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. Woodenrat, you said conference calls on Skype are shitty. I don't know why; explain.
On Skype, nobody needs to buy anything and nobody needs to fux around with server settings. People can't use Skype to find out information on you, unless you put your name and shit on it.
The only thing that puts Skype at a disadvantage is that you can't mute individuals. I think this won't be a problem for our purposes, since most of you aren't drool-on-the-mic retarded.

This. WOO SKYPE.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Been here way too long...
WoodenRat said:
I don't know how to express this in english, but is there a way to mute your mic by default in Skype and have a button that unmutes you when you want to talk. That's the only reason.
There is no hotkey option available, as in Vent and TS. To mute and unmute your mic, you click on the "mute" button. There's also no option to mute yourself by default, but you can just mute as soon as the call starts.

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:43 AM
Pirate Member
Captain Fabulous said:
There is no hotkey option available, as in Vent and TS. To mute and unmute your mic, you click on the "mute" button. There's also no option to mute yourself by default, but you can just mute as soon as the call starts.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU