Cave Story FanArt

Apr 3, 2022 at 6:51 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Orbit omg!! Your drawings are super cool and cute!! I love how you draw Quote!!

Apr 3, 2022 at 3:54 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not bad warm-up sketches. It took me a moment to recognize what was going on with the one of Quote holding Curly's underwear, then after a few seconds, I understood what was going on.

That Jack drawing is awesome. The smoothness, shading, and outlining are all really crisp. I enjoyed seeing your pixel art from before, I didn't realize you were also really good at this kind of art.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'll post some cave story drawings I've recently made!

outer-wall.png

quotesitting.png

IMG_2659.pngIMG_2660.png

unknown1 (2).pngunknown3.pngunknown1.png

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:23 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
[amazing art]
Zacc omg!! You got some really cool drawings. I saw your outer wall picture yesterday and it blew me away how thematic and well rendered it was. Really great work, and the others artwork too; I like how you draw quote as well, and I think the pictures of him with Sue(?) are cute.

Not bad warm-up sketches. It took me a moment to recognize what was going on with the one of Quote holding Curly's underwear, then after a few seconds, I understood what was going on.

That Jack drawing is awesome. The smoothness, shading, and outlining are all really crisp. I enjoyed seeing your pixel art from before, I didn't realize you were also really good at this kind of art.
Thank you. Got a few years of digital art under my belt, but alas, my hiatuses seem to go into months and, in this case, years. I do wish to go back to pixel art along with digital, but an issue that has stuck with me for as long as I've done art keeps creeping up. I lose motivation too fast and get discouraged too easily. That is why I am making an effort to find the fun in drawing, just like I've found in making music.

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Zacc omg!! You got some really cool drawings. I saw your outer wall picture yesterday and it blew me away how thematic and well rendered it was. Really great work, and the others artwork too; I like how you draw quote as well, and I think the pictures of him with Sue(?) are cute.
Thanks so much :D !! It makes me happy to hear that you really like my outer wall drawing! That's actually Beta Curly Brace and Su- !

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:54 AM
Oh! Well, I don't know much about the beta other than there was one. Still, my opinion remains the same

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 2:58 AM
Based Member
I'll post some cave story drawings I've recently made!

Oh wow, Zacc, this art is amazing. That Outer Wall pixel art just beautiful.

That headcannon beta doodle with Quote (or Beta Curly Brace, depending on how you want to slice it) sitting on the couch with Su wrapped up in a blanket after being out in the cold snow/rain is just adorable.

And that drawing of Quote holding Torai is also very cute.

Apr 5, 2022 at 3:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh wow, Zacc, this art is amazing. That Outer Wall pixel art just beautiful.

That headcannon beta doodle with Quote (or Beta Curly Brace, depending on how you want to slice it) sitting on the couch with Su wrapped up in a blanket after being out in the cold snow/rain is just adorable.

And that drawing of Quote holding Torai is also very cute.
Those are such nice words!! :p Thanks so much!

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:30 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
this counts because it has balrog in it

gumo_balrog.png

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:46 AM
Based Member
Not bad. Who's that character on the left? I feel like I've seat somewhere before.

Apr 6, 2022 at 1:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
i think i've already commented on zacc and aqua's art elsewhere, so i'll comment on orbit's - i really like your doodles, people's interpretations of the sprites themselves/characters without official art are always really fascinating to me...
(also the silly king one got a giggle out of me)

as for myself, i've been doing my usual concerning output of cave story fanart, so i suppose i'll take this opportunity to post a couple:

every now and then i'm tempted to draw quote with a long, flowy scarf - it's actually one of my fav designs for him, but i usually draw him with a more bandanna-like one for convenience

1649204363389.png
1649204372297.png

obligatory misery

1649204448770.png

wanted to draw something moody and had what i felt like was a fitting song (or a specific lyric, really) stuck in my head (if anyone's curious)

1649204455658.png

a funny headcanon i had, i like to think misery occasionally helps the researchers a little post-best ending, given she knows so much about the island and its history. her way of apologising? just bored? genuinely interested? secretly up to something? viewer interpretation!
i mean to draw a follow-up to this but forgot, oops

1649204463532.png

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:25 AM
Based Member
Nice art, Eli. I especially like the little banter between Kazuma and Misery. Now that I think about it, Kazuma does kinda make me think of a young Professor Oak.

Apr 6, 2022 at 7:46 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Not bad. Who's that character on the left? I feel like I've seat somewhere before.
Gumo from the Ori series, drew them together because I once thought "hey they kinda have slightly similar roles in their games lo"

also i forgot to comment about it in this post originally but eli your art is very awesome as usual, I like that misery headcanon lol

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:01 PM
Managed to get some sketches down. Still trying to find my groove. Humans are hard to draw, but I'm learning.
More Sketches.png
One day I'll draw characters below the waist

Also, good art Eli. Always nice to see your lively drawing style.

Apr 21, 2022 at 12:12 AM
Based Member
I like it. Especially that drawing of Curly. The way you have her hair flowing and draping over her shoulder is really good, and the detail on her machine gun is impressive too. You kinda drew Quote below the waist, so that's something!

May 14, 2022 at 2:20 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
p377493-0-arthurskey.jpg

a 'perspective' drawing of the mimiga cemetery, nothing special but it was fun for me to draw.

May 14, 2022 at 2:39 AM
Ain't the most quality post, but I strangely like it. The color scheme interest me. Is it random or it that how you color things? Anyway, Good job.

May 14, 2022 at 2:43 AM
Based Member
The texturing of that drawing kind of reminds me of water coloring.

May 14, 2022 at 4:14 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Ain't the most quality post, but I strangely like it. The color scheme interest me. Is it random or it that how you color things? Anyway, Good job.
yes, the color scheme was a bit random, and something tells me i need to study background painting more, anyway thanks for the feedback.

and yes it looks a bit like water coloring.

May 18, 2022 at 3:27 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Great stuff ya'll, these are amazing :D !!