Cave Story "Enemy Rush"

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
If the area with critters is the end of the First Cave, then I almost made it there. But not quite.

I saw an experience capsule in a seemingly inaccessible location...

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:57 AM
In front of a computer
I still think the First Cave is unfair, but I've beaten it now (finally). The Mimiga Village is even more unfair, with that third trigger in an awkward place. (The first two weren't too bad.) I would suggest putting those triggers on signs, so that you can read it again if you like, but whatever...

In the First Cave, I discovered a secret passage which led me right to the Polar Star, but then I discovered that I also have to get the Nikumaru Timer, which means I can't take the shortcut... :(

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM
In front of a computer
In the Sand Zone, I think you should rethink the location of the save point. When you restore from that point, you're almost right on top of one of the monsters.

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:55 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Right on top? That's funny... I just checked the map, and all that's in that section are the Crow/Skulls. You might get shot at... but you shouldn't be right on top of a monster.

Could you get a screenshot or something?

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Lyger, I like your mod.

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:12 PM
In front of a computer
Lyger said:
Right on top? That's funny... I just checked the map, and all that's in that section are the Crow/Skulls. You might get shot at... but you shouldn't be right on top of a monster.

Could you get a screenshot or something?
Not quite right on top, but pretty close. It's because those monsters move up and down. If it happens to move downward first, it will hit you.

Basically, I'm complaining about having a save point in an area full of enemies.

While I'm on the topic of that area, you can talk to King after restoring and it will say "Got the •Blade•", even if you already have it.

P.S. Sid you see Post #88?

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
i think this is a fullysicka mod and the best thing about it is its not to challenging like death story its a good hard not a hard that makes you want to smash yoiur computer

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:00 AM
"Huzzah!"
How do u get the id card is it still in egg 6

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:49 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Egg Corridor is a continuous room. It's in a treasure chest, but it's still in Egg 6.

And unfortunately, I didn't design the levels with saves in mind :p . So I prolly oughta flag the Blade or sommat...

As for putting game info on signs rather than triggers, it's so much more fun to keep you in suspense over spikes! Plus momentum really is conserved (a la those info things in Hell) so if the jump was good to begin with you'll still make it.

You don't really have to go all the way back through the secret passage to get the counter; you can shoot the presses and avoid having to dodge them in the first place.

Aug 4, 2008 at 9:12 PM
In front of a computer
Lyger said:
As for putting game info on signs rather than triggers, it's so much more fun to keep you in suspense over spikes! Plus momentum really is conserved (a la those info things in Hell) so if the jump was good to begin with you'll still make it.
Maybe move that third one up a little, then? So that it triggers on the second jump upwards rather than the first? The other two worked out fine, but the trouble on the third one is that you have to change direction mid-jump.

Lyger said:
You don't really have to go all the way back through the secret passage to get the counter; you can shoot the presses and avoid having to dodge them in the first place.
I don't think this worked... I went through the secret passage and got the Polar Star. Then I went down, past the two presses that are over spikes (I tried it both with shooting them and without shooting them). I got the counter. Then I had to get back up, so I jumped over the wide area of spikes.... and realized that the second set of presses would be a problem...

On second thought, you're right. Somehow I must've forgotten that the presses were no longer impenetrable walls...

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Once i get past where i am, I can say its good, Right now, All i can say is "RADDA FRADDA SHMADDA KADDA FRANKENSTEIN!"
D: Can't even get past the spikes in the beginning.
The Presses are easy to get past, But the spikes are nearly impossible.
OH. I GET IT.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Eh, the two links died already. Can anyone add another mirror link please?

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:50 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I wonder if this would bring him back...

DoubleThink's Signature said:
PM me or drop a visitor message if you're trying to find an old mod, DON'T BUMP DEAD THREADS PL0X. Or check the Quickie Mod Guide!
Eh, your best chance would be talking to DT, not by reviving an already pretty dead thread...
{And post on either his profile page or send a PM}

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 14, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: I wonder if this would bring him back...

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Eh, your best chance would be talking to DT, not by reviving an already pretty dead thread...
{And post on either his profile page or send a PM}

Ooh, sorry about that. Maybe next time, I should have read the rules before doing anything.

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:27 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's not in the rules, only my signature >_> Wonder if I should put that up somewhere though...

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
For some reason, the link just re-directs me to the same page but I pasted the download link into a new tab and it works wonders.