Cave Story "Enemy Rush"

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:18 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This is not really related to your mod, but when I click on your links, they redirect me here. But when I copy the link addresses, it works fine. Something to do with my browser?(using Opera)

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:53 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
No, its the "No hotlinking" thing that Freewebs has.

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:08 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Btw, this mod's cool.. The first challenge was a lesson on falling down... and the first cave have a secret passage which maybe was made to piss off players like me....

No, I don't hate this mod, just that I think you(the modder) have kind of the same thoughts as me, and that's cool.. :cool:

Not really a proble for me, but my Niku counter does not function(it didn't start). I thought it should start recording from the cemetery?

How do I get into Arthur's? :cool:

Nice bonus level after the laby. :)

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:14 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Go to your inventory, select the Nikumaru counter, hit z again, and it will ask if you want to speed run. I put that in because some people did not want to speed run, and wanted save points (since having the counter equipped disables saving). I could set it default on, if you'd like.

Yeah there's a secret passage but I actually think it's easier the normal way...

Arthur's key just lets you out of the graveyard, really :cool: There is no Arthur's house.

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
You should make it such that a <YNJ pops up to ask you if you want to equip the Nikumaru Counter.

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:48 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Lyger said:
Arthur's key just lets you out of the graveyard, really :) There is no Arthur's house.
Then rename it "Graveyard Key", or something?

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:55 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
A yes/no does pop up... maybe I should make that the first thing you see though.

Yeah, it really doesn't make much sense... I'll rename it :)

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:18 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Lyger said:
There is no Arthur's house.

What About that building with King and Jack(I think) outside?

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:39 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Did you read the text that came up as you made your way through the Mimiga Village or were you too busy mentally yelling at me for stopping you over deathtraps? :D I just put it there to annoy people, you can't get to it. Heck, you only go forward anyway; you're physically not allowed to leave the graveyard to go back to the village.

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:26 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
New demo... finally...

Completion up until the end of Egg Corridor (2). There are... six and a half easter eggs/secrets? Well five of them are just sort of there, and they don't do anything, just sort of see if anyone notices... one of them saves you a lot of time, and the half of one will save you a lot of time, eventually, once I get the next demo done.

Eh, just to put it out there, wonder if anyone can get to the end of this demo (end of Egg Corridor (2)) in less than 20 minutes. My record is 22'29"8 but I know I screwed up on many parts and wasted time collecting hearts and exp (because I was stupid and LOST health and exp to begin with).

EDIT: Welp, no posts. Oh well. 19'01"0. Knew it was possible in under 20...

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:15 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
"Error
This archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Whaaaaat? It works fine for me. I just downloaded it to test.

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
SeriousFace said:
"Error
This archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
1- Open your web browser.
2- Copy http://www.freewebs.com/lyger/ and then paste it on your web browser.
3- Enter that site.
4- DON'T CLOSE THAT WEB PAGE TILL WE FINISH THIS COMPLETELY.
5- Get a download manager and put the URL: http://www.freewebs.com/lyger/enemyrush3.zip on it and start downloading.
6- When the download finishes your file then YOU CAN CLOSE THAT PAGE.

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM
"..."
Thanks that worked.

Once the game gets going its very fun, and it knows exactaly what it is. I like when mods focus on things like level design instead of stupid crap like "how does i add myself as main character"

Early on it needs some simple touching up like doors opening and open doorways making door sounds. Nothing important.

The only thing important you should fix is the big jelly's script when you kill it and already have some juice. They need to die, its really annoying to accidently spawn 2 and have one unkillable following you around. This replacement script should fix it.

<PRI<SOU0022<ITJ0008:0206<MSG<GIT1008<IT+0008Got the =Jellyfish Juice=!<NOD<DNP0202<END
<PRI<SOU0022<ITJ0008:0207<MSG<GIT1008<IT+0008Got the =Jellyfish Juice=!<NOD<DNP0203<END
<PRI<SOU0022<ITJ0008:0208<MSG<GIT1008<IT+0008Got the =Jellyfish Juice=!<NOD<DNP0204<END
<PRI<SOU0022<ITJ0008:0209<MSG<GIT1008<IT+0008Got the =Jellyfish Juice=!<NOD<DNP0205<END
<DNP0202<MSGYou can't carry more than one
=Jellyfish Juice=!<NOD<CLO<END
<DNP0203<MSGYou can't carry more than one
<DNP0204<MSGYou can't carry more than one
<DNP0205<MSGYou can't carry more than one

If you want your jellyfish to have a poof of smoke when they die you can add this script to each one before the <DNP <CNP(Jellyfish in question):0015:0002.

And since there is no backtracking think maybe you should hide the mushroom badge, and ma pignon items in graveyard along with the lil guy?

Well, its refreshing to see a good mod, look forward to updates, keep up the good work.

Apr 22, 2008 at 2:03 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
The problem being of course that three are necessary to advance, and the fourth is for the optional bubbler, so if you kill too many without having fulfilled the requirements to advance... hmm... I'll see if I can change it to have it so that if you already have one it gets moved back to its starting position and is passive again.

I realize my early scripting stinks. :o Took some time to get used to TSC but I've got the hang of it now.

Not sure about Ma Pignon actually, I'm in the middle of the Plantation at the moment and I'm pretty much planning on skipping the whole Curly thing, since this is a gameplay-centered mod and so you encounter Curly only when she's involved in the gameplay (Labyrinth and Hell, basically).

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone has noticed how to skip the Waterway? Or an interesting point about the Waterway's level design?

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:10 AM
"..."
I suppose your right, with all the jelly droping big jellys following you around i imagine its impossible to find yourself needing the jelly and not being able to get one. But anyone playing this is going to go for speed, so they arn't likely to activate them all. I suggest you have the drop item / die event on all of them, if people find themselves at a point where they can't progress from killing them all, then have a way to respawn all the enemys. Maybe chaco and a bed spawn and you take a nap with her or something silly... sure it'd respawn all the enemys and screw up your time, but your not getting a good time anyway if you mess up with the jellys.

Oh, btw curly should be shooting a polar star if you have the machine gun, and i've only gotten the beast fang so far. Trying to get a good time, but keep dying.

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:55 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
That's a very good point and I was wondering about it.

... how do you get Curly with Polar Star?

The Beast Fang doesn't do anything -yet- but it'll be a valuable item next update (which won't be this week for sure...).

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:43 AM
In front of a computer
I imagine the code that does it is either in the Sand Zone, or that particular section of the Labyrinth.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:58 AM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Curly with the polar star is activated through the switch used in reguards to the machine gun trade. It's as simple as that.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:39 PM
In front of a computer
The Sand Zone, then. I suppose you can't give her any other weapons, can you?

Is it possible for both Quote and Curly to have the machine gun?