Cave Story 3DS Discussion

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Glitch thingy I noticed

In the scenes where "Break Down" plays, (Which the loading times take all of the effect out of.) it shows the Core room, as the original did. (I think.)

The problem? The core is in the right side of the Core room. The same core that you just killed a zombified version of, thus causing the island to fall.

See the problem? :droll:

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Does anyone know if this remix of Plantation from the official website is actually in the game?

http://nisamerica.com/games/cave-story/sound/curlySofterFin.mp3

I recently saw some video of the game in Plantation and it used a different version of the theme. The website one strikes me as title screen fodder, though.

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
It's not. But I think the one that plays in the game sounds better anyway.

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
Does anyone know if the prinny cap does anything special? All I know is that it turns Quote's hat blue

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:41 AM
inside is yello
"..."
linkruler said:
Does anyone know if the prinny cap does anything special? All I know is that it turns Quote's hat blue

Nope, it does zero.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:38 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think he means it does not change gameplay.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I felt they made the Normal Ending even more insulting and grimdark because you actually saw the island fall and proceed to impact the earth, resulting in a huge explosion. Least in the old version you just saw it fall and make an ambiguous ending. Here they shove it in your face as if they are saying "Look what you did! YOU DAMN FUCKED UP NOW!"

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:24 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
JonSpider said:
I felt they made the Normal Ending even more insulting and grimdark because you actually saw the island fall and proceed to impact the earth, resulting in a huge explosion. Least in the old version you just saw it fall and make an ambiguous ending. Here they shove it in your face as if they are saying "Look what you did! YOU DAMN FUCKED UP NOW!"

lmao, well you'd have to be damn fucked up to consider jumping off the edge of a 10,000 ft high levitating island in the first place. "I wasn't programmed for this variable!" *dives over head-first*

Well that ending sounds a little cooler, but not so much if they actually show the island being completely obliterated. It might actually compel me to finish via the ballos ending, and I never really liked that ending a great deal to begin with..

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Gah i wish the 3ds wasn't so pricey if only they made cave story 3d for the pc too :/

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
gdfsgdfg said:
Gah i wish the 3ds wasn't so pricey if only they made cave story 3d for the pc too :/

While your at it, you might also want to wish that your PC can play games in 3D.

At least you guys have CS+ :)

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Are there any maps of the areas or the changes? I'd like to see or know what's extended or outright different :(
[Also, Wind Fortress...]

Tpcool said:
While your at it, you might also want to wish that your PC can play games in 3D.

At least you guys have CS+ :)

You could get a 3D monitor, glasses and video card... But, I bet that would be $$$! (and still no CS3D PC, say that 5x lol)

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I got Cave Story 3D the other day. Overall, I'm disappointed in it. I haven't had much time to play it, but my friend let me play some of the Last Cave (hard).

The blood looks like a solid, and the controls are annoying.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Cave Story said:
The blood looks like a solid, and it's extremely difficult to control.
I never knew that was blood. I thought it was Lava.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:40 AM
"Huzzah!"
I've had to make a new file to get the great ending, since I was dumb enough to go for the machine gun instead of the spur.
Also, the good ending kind of upset me, since instead of animating what happened in areas, it just showed a still, black and white picture of the area.:awesomeface:

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:43 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
linkruler said:
I've had to make a new file to get the great ending, since I was dumb enough to go for the machine gun instead of the spur.

You know you can get the best ending with the Machine Gun, right? The weapons do not matter, only the things that happen in the story. Or did you restart because you didn't want to go through Hell with the Machine Gun? I dunno.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yes. I do know that. It's just that I suck with the machine gun against ballos' second form. (and all other guns. Didn't get the nemesis either)
ADD ON: I beat the game with great ending. Not much to do after that. Maybe I'll trade it in?

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:15 AM
Melon Lord
I'm thinking of trading in my copy for Super Mario 3D Land. It's just Cave Story all over again with a facelift to put it bluntly. It's kinda disappointing for me.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Of course it's Cave Story with a facelift -- what else did you expect it to be?

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:43 AM
Melon Lord
Lace said:
Of course it's Cave Story with a facelift -- what else did you expect it to be?

Nothing less. Maybe it's the lack of content, paying 40$ for it, or it could be because the game is looking generic with the new style. I just think the game is milked clean and this re-make is kinda bland for my tastes. Personally, the old look is what made it look so inviting and unique.