Cave Story 3DS Discussion

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM
"Huzzah!"
JonSpider said:
I'm thinking of trading in my copy for Super Mario 3D Land. It's just Cave Story all over again with a facelift to put it bluntly. It's kinda disappointing for me.

You read my mind, but now I can't because I don't have the money, and I bought cave story 3d 8 days ago, so I can't return it for full value.(like I was going to)

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have the prinny cap, but (when) do you actually get to play as a prinny?

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Walrusdude said:
I have the prinny cap, but (when) do you actually get to play as a prinny?

Probably never, if they even put him in the game at all. Maybe you have to do a Hell Time Attack or beat the game on Hard Mode, but I'm not too sure.

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Walrusdude said:
but (when) do you actually get to play as a prinny?
When you boot up Disgaea dood. :awesomeface:

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Seems like they rushed it a little, or just didn't do thorough testing before releasing it. A couple things that threw me off..

1. When they invert Sue & King's portrait their scars are backwards.
2. The map system in Santa's house incorrectly displays the restore/save points.
3. Chaco sleeps on the floor, and despite being asleep she still talks as per normal.
4. Prof booster teleport fail (x 2)
5. Sue: "Oh no! It's a dead end! We hafta to jump!"
6. In the credits they refer to Sue as "Sakamoto." Guess they forgot to add her first name?

Other than the forgetful/glitchy stuffs I thought they did a pretty good job, 'specially with the art and music.

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Alright... found a little enemy glitch when in the Egg Corridor? (the extension). I am playing on Classic Mode (and with the normal ending, just FYI) and it looks like the Beetle sprite has been replaced with the Critter sprite. So it looks like an anti-gravity Critter :heartrefill:

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
hello all i'm new to this site and to cave story. i just bought it today for 3ds and its amazing!

i was just a bit sad that the classic mode was not Pixel's original freeware game.

hey ho:mahin:

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, it seems that by messing around with this glitch, you can uncover some interesting things. I've been able to find some debug messages, trigger cutscenes in the wrong places, get infinate Life Capsules, and obtain the Beast Fang.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I... don't know quite what to say. For starters, I'm quite disappointed.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:41 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah that glitch is something major.. The flags remain active between saves, and you can trigger events from entirely different maps provided the IDs are the same. I played around with it for a little while and it didn't take very long for me to figure out how to get my HP above 1200. =/

..It's actually kind of interesting, seeing what events you can trigger from where. I started a new game and accidentally triggered the island falling scene, so technically my record of finishing the via normal ending w/ 3HP is 15 seconds?

The audio and visuals for this game are excellent, but the programmers really let the whole team down.

Edit: I just spawned Omega in Arthur's house, then accidentally warped to that fish boss - and I was restricted to the left half of the screen /and/ locked facing left instead of right.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Huh, I got to the waterway but totally skipped the Ironhead boss. I then ended up in an invisible box in the Mimiga Village Reservoir.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Just a theory, but the game seems unfinished.

With the multitude of glitches, (And lack of new content.) it almost seems like they had to rush to finish. Which, after they had already pushed it back twice, might have happened.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Wow, this glitch is great :(
I really don't care if this proves that the developers were lazy, this is just fun to mess with.
Link said:
and obtain the Beast Fang
They kept the Beast Fang, and on top of that it's actually possible to obtain?!?

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yes. If you preform the glitch in Yamashita Farm, and then go to a file in the Prefab House (while the island is falling), and examine the bed, you'll get it.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:03 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Just got the Beast Fang by glitching in Yamashita Farm and talking to one of the roaches in the Labyrinth Shop.

It's pretty funny, it's item description is:

"You're not supposed to find this. How'd you do it?"

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
The infinate life capsules glitch makes things so much easier. Especcialy hell:awesomeface:
How did you discover this?

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just found the video, I didn't make it. You'll have to ask the guy that made it.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Please tell me that they at least reset flags after dying.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It only glitches if you're on the inventory screen while quitting. It never happened to me during normal gameplay.

EDIT:

p121164-0-2ciehef.png

This is from the IGN review. I'm sure the "NIS character" is referring to the Prinny Cap, but is there really a new weapon?