Before Story Beta 0.2.1!

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Oh god Mochi was right, this is turning into coughRobotcoughStorycoughcough

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
They're bigger than before, but this is so small because king's lvl 3 sword was a gamebreaker.

Also, I have no idea what robot story is. Link/topic pls?

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM
beep boop
This mod IS like mine, but you forget to mention (or I never mentioned) that the main character is supposed to be like an earlier version of quote and curly, made to be able to gain trust with the locals, and then destroy them. The thing is, he slipped down a hole that led to the grassland, as it was called then. The other robots came from the lower entrance east of the balcony. (Sue's Story reference!)
Also, I'm working on a face pic for him, as to show when he is processing something, or when he remembers something. Also, I noticed that the Platinum Sword's beams are stupid because they are always in the same direction. If anyone knows if there is a way to change this, please let me know!

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Only level 3 blade faces all 4 directions unless you do some assembly.

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM
beep boop
What I mean is for the polar star replacement, the Platinum Sword. It's graphics for the bullet are always in one direction, the horizontal always facing right, and the vertical always facing up.

Also, played your mod, and I can say I understand why you don't want to talk about it. It was a great concept, but still had a lot of glitches. (Don't be offended by my review of going in and out of a door!)

Edit: Can anyone draw a hat? I can't figure it out. Anyway, new face pic! (For mod!)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1307]

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM
beep boop
Thanks! Now to recolor the hat...
(Also, this started out as Sue's unused human face, so even more credit to Pixle!)

Edit: Done! I also edited the face to not have a scouter, it's suppossed to be a broken eye, so I fixed it (Eyes don't overlap the hair, just a suggestion for future situations.), but left some of the shape because I liked it a lot. I thank you for the help, you are really great with pixel art and the like.

The picture:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1308]

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:16 PM
scrungy
Why does this still exist

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
mhmm let's dissuade all beginner modders so that they'll never improve out of fear of ridicule
i understand if it's people who are hard to deal with or refuse to improve but bionic does not share those qualities

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:59 AM
beep boop
I don't think that this is an actual burden to be ridiculed by modders of 7 years long ago, because it is an honor to be know by the people who have made the mods that so greatly improve upon my favorite game. You are the masters of level design, scripting, and the likes, so I do not mind this, because I know that these new generations of modders, (such as myself) have a lot to live up to. So as I say now, I am grateful for the attention this mod has been given, and WILL finish this mod, to hopefully show others that this is not a art of 7 years ago, but something that will go on as long as the internet is here people like games, and want more of said game, which is the wonderful gift that Pixel has given us, Cave Story.
Also I have nothing else to do with my life.

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM
War criminal
Please, tell us what happened years ago. Because I wasn't here in the forums then.

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:22 AM
beep boop
Ballos Story. Look it up.

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Bionicobot said:
You are the masters of level design, scripting, and the likes
hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahah no we aren't
Bionicobot said:
You are the masters of level design, scripting, and the likes
hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahah no we aren't

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM
beep boop
Modesty from the greats make them greater. (otherwise know as accept the complement and don't question it.)

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:34 AM
War criminal
Bionicobot said:
Modesty from the greats make them greater. (otherwise know as accept the complement and don't question it.)
We're accepting the compliment, but that doesn't make us better modders than what we actually are.

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:37 AM
beep boop
I still think of you as the best because you actually MADE something complete/ really fun, which is all the better than some of the mods I've seen, especially Japan.

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:41 AM
War criminal
I never made a complete mod. Look at Story Changed. It's shitty and incomplete. And yet you praise it like it's a gift from God.

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:02 AM
beep boop
Never knew you even MADE a mod, but that isn't the only reason. You guys are as funny as how a hobo in my neighborhood looks, and that's saying something!

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:16 AM
scrungy
Bionicobot said:
You guys are as funny as how a hobo in my neighborhood looks, and that's saying something!
Please don't