Can he really do that?

After all his name is...

MagicSouls

MS

MS Paint.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
What is Will thinking? Is he remembering his homeland?

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:36 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Heres a little sample of a webcomic I may be doing. I'm just wanting some feedback so's that I can make this better and maybe even post it here also(I primarily post it on my DA page)
p102735-0-882b61e37ee539704afaa7e644e619d7d5jugkh.png

P.S. Yes, my real name is Seth Doroshuk

P.P.S. I was going to copyright it, but then I found out that it costs money and so I haven't gotten around to removing the copyright symbol.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
P.P.S. I was going to copyright it, but then I found out that it costs money and so I haven't gotten around to removing the copyright symbol.
lol, who told you that
if you produce anything that is copyright-able (original art, stories, ideas, bla bla bla) then you are automatically entitled to copyright. At least, in Canada and the US and places where such laws exist. The more complicated thing is to prove your claim to being the original copyright holder, and generally what I've heard is that if it's something you are really serious about protecting then mail yourself a copy of it in a sealed envelope and it'll get postmarked with the date and stuff, so as long as you don't open the envelope it's good.

Patents cost money though.

@WD Maybe he is sad because he doesn't know any other cat-people.
I hadn't thought much about it.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
For a cat person, he sure has a long muzzle/snout. Makes him look more like a dog.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yeah that was a mistake.
maybe I should make myself some size references so I have something to compare against.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
Okay, here's issue #2 of my comic.
p102739-0-nullawebcomic2howmigonnafixthisbysentinentcodexd5l2twm.png

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
A collab I did with homura-senpai:
p102740-0-mamiqb3small.png

She drew the initial sketch, I expanded on it and refined it (added clothes mainly) and did the lineart and base colors, and then she did the shading.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
A card I made for my grandma
p102741-0-hbdaykitty.jpg

A woof I made in ARTISTIC BATTLE with GIR
p102741-1-woofoff.png

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
p102742-0-cgsn3.png

+1
You like this.

EDIT: Noxid for your Grandma's birthday you should have taught her how to make an indie game in Java.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Carrotlord said:
p102742-0-cgsn3.png

+1
You like this.

EDIT: Noxid for your Grandma's birthday you should have taught her how to make an indie game in Java.
Noxid's Grandma: Pixel Reloaded

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I droo sum fanart 4 umbreon feels like monater

p102744-0-zvzj0.png

herpaderp

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I know I already told you that I love this but I'll say it here again.
It's the feel-good amv of the year.

I got some watercolours for christmas and my brother told me to make an angry bird so I did.
p102745-0-angrybird281212.jpg

the scanner I used was less that par-quality

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
pls stop being so good you are embarrassing the rest of us

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM
The Preacher
I wanted to draw something, WD asked for "a bunch of feminazis raged over super princess peach because it depicts females as being emotionally unstable and PMSy" and I derived a little.

p102747-0-k0wv8.jpg

I'm pretty okay with how it turned out I guess

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Hey Hiino, you're pretty good at draw. I like your Samus. :D

Anyway, time to post my most recent creation and enjoy it/feel good about it while I can before I completely regret posting it here because at some point GIR will invariably weigh in and offer criticism with no constructive feedback on how to actually improve it because god forbid it if you can't look at something without seeing 1,384,293 errors in it and saying nice things about other people's work is a strict no no

p102748-0-tumblrmg4fcmv7ec1rrsokso1250.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
43501 said:
Hey Hiino, you're pretty good at draw. I like your Samus. :D

Anyway, time to post my most recent creation and enjoy it/feel good about it while I can before I completely regret posting it here because at some point GIR will invariably weigh in and offer criticism with no constructive feedback on how to actually improve it because god forbid it if you can't look at something without seeing 1,384,293 errors in it and saying nice things about other people's work is a strict no no

p102748-0-tumblrmg4fcmv7ec1rrsokso1250.gif
Damn that was hard to read at such a small font. The criticism I offer is constructive criticism normally, dinny. If I have a problem with an artist's piece I normally tell them why/in what area, which would lead them to a solution to fixing it. Recently I've stopped giving criticism to most people though, since I guess they just like to post their work to fish for praise and compliments, and anything negative said about their work is clearly just seething hatred. It's not like we should strive grow as an artist, no, art is drawn only as a form of self pleasure, and anything to inhibit this masturbatory process is frowned upon.

Anyways...

Yeah it looks nice, I think you did this one pretty good.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
It is to denote whispering.

I don't want to turn this thread into a debate so I'll only be brief on this, but it's not the fact that you criticize that's the problem. It's the fact that you give it where it's unwanted (I can think of two people who have said this to me), you don't usually provide instructions on remedies, and the fact that you don't tend to counterbalance your assessments with the things you actually like. A thorough critique usually encompasses what was done right, what was done wrong and what suggestions are. Analytically speaking about one aspect without the other two leads to a sort of unbalanced and unhelpful critique. It also happens when you get praise, but no suggestions or criticisms -- it's the same, but inverted. But yeah, I'm far from the only person to feel this way.

Have you ever thought of other alternatives for sharing art other than looking for improvements and masturbatory "fishing for praise", as you put it? Most of my art isn't aimed at either: it's aimed at providing enjoyment for others. To replicate the same feeling I get when I see other people do art of stuff I like. Contributing to a fandom. That sort of thing. And if you want to take the whole "pshaw you should never draw art just because you want to, you have to always be prepared to be treated as though you're an artist in training" thing to an extreme, you're welcome to -- just remember it doesn't apply to everyone. I genuinely do not care about "getting better". I draw once in a blue moon and I already know I get a bit better each time. I'm not under any pressure to improve faster than I am: I don't consider myself a visual artist in any way, shape or form, and my drawing is for recreation.

EDIT: ... And in this context, to make Gorr fans cream their pants.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
To make my point short and sweet: I feel that people shouldn't be so upset when their art is met with criticism if you're posting it publicly.

And my definition of constructive criticism is basically criticism that is not shallow. An example of shallow criticism would be like "This shit sucks". You didn't say my critiques were unbalanced, but that I did not offer constructive criticism, and to that I take offense. I wouldn't exactly argue with calling myself "overly critical".

I criticize art because I like it when people get better at it, and I enjoy good art. I feel you should treat criticism as something positive, rather than taking offense to it.

I think I know how you feel. You spend so long working on something, putting all this time and effort into it. And finally it's finished and you have something that's nice to look at. But then someone comes along and tells you it's "wrong". It sucks, it stings. But I think as long as you understand why they thought what they thought about it (what the error was or whatnot), you can learn from it. But maybe that's just me.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
To make my point short and sweet: I feel that people shouldn't be so upset when their art is met with criticism if you're posting it publicly.

And my definition of constructive criticism is basically criticism that is not shallow. An example of shallow criticism would be like "This shit sucks". You didn't say my critiques were unbalanced, but that I did not offer constructive criticism, and to that I take offense. I wouldn't exactly argue with calling myself "overly critical".

I criticize art because I like it when people get better at it, and I enjoy good art. I feel you should treat criticism as something positive, rather than taking offense to it.

I think I know how you feel. You spend so long working on something, putting all this time and effort into it. And finally it's finished and you have something that's nice to look at. But then someone comes along and tells you it's "wrong". It sucks, it stings. But I think as long as you understand why they thought what they thought about it (what the error was or whatnot), you can learn from it. But maybe that's just me.
Yep. That's a pretty good assessment. Also, our baseline for what makes a "constructive" critique is pretty different, and my standards are a lot higher/more specific by comparison, so I can see why you'd think your assessments were fair and helpful whereas I might not have. Like I said, I try to follow the good/bad/suggestions structure, even if it means I have to scrape around and grasp at straws a little. :D