EnlightenedOne

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Steam has a bunch of indie gems on sale: Kero Blaster, Momodora, Oneshot, La-Mulana to name a few.
    SeasonsOfDestiny
    SeasonsOfDestiny
    i already have every single game you listed
    oops
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    Good job.
    Random-storykeeper
    Random-storykeeper
    I got excited before realising I already own Kero Blaster and Oneshot, which made me disappointed.

But then I remembered that I haven't purchased the Oneshot OST, which apparently is also on sale as well! :O
    I can't believe it... It's done. I finished a mod! I'm not a complete failure!
    Leo40Story
    Leo40Story
    Turning failures into success, that's life. (yes that is related to the mod you finished)
    X-Calibar
    X-Calibar
    I never got around to finishing a mod T_T
    But in other news, played Enthology - Lost Chapters! That was a great way of showcasing content you've created for various projects! Plus you turned it into a compelling story. Wish I knew what would happen next!

The only bug? I ran into, was when I interacted with a fallen Toroko... which started a Cave Story Core dialogue. Probably not intended??
    Anyway, enjoyed it, and more people should play it if they aren't. In that case you should issue a challenge! or something, or not ;)

EDIT: Oh, and the custom music player, only plays two songs?
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    @X-Calibar Oh shoot, I guess NPC.tbl has Toroko automatically interactive, I'll add that to a list of fixes.

And with the music player it only plays the orgs that were added to the mod, I figured if you wanted to play the original cave story tracks you could do so elsewhere.

But yeah, thanks for giving it a try! I'm glad you liked it.
    I don't know why I still keep coming back. I have no real obligation or known desire yet here I am yet again.
    mckgamer
    mckgamer
    I think that's how we all feel with this site.
    Mint
    Mint
    It's quite simple actually, it's because there's N O , E S C A P E.
    Camero
    Camero
    Neek
    Happy New Year! Being in New Zealand, just left of the date line, and an hour or 2 before Australia, I'm the first one to enter 2017. Nothing really has changed much here so I guess this 2016 that people had a problem with was just the first year of our infinite downward spiral.
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    Well then, let's try to be as happy as possible right now while we still have the chance
    Well, this week I'm going to New Zealand for awhile... Let's see how many things I can release tomorrow (the deadline, since I won't have a chance to work on anything for at least a month)...
    I don't have time to do extensive testing or make the forum thread, as I have to leave for work in 10 minutes, but by releasing it here right now I can say that I made this mod in under 24 hours. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B76G5aPO5fjiNE1pZnpYaE96NWM I'll delete this post when I get the chance to make an official release.
    X-Calibar
    X-Calibar
    The save/load reset doesn't work for me? It doesn't seem to reset the script. First I went to the Hermit, didn't touch anything, save, leave the room and load. Then the Hermit gives me unlimited HP capsules~ But, then I save and load without moving and no script reset...
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    Wait a minute... Yeah that is messed up and soft-locks. I could have sworn that it would fix itself but it looks like I'm remembering the details wrong.
    I'll need to remove that false tip from the dog.

I'll figure something out if I can, will probably have to add a third item or something as an emergency reset switch.
    Alright, I don't know where to do updates so I guess right here is the best spot for now. "Enthology Alpha 0.0.0.8" is finished. It fixes the two game-breaking errors of the 2015 dumped version, with no new content (except that Oside.bmp has the actual graphics it was supposed to).
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    PM me if you really want it and will help me bugtest, though it would be more worth your time to wait until Beta 0.0.1.0 when the last two levels are finished.
    Okay it's official, I'm back now. I stopped 10 feet from the finish line and I no longer care about how I place.
    SeasonsOfDestiny
    SeasonsOfDestiny
    don't forget
    you're here forever
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    I AM finishing it. This is an analogy of a race, because I was that close to finishing it and I'd rather cross that finish line rather than giving up.
    So... for awhile I've had an idea for a minimod (basically 2 small map ideas, something I can ACTUALLY FINISH, you know?), and I'm pretty sure it would be the last mod I'd ever make (other than an update?). Since It's been a year since I've done this, why don't I film and commentate the entire thing? A resource for newcomers to see a mod from start to finish?
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    I'd edit some stuff to keep things running so it's not just me fixing my own bugs/drawing and placing sprites, but imagine, if I just casually recorded it and talked about what I was doing (but not slowing down the process TOO much), it could be a couple hours of tutorials. Switching and combining spritesheets, replacing org files, basic weapon customization, applying an assembly patch... it would be a basic dip into it all.
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    Yeah, that would be a great idea! Seeing how it's done in real time would be very helpful for new modders.
    has our hero returned
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    I would redefine your definition of "hero", but yeah I'm back for now. I'm not doing the whole full-time modding thing though... (maybe I'll release a map or two).

Also, I know you've been pushing it, but I've never used this god-of-chaos... er... discord stuff before. Someday soon I'll signup for it. I promise.
    BLink
    BLink
    It's so easy to use and resource light and everything else and you can use it in your browser if you want even.

Also you are the god of chaos.
    Floppy Disks actually kinda suck. Every small game I know just had to be at least 2 MB. I picked the wrong hobby.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…