Show off your org music...

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
@Doors: That's a very nice conversion :D If you could make the high notes a little softer, or pick a less 'beepy' instrument, it'd be ideal. The Way sounds about right as well, aside from a similar problem with the chords sounding a bit loud and distorted. I also really like SkySanctuary and its Gradius-ish vibe, although it could do with a better loop point.

@ Clord: Sounds like a fanfare? It doesn't have a lot of direction or consistency. Maybe try not to fit so many different notes in.

If anyone else from the last year or so wants some more feedback feel free to ask

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Really? REALLY? Wow you two are dead. Also, you two probably have no childhood at all.

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:17 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Nov 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I am dead as well then. Nice org Doors.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Professional Whatever
Thanks guys.
And uh no shane, it's not. It's from Chrono Trigger. Although I do think Lun made a midi of Schala's theme at one point.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Okay, just two remixes, which I will be using in Cave Story Re:coded and/or The Curse of Il'andri'iel... (and maybe any future mods of mine).

Starsong (Extended Version)
A remix of... well, (probably) obviously, Moonsong. I felt the non-extended version wouldn't be worth a download, so I went ahead and uploaded the extended version.
The song of the stars. STARSONG

Sorrowful Past
A remix of Break Down, which is definitely going to be in Cave Story Re:coded. I think this is the only ORG that almost managed to make me cry. Somehow. It probably sounds a bit horrible, though, but if it sounds very sad, then I succeeded in remixing an ORG to sound horribly sad, which was the intention.
The sad, sorrowful song. The sad, lonely song. SORROWFUL PAST

Thanks guys.
And uh no shane, it's not. It's from Chrono Trigger. Although I do think Lun made a midi of Schala's theme at one point.
*facepalms*
*grabs an useless keyboard and bashes self with it twice*
I got confused with Scatha from The Way...

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Professional Whatever
@Sorrowful past
Pretty nice, the only things I don't like about it is that track 2 is way too loud and that it just keeps rising in pitch and gets kind of annoying. Also that part near the end where it suddenly goes from MEGA HIGH to super low was a bit too extreme of a drop in pitch in my opinion.

@Starsong
Okay I know for a fact you just took this song, increased the tempo and transposed it to a lower pitch, then just copypasted a bit of the song somewhere else to make it sound like a remix. Although, you did execute it fairly well, so good job.
I also learned that moonsong sounds beautiful no matter how you transpose it :/

Edit: I could listen to this song for forever ("Night")

Original as always ("B+Night")

I'm going to start deleting some of my older uploaded orgs to clean up my mediafire account. I'll still have the orgs, so if you want to hear them just ask. If I didn't actually provide a name for the org in the post then tell me and I'll just upload them all for you.

Nov 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Really? REALLY? Wow you two are dead. Also, you two probably have no childhood at all.

No, I was born in the Nintendo 64 era. Sorry..

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM
The Eternal Darkness
@Sorrowful past
Pretty nice, the only things I don't like about it is that track 2 is way too loud and that it just keeps rising in pitch and gets kind of annoying. Also that part near the end where it suddenly goes from MEGA HIGH to super low was a bit too extreme of a drop in pitch in my opinion.

At least I tried, I'll go fix it as soon as I can, otherwise I'll be annoying everyone who plays Cave Story Re:coded. *insert laughing animated smiley here*
... I guess I'll experiment a bit with Track 2 until it explodes and makes me go crazy with ideas for random bosses that nobody has ever seen before (which will obviously fail because I can't ASM without causing thousands of problems).

@Starsong
Okay I know for a fact you just took this song, increased the tempo and transposed it to a lower pitch, then just copypasted a bit of the song somewhere else to make it sound like a remix. Although, you did execute it fairly well, so good job.
I also learned that moonsong sounds beautiful no matter how you transpose it :/
Wait, what?
*downloads and plays in ORG Maker*
*facepalms*
Oh, damn. I accidentally uploaded the backup of the ORG in case I mess up. >:/

As for the transpose thing (whatever that is) I have no idea what you mean. Is that something ORG Maker 2 related? If it is, then I guess I'll have to download it as soon as possible...

And I couldn't think of a correct word so I used "remix" - if only my English was better than my Afrikaans... :/

Anger-related:

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

... Why can't Google Chrome just POST the damn post when I click post?! I have to freaking click Post 15 times just to post! :mad:

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Professional Whatever
As for the transpose thing (whatever that is) I have no idea what you mean. Is that something ORG Maker 2 related? If it is, then I guess I'll have to download it as soon as possible...
It basically means change all the notes to a higher or lower pitch.
...Wait, you're not using OM2? I highly recommend you use that instead. It's better in most ways, although you gotta be careful about what instruments you use.

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Based Member
although you gotta be careful about what instruments you use.
By that, he means that Drum track 1 should be set to Bass 1, track 2 to Snare 1, track 3 to HiClose, track 4 to HiOpen, track 5 to Tom1, and track 6 to Per1. And the seventh and eighth drum tracks shouldn't be used, as they will cause the game to crash. Just thought I'd embellish.

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Professional Whatever
It has to be in that order? That would explain why The Way sounds funny ingame.

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM
The Eternal Darkness
It basically means change all the notes to a higher or lower pitch.
Ah.
So basically, I did it the hard way, then... :/

...Wait, you're not using OM2? I highly recommend you use that instead. It's better in most ways, although you gotta be careful about what instruments you use.
And it's probably required to play certain ORGs, because I've found ORGs that Org Maker (1) can't play.
Anyway, maybe I should try.

By that, he means that Drum track 1 should be set to Bass 1, track 2 to Snare 1, track 3 to HiClose, track 4 to HiOpen, track 5 to Tom1, and track 6 to Per1. And the seventh and eighth drum tracks shouldn't be used, as they will cause the game to crash. Just thought I'd embellish.
Thanks, I had to learn that the hard way. :\

Anyway, five more ORGs.

Sky High Castle II: (at least, I think that's 2)
A "remix" or whatever it's called, of Wind Fortress. I don't think it's in a Sky High Castle but it will be at Destiny's Tower of Cave Story Re:coded, I guess. Also, the intro's much different than in Wind Fortress, and it's a longer ORG than Wind Fortress.

Castle Gates:
I tried to make a remix of Quest for Glory II's song at the Raseir palace after the hero gets out of the Forbidden City (after the villain has some statue-thing), but I guess it failed. Oh well, I tried, and that's what counts, in my opinion. Anyway...
Castle Gates will be in Cave Story Re:coded, and maybe Shane's Cave Story 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. (yes, I'm planning four sequels to SCS)

Debug:
An epic failure, but I decided to upload it here in any case. Who knows, maybe it's good enough for Re:coded.
After all, Re:coded takes place in a virtual place (mostly) so Debug sounds good for me. But what's good for me may not be good for others, after all. Listen to this ORG at your own risk. Wouldn't want everyone getting angry at me :p
I tried my best, but I think that my Devastation ORG is much, MUCH better than this one!

Traitorous Fight:
A remix (or whatever the correct term is) of Last Battle (transposed manually with Org Maker 1 because I didn't have Org Maker 2 because I thought it would mess up all ORGs opened with it and prevent them from being used in CS mods) that will be in Re:coded as well. A Traitorous Fight is indeed possible, because I may have one of the protagonists becoming a boss. Or maybe Curly Brace being a boss (but much different than one would expect; her new sprites are already finished)...

Devastation:
My first nice ORG, it is in the Destroyed Egg Corridor of Shane's Cave Story 1. It matches the Devastation that the place received, although why I placed a few Teleporters under the main corridor, I have no idea... Could be a loose end for the plot that will be tied up in the sequels, I guess...

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Veteran Member
My first ever .org is a version of violet city, from pokemon gold/silver/crystal, i basically just tried to replicate the piano roll of a MIDI of violet city, i only got about 35% in, and then realized it would take loooonnggg to finish it, also the drums are just random beats, i didnt dare try and replicate the drum roll of the MIDI. Download(Zip):View attachment violetcitygs.zip

Last edited by a moderator: