Show off your org music...

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
For the former, it's hard to find good sheet music for "Reprise". I'll probably try this again at some point.
Have you tried transcribing by ear before? It's harder, but you're most likely to do a more faithful transcription staying closer to the original material.

For the latter, recall that I'm forcing a complex song into ORG. Some note variations are going to have to be accepted due to the limitations of ORGmaker.
The limitations of ORG Maker don't necessarily mean you have to miss out on notes deliberately (which you seem to implying with this quote). Generally features like note bending do require a user to be more creative in finding ways to replicate the sound because of ORG's limitations, but "Can You Really Call This a Hotel..." doesn't have them. I do think you would be able to put in the notes you missed out, but I'll address it further below.

Also, I feel like decay is something that's up to personal opinion. I know in your ORGs you tend to use a lot of fast decays and not so many slower ones, and I do the opposite, and that's just the way it works.
Well, yes and no. For starters, I could have worded my statement better because I wasn't being specific - it's not all the notes that need a faster decay, but there are some that should. Secondly, comparing my ORGs to yours isn't exactly the best grounds for justifying a note decay personal preference. I (for the most part) post original compositions, while you mostly post transcriptions. Usually with transcriptions, people try to replicate a certain piece to sound as close to the original piece as they can get. And if the notes are quickly fading out in the original work, then I guess the only personal opinion that comes into play is how close you want to do the original justification or if you want to make it your own (which is fine too).

But yeah, if you aren't letting "personal opinion" get in the way, try listening to the original "Can You Really Call This a Hotel..." at half the speed - you will notice that those starting notes/chords aren't joined together - they basically fade out pretty quickly the moment they are played, but are not completely detached. Really, the closest way to replicate this sound in ORG is to make a faster volume decay curve. But by setting the second volume value you have for these opening notes (tracks 4 and 5) at almost the same height as its first volume value, you're not going to get much of that "quick fadeout" sound you would hear in the original piece.

EDIT: Also for the latter, I'd already started the song and realized that there were 32nd notes in the piece until I'd already started it, and at that point its a little late to change the size of the measures.
Maybe, if you're still using v1. Otherwise, doubling the resolution is your friend, man. Also, with longer notes, you would be able to make a more proper fast decay curve for tracks 4 and 5.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2015 at 3:46 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Have you tried transcribing by ear before? It's harder, but you're most likely to do a more faithful transcription staying closer to the original material.

Maybe, if you're still using v1. Otherwise, doubling the resolution is your friend, man. Also, with longer notes, you would be able to make a more proper fast decay curve for tracks 4 and 5.

To the first part: Me? Transcribe by ear? You've got to be joking. I'm lucky to notice the difference between two notes a semitone off. Trust me, I've tried transcribing by ear before, and I am utter garbage at it. I've been practicing but I'm not ready to do any sort of huge project with it yet.

To the second part: As far as I know v2 doesn't extend or shorten your notes when you change resolution. I'd have to redo the entire song.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
As far as I know v2 doesn't extend or shorten your notes when you change resolution. I'd have to redo the entire song.

it does, i just tried it

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
To the second part: As far as I know v2 doesn't extend or shorten your notes when you change resolution. I'd have to redo the entire song.
Jaws please.

If you're using "Song Setup" to change the grid size, then yes, you are basically going to have to redo the entire song.

BUT, under "Operations", there's an option at the bottom called "change resolution". Increase that by 2x, stand back and be utterly amazed.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:25 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Dec 29, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Jaws please.

If you're using "Song Setup" to change the grid size, then yes, you are basically going to have to redo the entire song.

BUT, under "Operations", there's an option at the bottom called "change resolution". Increase that by 2x, stand back and be utterly amazed.

A whole new world has opened up to me. I never knew you could do that.

My longest org yet, clocking in at 112 measures:

Hopes and Dreams

I'm questioning your instrument choice and note placement just a tiny bit, but there's more than enough hope for it :D

Your instruments sound too soft and don't have enough oomph to them, especially with the decay style you used on some of them (I see what RSK meant now).

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2015 at 6:08 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I realized I've been either posting things on Soundcloud or not posting them publicly at all so I figure it's good to post some things here again.

A piece I made a month or two ago:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mhl2uu3fa2g347/Procrastination1.org?dl=0

Short loop I made today:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjcu2qz66gtqq40/Tnatropmi era smurd.org?dl=0

Remix of a theme from Neon Genesis Evangelion not done in the crunchy, drum heavy style of the other two:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5o37e2fpy4b9kw/The Beast 2.org?dl=0

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2016 at 8:15 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Jan 2, 2016 at 3:59 AM
Jan 2, 2016 at 5:59 PM
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:29 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Jan 4, 2016 at 9:20 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It was on soundcloud, not on here. At least, im pretty sure i didnt post it here.

oops, i did post it, uh...

Have Prelude in stead, so sorry.
'tis from FF7. 'Tis good, i promise.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

The name alone is amazing. Everything about this is cool.

Also, to respond to this song (and to add my name to millions of people who've covered MeGaloVania) I did this, PSI BITCHKILL. It's a cover of the Homestuck rendition of the aforementioned song. The notes in the added solos are probably wrong because the MIDI I used has multiple fuckups and I can't transcribe by ear.