New profile posts

Progress on Xenoa: Lunar Shadow: started with Yes Town's map. (Serenity's house appears to be finished, at least for now.)
Hina
Hina
at last
I was wondering, why did you add the Beta greek letter in Infinity, is it to not be mistaken or something?
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
When I thought of the name, I thought "Infinity" and then randomly thought of the "β" letter, so I combined them, and made "Infinityβ".
Can I rip your quote face pics. Lol I'm to lazy to make some so.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Yeah I don't see why not, Romana Dell originally made them so if you use them credit her please, thanks
Brite
Brite
e
CRT update #3: hopefully this sunday i'll be able to get it

my crt tv adventure has been crazy you wouldn't believe
can't wait to play ratatouille GameCube on the crt once I get it :heart:
autumn_mnya
autumn_mnya
I will not be able to get it this sunday*

beginning to get upset! nooo!!
Orbit
Orbit
Oh man :c
I really wouldn't want to see this journey end with a "I'm not going to be getting a CRT anymore." post. See what you can do and try to persevere.
autumn_mnya
autumn_mnya
Update #2:
The person giving it away, his schedule changed and now tomorrow WORKS

YIPPIE
i have found something fun to do (what a relief)
existingaccount
existingaccount
I'm not sure what you mean by "Hacking", but I'm using RPG maker itself to do the work if that helps.
existingaccount
existingaccount
update: i am a dumb stupid idiot
existingaccount
existingaccount
yet another update (does anybody care about this anyway?): made hugo and the judge/batter two gimmicky bosses following the climax (queen). hugo is a damage race (and is currently way too hard). you fight the judge with no add-ons, adding challenge to the fight while still giving it the same vibe it had in the original game. the batter is a much more tense and difficult fight that needs to be taken out as quickly as possible since he is constantly reducing your agility.
added a new boss to zone 3 called the triplet burnts and rare random enounters to the pedalo ride in zone 2 in case you need to grind before the balloon game valzong burnt fight.
i can't believe that you of all people never actually tried haunted house story : o
i actually thought you played all the mods on the site! and i'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, i just... somehow it doesn't click
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Haha, believe it or not, I've missed a lot of mods. I remember when I was new here, I was trying to play and review every new mod being released, but there were just too many mods coming out and I was too busy for that to be practical. I was a bit less active during my college years, so there were a lot of mods released between fall 2015 and spring 2019 that I missed. I've had considerably more free time since graduating college and getting a job, and this place has gotten less active, so I've managed to get just about every mod that has come out within the last few years. I still need to play Evergreen, Video Game+, ACCS, and HEAD MAN, though.
update i did not get the CRT TV this past weekend :(
Orbit
Orbit
Rip the dream but wait, maybe not!
I would probably die of nostalgic overload if I was to play my old games on a CRT. It's definitely a worthwhile investment and I hope there's no further issues to you acquiring it.
BLink
BLink
Technically CRTs (at 60fps) do have 8.3 ms delay at the center, and 16.6 ms delay at the bottom of the screen. It has to run in such a way that displaying from top to bottom, it syncs up to the frame rate and is ready to display the next frame as the first one is done rendering.

Also I have 23 CRTs. They are very cool!
Hina
Hina
the rendering line added a certain charm to those chunky screens =w=
let's say i was hypothetically going to make a little mod to make myself less rusty with asm and tsc, which concept sounds the best? puzzle, platforming, regular 2d cave story gameplay, another hullet bell but better, or ..?
Orbit
Orbit
Why not all the above
I'm also interested in seeing CS themed puzzles
Hina
Hina
@Orbit that's the kind of conclusion i'm coming up with now, just.. mash everything up, blend it together, slap a simple coat of paint on it, and see what it becomes
i've already laid some groundwork, now i just need to plan it out and create the best - or the worst - hybrid anyone's ever seen
Orbit
Orbit
That's the spirit! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
After a while of thinking, I think it would be best if I put Project Ampersand on an indefinite hold.
I'm doing this because my current conditions make it difficult for progress to be made.
I'm not very good with TSC. I'm only passable at making maps. I have to rely on someone else to edit the source code. I have to rely on other people to create artwork/sprites because I can't draw, and the artists are never able to finish anything for the mod. And the only thing I'm actually really good at is music.
For so long, I really didn't want to put Project Ampersand on hold because I wanted people to have hope for it, and I didn't want it to end up like other abandoned/cancelled mods. Now I've realized that I should, given the conditions I stated.
While Project Ampersand is on hold, I will participate in modfests more often, and use the mods I make during those modfests as practice.
I will try to practice drawing, as well as maybe learning how to use a game engine like Unity or Godot or something. I'll also put more time into learning Japanese, but I don't know if that's really on topic.
I've been procrastinating for so long, and I have only three years left until I'm an adult. I need to become more skilled at these things, so I can be successful in doing the things I want to do, and to quell the pain of this mid life crisis.
Along side that, starting today, I will no longer be known as Extra Life. Starting today, I will now be known as...

Infinityβ
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Hey Infinity, go for what makes you happy; and I like the name change, it's cool. Can't wait to see what comes out of your work.
Orbit
Orbit
It shows a lot a strength to walk away from a passion project to work on yourself. For whatever project you take on in the future, whether it's for CS or not, I trust you'll make something great. "To Infinity and βeyond" but that joke was already made.
Cibryll
Cibryll
∞β?

But yeah, practice makes perfect!
The others already said what I would've liked to say. =P
i will be getting a CRT TV this weekend hopefully (ultimate gamecube gaming coming soon............)
Orbit
Orbit
Getting that premium retro experience
Nerdieo
Nerdieo
BRO EARLY 2000S SIMULATOR LETS GOOOO
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 7.58.14 pm.png
i am a serious sprite artist :]

also, i've started a new job which has taken up a lot of my energy - plus getting my hands on a copy of legends: arceus and the impending release of the new kirby game... i'm gonna be distracted for a while, aren't i...

oh well, i'll cycle back around to fixating on modding soon enough, i have something i wanna get out for april fools at least!
I've been tempted to get a rabbit as a pet and giving it some cave story related name but idk yet maybe i should finish my next video first
Nerdieo
Nerdieo
I've had rabbits before, and I genuinely love them! I have some experience with the care, but had to give them away since I wasn't able to afford them anymore.
Hina
Hina
in this case, go ahead! that should be a lovely hobby (if it counts?) and a great conversation piece, plus you'll have an adorable bunny =w=
Eli
Eli
the ultimate meme would be to name it toroko and only feed it red coloured flowers (*do not actually do this)
One endless loop can destroy a lot more than I thought.
Hina
Hina
resetting windows should not remove any of your files if you're on win8 or higher? and dlls, yeah, those can be a pain
Cibryll
Cibryll
Aside from the Windows folder (which got completely reset), Windows 10 removed files that were in the AppData and ProgramData folders, though; I'm guessing hidden folders aren't exactly safe places for files. Kinda stupid that some games (and programs) would store save data there instead of, say, Saved Games or Documents, but… oh well. Best I can do is make the best of the situation.
Just about 14 games affected by the missing DLLs, though, and that should be easy enough to deal with.
Hina
Hina
that's a shame, but it does make sense in one way or another
Back