New profile posts

I just found out there's a backup of Doukutsu Uploader called Cave Shelter? Was this common knowledge?
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Serri
Serri
Bless the person who saved some stuff from Doukutsu Uploader. Including mods like Japanese Cave Story 2, Iron Bond, and the 4th demo release of WTF Story
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
The 2010 and earlier backup was a response to the DU only keeping the most recent 1000 files (after the DU hit 1000 files old stuff started disappearing). So the earliest stuff on the DU was lost by the time Cave Shelter was set up. The 2010-2018 archive was clearly a response to the DU going down after the fact, probably by people pooling together stuff they downloaded. The 2010-2018 archive only contains 58 files, out of a grand total of 1000. That is 950+ files lost from the DU that Cave Shelter didn't back up.
today i had the honor of cleaning out a 22 year old windows xp computer. the owner had not used it in 12 years and gave it away. i found a lot of stuff like a hatemail folder which contained various documents written angrily against people they knew, and various businesses. this old lady had her whole life on this machine. it was a dell dimension, and still had the matching CRT monitor. That was fun carrying back to my car (along with the pc itself) from the IT class lol.

i didn't go through much of the personal stuff since it just felt weird, but interesting nonetheless. a lot of character on a windows xp installation lol.
i feel like that one day, i'll ask to make a really minor soundtrack for a cave story mod and then give up the moment i place the first note
I have arisen from the grave!
Now watch as i proceed to fall back into the grave... as i don't know what to do D':
Live a Live and Atelier Sophie 2 were the best games this year and I refuse to accept otherwise
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Nah that's valid. Live a Live is amazing and I also highly recommend it.
Mint
Mint
Ah, fellow man of culture
Nerdieo
Nerdieo
I have Live a Live but haven't played it yet cause GoW, Pokemon, and Bayo 3, so this has me excited!
the second part of the bloodstained sanctuary is by far the worst one to speedrun. all of the other parts are fun, but the second room is responsible for so many failed runs to get king's title screen that i don't even remember how many times i died to that room. i didn't even get king's title screen in the end, ballos's death animation took too long. edit: i was getting toroko's theme, not king's theme.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
What if falling blocks weren't invulnerable, but could be destroyed with enough damage? Or if physics were introduced, change their trajectory? If you had bad RNG, you might be able to save yourself with a well placed Spur or slow a large block down with the explosion of a few missiles.

EDIT: And why should falling blocks hurt you if you land on them momentarily from the top? Would be interesting to lightly touch down on falling blocks with the booster v2.0, refilling your boost.
Or if blocks would stack up on the screen, or some break through the ground revealing spikes?

Anyway, I bet bloodstained 2 could be remixed into something curious. Even with falling blocks as a premise.
thinking about making a hard mode for cave story that doesn't just place death spikes everywhere
Cibryll
Cibryll
Using the NO NPC tile type for rooms like the Undead Core in a horizontal zigzagging pattern…
(At least in theory.)

Not gonna lie, I wanna see a third Core-type boss that's armoured. T_T
existingaccount
existingaccount
ideas that i've come up with:
although they won't be around the entire game, death spikes will be spammed to ridiculous levels in certain areas that aren't based around platforming, like monster x's arena. in labyrinth m, curly brace leaves you behind to speedrun the level, and you have to fight the extremely strong enemies on your own. you drown 50% faster, and curly's air tank only makes the process 50% slower than in vanilla. the snake deals more damage and there are more walls made to interrupt other projectiles, making it much more viable. misery fights along with the first core fight, although she will have less hp and less attacks. edit: all falling blocks are removed. i somehow forgot just how much i despise rng. a save point appears before ballos's fight.
Serri
Serri
>falling block generator

You've officially lost me there. Never think the RNG blocks counts as a fucking challenge. It's only sadism at its finest.
Back