New profile posts

im back simpletons and this time i have my latest weapon: the YELLOW FLOWER! It makes the Mimiga PISS ON COMMAND when they eat it! WE CAN FINALLY PISS ON THE MOON!
This year can't end soon enough… but then, somehow someone got around CE's map issues. Time'll tell if it'll be of any use or not, haha.

So 2021 was a mixed bag of "terrible" and "potentially great", I guess.
Last night was rough...I knew you could get hungover but fuck me man
Willow
Willow
The main thing I remember is that I had a very long conversation about Harry Potter and then one of my friends mentioned J.K Rowling and we all collectively started shitting on J.K Rowling
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Woddles is now an adult, not because he drank but because he shitted on J.K. Rowling lol
Willow
Willow
Thank you Cold
So I was browsing through some old stuff and happened to come across a profile post ~9 years ago where you mentioned that your dream is to become a mechanical engineer. Just curious, what became of that? Where are you in life now?
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Ah yes, I remember that conversation with GoldenBlade. A little over a year after I wrote that post, I ended up changing my mind and deciding that I wanted to be a software engineer instead. I graduated high school in May 2015, went to college and majored in Computer Science, graduated in May 2019, and then soon after landed a job as a software engineer for a cybersecurity company. I've been working that job for almost 2 1/2 years now.
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
I see. Glad to hear that you've achieved what you wanted to!
I love your pfp, the original fanart is still my pfp on roll20.

1639853945411.png
BigMan
BigMan
Thanks, boss! Great minds think alike lol.
I'd show you what I originally wanted it too be but I have no idea how to insert images.
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
Oh, the stupid forum didn't notify me(or maybe I'm dumb true)
To put it simply, you can do Ctrl+P to insert an image!
Alright so here's the idea.
I'm thinking of making a thread about peoples memories of cave story. I wanted to make it not just so i can achieve my own fleeting memories but I also think it'll be fun to hear from other members their experience and memories with the game. I know reminiscing is pretty common on the forum so I don't want it too seem irrelevant. What do you guys think?
Orbit
Orbit
That'd be a really interesting thread to read. I third it.
Zoey
Zoey
Oo same!! please make a thread!! I'd love to hear mine and everyone elses memories
BigMan
BigMan
That seems like a great idea! Do you want to save it for the anniversary (in a few days)?
Yeah, that was the idea. I'll get it up by the morning of the 20th.
Looking at FNAF Security Breach spoilers without playing the game may actually be more scary than the actual game,

(I have not played it yet,)
wassup bigman .
BigMan
BigMan
not much my man
just chilling, happy to be here.
Zoey
Zoey
!!! happy you're here bro!
so are you all big fans of cave story around these parts
Eli
Eli
the REAL cvae story...... is the freinds we made along the way..........
Raymundo
Raymundo
Cave Story is bad HOWEVER, Misery is the best character in the entire game.
The only good thing abt it.
Orbit
Orbit
What are these Cave Story fans doing in my Ikachan fan forum?
Update regarding the "corrupting mod type of thing:"

So, I am working on two projects at the moment here. I am working on a whole new mod (something that is NOT "CSBB") and another mod where it IS a "CSBB." Let's focus on the "CSBB" type of mod:

Each time I finish modding modding (like, the executable of the game for example), I always test the game to ensure everything works smoothly. Once it meets my satisfaction standards, I feel proud of myself and move onto whatever other task I have thereafter. At the end of the day, I power off my PC (or Virtual Machine, in this case) and do whatever else, like heading to bed. The next day I go to edit my mod (the executable, again) again, CaveEditor just crashes. Why? Because discovering by going into the game's directory, I notice that the game has absolutely no icon, and executing it will alert you that it has been corrupted (additionally, DoConfig still has an icon). It just seems like that every time I power off my machine and boot back into it, Windows just corrupts the entire game (not the files, just the executable). I am not sure why, but a majority (~20) of my mods, that are stored in the same folder (Documents), are still perfectly fine. I have absolutely no idea why this happens. It is extremely unlikely that using a Virtual Machine will cause it to corrupt it; my other mods are perfectly fine, and they would have been corrupted by now if that was the issue.
I have not tried another machine other than this machine, but I already have the same expectations. I use a Virtual Machine specifically because I choose to not install any games onto my new, main PC. I do, however, have another machine, such as a laptop, that can run Cave Story (and CS mods), but it does not have great performance and can cause applications to lag because of its old processor, and its storage drive (HDD instead of an SSD).

So, I am actually out of ideas. Running the game in Compatibility Mode will not do any good, because the game is already corrupted. I have made several backups stored, but those got corrupted as well.
Any help is appreciated, though.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Sounds like hard drive failure possibly. I'd do a check for that and back things up.
thinking about making a sequel to "BLISS" as my final mod of this year
i do have some concepts in mind for some gameplay
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
If this is your final mod "of the year," then would this be a short-term project, since the year is almost over?
autumn_mnya
autumn_mnya
Yeah, it would be.
The original Bliss actually took only 5 days to create, and since Bliss 2 would be based on the base I already have for Bliss 1 -- It'd take a reasonable amount of time for me to create :)
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Ah, gotcha. That's cool, most of my projects these days don't have that quick of a turnaround.
Back