New profile posts

fun fact: I have said this many times before, but did you know that when anglerfish mate, the male slowly melts and becomes parasitic with the female as the host? As if the concept of the animal itself wasn't weird enough.
i love reading old warning and ban threads because you get to see what moronic shit happened circa 10 years ago
existingaccount
existingaccount
"ColdCallerLoopy has been banned for 333 days because I don't want to press more than one number key"
Hina
Hina
i loved to necro before the old content warning was added
just went through and archived all of my ORGs from 2015-2022 (and I plan to keep this up whenever i finish any new orgs)
most are inside the Old folder but keep in mind most of those are from when i was like 10 and aren't very good
free to use any of them but please credit : )
All my life, I've attempted to try playing through "Pokemon FireRed", and never really got far. If I did get far, I would be using fast forward, and eventually even cheat. As a kid, this is what I did at least, and no wonder I didn't find the game very fun.

Now, I'm actually trying to play through the game. I'm playing it on a DSi via GbaRunner2, meaning that it's running on real hardware, and with 0 fast forward or cheating. It feels really good too, I'm actually having lots of fun playing through the game!!

Also I can transfer my save file to my phone and use an emulator there to trade pokemon between firered and leafgreen -- whether that be a second instance of leafgreen on my own phone, or trading with a friend that just so happens to also own the game on their phone (We've traded some pokemon, they're playing through leafgreen)

Rant over, just having lots of fun playing this :)
Aar
Aar
Is GBARunner2 actually good enough to use yet? I haven't ever really bothered with it
autumn_mnya
Evil update: I just finished HOME. Great game. As close as a successor to OFF a fangame could get story-wise. The combat system, though still not perfect, is leagues better than whatever OFF had to show. The game started off a bit wonky but it manages to keep on giving all the way through to the end, and it even has a nice true ending.

That being said, getting to it was a pain as I spent 3-4 hours trying to figure out what I did wrong only to realize that I answered a question incorrectly some ways back. Good thing I kept a save file for it, otherwise I don't think I could've sat through another 5 hours retracing my steps and recollecting everything-

As a whole, I liked it as much as I did OFF.
existingaccount
existingaccount
the screaming burnt constantly spammed hat trick, which took about 1/3 of my entire party's max hp. it had incredibly high agility. not fun.
the screaming burnt after the balloon game is actually a different burnt than the other screaming burnts, same applies to the military burnt. Sanchiata's first fight was definitely the reason why zone 4 was so hard though, talk about an overwhelming fight

oh, and if you're playing NEW for the love of god play on silent, zone 3 is really fun on mediocre but once zone 3 is over it's nothing but pain until the final boss (speaking of which, the final boss is actually really fun!)
Orbit
Orbit
Oh, I almost forgot about Shachihata's first fight. I'm not sure if I struggled more with him or the initial military burnt, but yeah, had a hard time with them both. With the screaming burnt, I think I remember having struggles with them too. Wish I was able to record the game to see how I managed : /

Also, thanks for the advice... but too bad I already started a save file on deadly and... oh man...
existingaccount
existingaccount
then start a new save file on silent, you can only get to level 32 in one of the areas and it is definitely not enough to beat the boss there
i only recommend playing deadly on NG+ because you get a headstart
i feel like the fact that you can see the most recent profile posts on the front page could potentially be used for evil
Orbit
Orbit
As if it hasn't already.
Progress on Xenoa: Lunar Shadow: finished the tileset for the forest between Yes Town and the Lunar Soul Castle (no relation to MagicDoors or Slither or whatever his present name is).
Also finished Yes Town's first district, and… that's currently it. I haven't even worked on most of the scripts yet. -_-"
Cibryll
Cibryll
I do have some ideas for the Gomu Forest boss, but those are currently just ideas.
Also have some ideas for a few new outfits. (Hopefully I won't go overboard when I do get around to it, haha.)
cave story modding nowadays is soo hard for me

i have so many new ideas (story-wise) for the big mod I've been wanting to make for a year now, but I just can't bring myself to even open boosters lab, or open visual studio to work on the code of the mod (CSE2)

sucks!
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
I know the feel. There are always dry seasons for just about any project that requires more than a couple months of work.
Hina
Hina
i can totally relate
i *started* two projects just to put them aside before actually doing much with them in the past month. i have asked on the forums for ideas but i really lacked motivation to make them into reality, aaand yeah. sometimes... it's just like that, i suppose
Cibryll
Cibryll
I'm kinda in a similar (metaphorical) ship, haha.

I mean. The only project I've actually finished was a badly-executed Cave Story mod.
All the hundreds of other projects are either unfinished or haven't even been started (or are just plain trapped within the eternal planning phase since they're way out of my abilities).

Though I'm able to get myself to open up CaveEditor, I don't really feel like doing much and end up just closing it and playing video games spending time on forums and doing research on stuff. Though, there'll probably be a time that I just wanna spend on modding instead of other things. It happens at times.

I don't think any Cave Story mod could handle a majority of my ideas though, haha. (Plus some of them might simply end up being a terrible idea. Like a Level 10 Crescent Moon. =p )
i once devoted myself to creating a clone of cave story in c++ but it seems as if my computer hates it when i try to program using any language that is challenging and wants me to stay in any game engine that brags about being easy
Hard to believe it's been 10 years since I posted my infamous Cave Story 4th Ending video. So much has happened since then.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Wow, that's great to hear Nerdieo! So glad that it had a positive impact on you, thanks for sharing that with me.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
That video was actually one of the first Cave Story fan videos I ever saw. It also introduced me to Cave Story modding.
Fatih
Fatih
I've probably mentioned it somewhere down the line that I fell for the video back when I was relatively new without knowing it was a fellow forum member (unless I wasn't on the forums at the time? I don't remember)

Don't recall where I've said this but I think I did
Finished playing OFF and, well, I think my brain is still trying to process what I saw. Great game in terms of everything besides the combat. Basically a spam Z simulator and maybe the down key gets pressed every now and again.
Orbit
Orbit
Oh? Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out when I can aka when I'm writing this reply.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Oh yeah HOME is amazing ,hands down one of the best fan games associated with OFF; the creator, The Judge, passed away a few years ago and the OFF translation team even put a credit to him in the game's credits, and that makes me smile.
Orbit
Orbit
I saw. The summary of the game on the rpgmaker site dedicated a small section about him. It's sweet that they put him in the credits. A show of love after a strange and grotesque fever dream of a game.

I'll try to play through the game throughout the weekend. I won't expect it to fully live up to OFF (Just how I am with fan games), but I trust it'll be good on its own.
kirby and the forgotten land is really, really good - i beat it on sunday, slowly working my way through 100%ing it!

in other news, currently working on a small side project for evergreen using the doukutsu-rs engine, it'll be out later this week in time for a very important date ;]
Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 6.56.51 pm.png

i also made a Fun Facts(tm) sheet about evergreen's protagonist, so hopefully that will satisfy the approximately zero people hounding me for updates about its progress:

tumblr_fa7b2c782273bc91fda835d3fa7a8cbd_3e6d2c1e_1280.png
Cibryll
Cibryll
Later this week? That wouldn't happen to be Friday, would it? =P
Eli
Eli
perhaps :3c
★~Level Up~★
Tabulating changes from Lv 20.
Strength: 11
+1 Dexterity: 10
-1 Constitution: 12
+1 Wisdom: 16
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 11
Awaiting edition update.
+8 HP: 71
+4 Attack: 30
+4 Defense: 37
+8 Special Attack: 68
+9 Special Defense: 71
Speed: 31
+7 MP: 62
+10 Guts: 52
+3 Love: 64
Awaiting edition update.
Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +1
Will: +5 (+7 against confusion and heartbreak, +3 against exhaustion and distraction)
-2 Masculine taste: 4
+4 Feminine taste: 9
+1 Independence: 5
+1 Pluck: 6
+2 Luck: 8
Tenderness: 6
Polaris
Polaris
Amaya is now Level 23.
Username: Polaris
Name: Amaya
Ancestry: Mexican-American Chimera-Gardevoir Girlbeast
Job: Warden JLv 2
Class: Arcane Trickster (Digital Love Dedication) JLv 8
Subclass: Art Oracle (Peace Domain) Lv 0
Primary Moves: Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Rest
Spellblades: Cure Pen, Flair Pen, Tale Pen, Shell, Enheart, Enfury, Enfear, Enflame, Summoned Sister
Sentiment Spells: Lv 0 - Guidance, Stabilize, Message
XPTNL: 364 / 2 Days
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Still have your penchant for creatively conveying ideas and personal growth through elaborate fantasy roleplay, I see. Always happy to see you popping in.
Polaris
Polaris
It's really nothing. I may have something a bit more interesting next year. ¯\_('v')_/¯
Back